2018-2019 NBA Thread

joz123

Potato del Grande
If the Raptors lose the series, 100% chance Nick Nurse is fired for that timeout.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nurse is inexperienced. Its just sad that reared its ugly head at such a critical point for Raptors fans.

Fuck Drake though, if the Warriors end up winning this series Drake will never show his face at an NBA game as gain.

If the Raptors win Drake will literally take some credit for the chip and be all over social media talking shit and be back stronger than ever next season.

So I kind of dont want the Raptors to get it done because Drake is such a faggot.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I'm trying to figure out why the drama over the crowd's reaction to the KD injury. Am i blind or wtf?

Toronto is a hockey town. From the videos that i've seen, the crowd roared up when KD got up, which is what we do for hockey players after they get up from an apparent injury.

Not sure why it was so obvious that they were mocking KD. Not to mention the fact that the crowd was already loud due to the previous play at the other end by Ibaka.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
I'm trying to figure out why the drama over the crowd's reaction to the KD injury. Am i blind or wtf?

Toronto is a hockey town. From the videos that i've seen, the crowd roared up when KD got up, which is what we do for hockey players after they get up from an apparent injury.

Not sure why it was so obvious that they were mocking KD. Not to mention the fact that the crowd was already loud due to the previous play at the other end by Ibaka.
Don't lie to us you blood hungry, maple syrup producing, Canuck!

Honestly, the way I saw it the crowd cheered because their odds of winning a championship increased quite a bit. They weren't cheering KD's injury.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>

I'm gonna go by the reaction of the players (on both teams) who could actually hear what was being said by people in the stands. It wasn't cheering KD's good health

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
The crowd was waving as he walked off the court. The announcer and the players had to tell the fans to shut up.

The real outrage here is that Toronto fans are trying to re-write reality before our very eyes. You cheered an injury, it's okay. Utah and Boston fans are occasionally racist. Welcome to the scumbag fans club.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Nurse is inexperienced. Its just sad that reared its ugly head at such a critical point for Raptors fans.

Fuck Drake though, if the Warriors end up winning this series Drake will never show his face at an NBA game as gain.

If the Raptors win Drake will literally take some credit for the chip and be all over social media talking shit and be back stronger than ever next season.

So I kind of dont want the Raptors to get it done because Drake is such a faggot.

Yeah, Im kind of hoping the Raptors lose now. Which is sad, because I like parity more than dynasties. How are you going to be a "super fan" of one team, and literally have TWO tattoo's of players on another team. Its especially ironic that those two teams are playing each other in the finals.

That crowd was cheering for Durant's injury. Dudes were waving while he was on floor. Players on Toronto had to admonish them before they fake changed their tune. I can't really blame them, because it drastically increases their chances of winning. Karma and Drake's curse just might come back to bite them now.

• 1Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I thought KD was done for the season and they were just lying about his injury until this game. Was definitely wrong about that, mostly. Turns out he should have actually been done for the season.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

Bob Myers already accepted responsibility. Said the organization thought they performed their due diligence but they were obviously wrong. Sucks because KD looked like his normal self in that first quarter.

• 1Dislike

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He really didnt though. He was walking into his shots, wasnt reacting too well on defense, and was already receiving treatment 12 minutes in. He brought the ball up a couple times, but he NEVER made a drive to the rim. He was obviously limited.

And this injury is going to be very serious. There is going to be a GIF of his achilles exploding every time someone else blows theirs. Didnt look good AT ALL. It looked like someone shot him in the calf/achilles area when it blew. For an injury that serious to take place, in the same area as his nagging calf injury, he definitely wasnt right and it ended up being the wrong decision.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yep he was shooting okay and started out okay.

He obviously wanted to play and be there for his team. Even so he helped a lot in the first quarter and a half setting the tone. Hopefully they are fired up to make his injury meaningful and win again.

Last edited:

Rude

Potato del Grande
Durant should have refused to play. Now he's fucked and GSW doesn't owe him shit. Fuck them.

• 1Dislike

Sterling

El Presidente
Durant should have refused to play. Now he's fucked and GSW doesn't owe him shit. Fuck them.
That's not how players work. They're always going to choose to play. It's on the doctors and the team to shut them down.

• 1Solidarity

joz123

Potato del Grande
Seriously. If I was KD and I thought we could lose the series that game, I would have played too.

• 1Solidarity

Rude

Potato del Grande
That's not how players work. They're always going to choose to play. It's on the doctors and the team to shut them down.
You're right, I forgot that Leonard had an all-star season before the Spurs traded him.

• 1Dislike