(2020) Assassin's Creed Valhalla

spronk

FPS noob
spronk spronk is the ultimate edition coming with pay to win weapons again?

it comes with some sorta packs and 20 tier battle skip right away so kinda. they are just blueprints so whatever it is, you should be able to unlock it through normal play anyways

the battle royale inside the game will be the exact same one inside Modern Warfare for the first 30 days, not really clear what happens after that when they "integrate" black ops guns and maps into modern warfare

• 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
it comes with some sorta packs and 20 tier battle skip right away so kinda. they are just blueprints so whatever it is, you should be able to unlock it through normal play anyways

the battle royale inside the game will be the exact same one inside Modern Warfare for the first 30 days, not really clear what happens after that when they "integrate" black ops guns and maps into modern warfare
I think you're in the wrong thread.

Anyway, received my Collector Edition today (yeah yeah, I'm a sucker), and I'm a bit disappointed. Odyssey's CE was better AND cheaper. The figurine for AC:V is smaller, and kinda "eh" quality.

Series X is only coming tomorrow though, so I'm stuck waiting to start it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sounds about like what I expected, maybe even a bit worse:

Definitely glad I don't have any more invested in it than a 1-month sub to Ubi+, which also covered Watch_Dogs 3.

spronk

FPS noob
oh shit lol yeah i thought regime was talking about COD Black Ops

i don't remember any p2w weapons in assassins creed, there were weapons that were buggy and too good at endgame in Odyssey but you just bought it with ubisoft credits, it was the blue bow

nowadays i just wait 6 months to play any ubisoft SP game, no real point buying at launch. In six months washing dogs 3 and AC valalalala will be $30 each for digital ultimate edition, and thats a fine time to jump in.

AC Valhalla is 80 hours to 100% the single player storyline, thats way too much time for me to play right now especially a few months after 100%'ing Odyssey (190 hours) and Cyberpunk exactly 30 days away

• 1Like

Vorph

oh shit lol yeah i thought regime was talking about COD Black Ops

i don't remember any p2w weapons in assassins creed, there were weapons that were buggy and too good at endgame in Odyssey but you just bought it with ubisoft credits, it was the blue bow
Bighorn Bow was a helix item, not ubi challenge credits. It was cheap enough that you could buy it with the free helix they give you though. Nemean Lion set bonus was used by just about all the "overpowered" builds too, and that would cost you an additional 900 helix.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
nowadays i just wait 6 months to play any ubisoft SP game, no real point buying at launch. In six months washing dogs 3 and AC valalalala will be $30 each for digital ultimate edition, and thats a fine time to jump in.

Why wouldn't you just pay $15 for a month of uPlay? you get the ultimate version still as well

• 1Like

Crone

Ubi+ is only for PC? There's nothing similar for console to get the Ubisoft games on next-gen?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just signed up b/c I love me some Ass Creed but good lord is the rest of Ubi+ just unappealing. Maybe I can get a day out of Rayman until this unlocks?

• 1Worf

Crone

Just signed up b/c I love me some Ass Creed but good lord is the rest of Ubi+ just unappealing. Maybe I can get a day out of Rayman until this unlocks?
Farcry 3 , 4, and 5 are pretty good? WatchDogs Legion isn't great but not bad for "free". All the AC games?

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Farcry 3 , 4, and 5 are pretty good? WatchDogs Legion isn't great but not bad for "free". All the AC games?

Played them, with the exception of Odyssey so could try and knock that and Valhalla out this month. But yeah I'm with you, that is where my head was.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I will buy this on whatever console shows up first!

or pc if I get board on the 11th

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Ya, I just grabbed a month for watchdogs and this, should have waited and started the month when this goes up for preload tho.
Lol exactly. I played 5 hours of WD and thought, should have just waited for AC.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Grabbed this. Got Odyssey for free thanks to the Google Cloud beta, dumped 100+ hrs in that.

In game playing now thanks to that VPN to prisoner island. I will report back.

spronk

FPS noob
You get the bonus content like ship and other things if you just sub instead of buying?

yeah ubi+ gives you the ultimate edition for $15/mo

i prefer playing on consoles and i don't like to feel rushed, like i played odyssey slowly over an entire year just a few hours a week. i'll do the same with valhalla, but no rush to buy/start

• 1Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
yeah ubi+ gives you the ultimate edition for $15/mo

i prefer playing on consoles and i don't like to feel rushed, like i played odyssey slowly over an entire year just a few hours a week. i'll do the same with valhalla, but no rush to buy/start

Oh, well damn. Thanks for the heads up on that. I'll just pay the $15 then.

• 1Like

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you happen to be a fan of the old Might & Magic games Might and Magic 10 isn't terrible. There is also all the Heroes of Might and Magic games although the best ones were easy to get for nothing for years now.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yeah also good sub sims too I suppose :)

• 1Solidarity