2017 NHL Playoffs Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No offense taken, I agree completely. Sens play a trap game so i'm sure even i'll get bored at times. All good, I think our first round was one of the best. Refs let ALOT go and the goalie dual was phenomenal.

Seriously fuck Guy Boucher and his 1-3-1. I'll be real interested to watch the West series tomorrow night. I think both are pretty fantastic and aside from Anaheim lot of new blood (St. Louis not exactly new, but they've only really had the one deep run).

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Seriously fuck Guy Boucher and his 1-3-1. I'll be real interested to watch the West series tomorrow night. I think both are pretty fantastic and aside from Anaheim lot of new blood (St. Louis not exactly new, but they've only really had the one deep run).

I remember there being a big stink about the 1-3-1 when Boucher took over for the Lightning too. Can't really remember why, was it because it was basically the Italian soccer equivalent of playing when you got a lead? IE sit back and be a bitch?

Merrith

I remember there being a big stink about the 1-3-1 when Boucher took over for the Lightning too. Can't really remember why, was it because it was basically the Italian soccer equivalent of playing when you got a lead? IE sit back and be a bitch?

More or less, only they would do it even when they didn't have a lead as well when games were tied (not all the time, but some of the time). It's essentially another version of the trap. I remember a clip of a game Capitals had against Tampa where we were up a couple goals in the 3rd and literally our D men just sat back in our zone passing it back and forth for almost a full minute while the guy at the point of the 1-3-1 looked back to the bench for instructions. Fans starting booing like crazy (was in Tampa).

Btw Fadaar, did you see Kucherov's comments about some guys on the Lightning this year? Guys that "already had their money and weren't working as hard for it" or something like that...he sounded pretty damn discontent. I'd send John Carlson and a pick/prospect to Tampa for him in the offseason

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah I remember that game, even the Lightning announcers were like "wtf is this shit?"

Can't blame Kuch for being mad. Him and Hedman both got paid in the offseason and were the only two consistently good performers on the entire team and really the only reason they even sniffed a chance at the playoffs. I'd guess his comments were probably directed either at Callahan or Killorn. Callahan was hurt all year and Killorn really didn't play like he earned the contract, so maybe that's who he was referring to. The +/- on a lot of the forwards was really really terrible as well. Drouin is great and maybe he just got stuck with shit linemates, but his +/- was -13 while Kuch was +13. Like Kuch mentions in the article -- the two of them had great chemistry early after Stamkos went down but the coaches decided to never play them on the same line again. Sounds like too much tinkering went on in the middle of the season and by the time they righted the ship it was too late to catch up in the standings.

Last edited:

Merrith

Yeah Drouin has been a beast ever since the whole trade demand flap blew over. Kucherov and Hedman both absolute monsters and have reason to be like "look at our play, where you guys at?"

• 1Like

Merrith

Nice Game 1. Nice to see Kuznetsov get on the board again. Feel pretty good about our chances overall if we play like that the whole series. Maybe not hand out freebies like we did tonight next game, though.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Hey, anyone wanna watch two teams with zero chance of winning a cup struggle to make 5 foot passes while the refs call EVERY FUCKING THING? Well you're in luck! This is some high octane shit boys! /puke

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Fuck, next games in an hour. Cool, didn't wanna get anything done today anyway...

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol. Let's thank the oilers for that draft lottery shit show.

Taylor Halls team now 5/7 of first overall picks.

• 1Like

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
BTW thank God for all these freebies.

edit: Total chickenshit call on the Geno goal, if that doesn't get overturned I'd be shocked.

Last edited: