2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
All last year you could tell the 49ers just weren't sold on Brown. They know he is super talented, especially in pass protection. However, his run blocking was subpar at best. And the 49ers essentially openly questioned his desire to play football, as he constantly struggled with weight and being in shape.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think it's hilarious we spent so much time debating Browns taking a QB or not at #1...because if they didn't get their guy there, might not be there at #4. I feel like they could have taken BPA at #1 and Mayfield would have been there at #4. But whatevs.

Still pissed Redskins left Derwin James on the board.
As a Chargers fan I thank you.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I will miss seeing him on the field just because it was always funny seeing him standing next to normal sized people.

img_2759.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
A big part of taking Barkley first is stating he's the undeniable best talent in the draft, and believing in your scouting to find those gems in the rough. Snee was a second round pick, Justin Tuck was a fourth, Osi in the second. By that same token, Jacobs was in the 4th and Bradshaw in the 7th (I think these all correct but I could be wrong on them).

You are correct in the value based on dollars, and it's really the most sound argument against Barkley. At the end of the day, have to trust Gettleman that he made the right call. I would've been happy with Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson.
The argument against Barkley is a running backs peak is usually 24 years old and you have a life expectancy of what 5-8 years max. A QB is 10-20 these days. Part of the reason Eli struggled and the run game was bad was because of their Oline. A RB won't help that, though he will definitely be better than what they had.

Also yes the Cowboys first year was considered a failure by many (not by myself division win is a success imo). People were riding their dicks as Superbowl favorites for half the year.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The argument against Barkley is a running backs peak is usually 24 years old and you have a life expectancy of what 5-8 years max. A QB is 10-20 these days. Part of the reason Eli struggled and the run game was bad was because of their Oline. A RB won't help that, though he will definitely be better than what they had.

Also yes the Cowboys first year was considered a failure by many (not by myself division win is a success imo). People were riding their dicks as Superbowl favorites for half the year.
I'm sure Gettleman knows that. So he must've seen something in Barkley that made him say "I need to have him."

I mean he's quoted as saying he's been touched by God. He clearly wants to suck this kid's dick. I'm fine with it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I'm sure Gettleman knows that. So he must've seen something in Barkley that made him say "I need to have him."

I mean he's quoted as saying he's been touched by God. He clearly wants to suck this kid's dick. I'm fine with it.
Haha fair enough.

If they win the Superbowl this year I will come here and eat crow and let you pelt me with tomatoes as well.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
The 49ers blasted the Saints the last time they played eachother in the playoffs, and will be a better team in 2018. Its been almost a decade since they won that Super Bowl, and Sean Payton will be gone after they finish 6-10.

And the whole point of the Browns taking Barkley at 1 is the very essence that they have been awful at evaluating QB talent for decades. For any fan or football observer to think the Browns are going to make the right choice hasnt been paying attention. If you think they are going to take Darnold #1 then you are going to laugh when they take Baker Mayfield or some fucking shit.

Barkley has the highest draft grade, and will end up being the OROY. Whoever does draft him is getting a special player.

We lost the last playoff game we played against the 49ers yeah. It sucked, it hurt.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I appreciate your honorable comment sir.

Sadly the 49ers have been shit since then.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Browns killing it this draft. If they were not the Browns I would be almost hopeful for them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pretty okay with the trade back after Lions moved up and presumably took our guy. Got 3rd round pick now.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Hey Cowboys...last time you were in the Superbowl these draft picks were not even born! Hahaha brutal.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Willie Brown so far is my favorite announcer on day 2.

In 3 weeks it is mothers day, y'all.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We will see if Guice ends up a problem guy. If not...man trading back to pick up a 3rd and still getting him at #59 could be a steal.