(2020) Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, they really told the whole story in the Ezio trilogy. Others have said it in the past, but they really should just drop the whole modern day thing for future games and let them be stand alone tales of Assassins and Templar without trying to tie them into the Desmond Miles story line. just pick cool times in history and set your character loose to murder historical figures.
hey, there was something about a mystical alien bitch that wants to take over the world or something!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah, they really told the whole story in the Ezio trilogy. Others have said it in the past, but they really should just drop the whole modern day thing for future games and let them be stand alone tales of Assassins and Templar without trying to tie them into the Desmond Miles story line. just pick cool times in history and set your character loose to murder historical figures.
Is there even a modern storyline anymore? I skipped a few before odyssey, but it seems like in it that it’s so minimal now that all it really serves to do is add a flair towards the supernatural parts and how they can still be seen in modern day.

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
They still have a modern part to the story line, it just sucks and only serves to pull you out of the coolest parts of the game. They've been reducing the footprint for a while, but I think they should just eliminate it. At most make it an initial cut scene at the beginning, but I wouldn't even do that.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah after AC4/Rogue there really is almost no assassin/templar stuff anymore. AC Odyssey and Origins don't feel like assassins creed games, they feel like Far Cry or other games set in historical greece or egypt. I imagine Valhalla will be the same. Sometimes you have to play in the modern age and its just annoying shit that adds absolutely nothing to any sort of story, and just makes things even more muddled and stupid.

Just playing the AC2 Ezio Collection, AC4, and then AC Odyssey in any order is enough, there really is virtually no connective tissue in the games anymore other than some stupid lesbian bitch named Layla keeps saying stupid shit IRL

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ac4 was always my favorite. Captain kenway was such a great character. He was perfect for the golden age of piracy as well as being a character who's motives you understand. He doesn't care AT ALL about being an assassin for like 3/4 of the game. Dude is just playing everyone in order to get rich. Every time he finds some age old artifact that could upset the very nature of the world he's like, imagine how much money I could make from selling this!!

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, time will tell, but I think the AC "lore" is essentially capped out that they don't need the modern day stuff now even if they wanted to. Just have your apple of eden mcguffins in game and 99% of the people playing will know what's up. The other 1% will look online and figure it out.

That said, I wouldn't mind a John Wick modern day AC.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
As someone who spent 180+ hours in Odyssey, and 80+ in Origins, I’m so hyped for this. It’s looking great. My biggest worry right now is I’ve had to deal with a ”tennis elbow“ injury for the past 2 months, so barely been playing anything either on pc or ps4, I hope it’s healed well enough by release so I can play it.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Uplay+ is a no-brainer for this and Watch Dogs: Legion. You get the $120 (or whatever ridiculous price they ask) "ultimate" version for $16, play it until you're bored, then forget about it like every other Ubi game. If you really, really like it, sub for another month down the road when all the DLC is out. I just hope Geforce Now has sorted out the cloud save issues they had last time I tried a Uplay title, because Ubi putting all their games on GFN from day one is a big plus too.

One thing I haven't seen confirmed or denied about AC:V... is Ubi still trying to make single-player GaaS a thing? Everything good about AC:O was ruined by the retarded GaaS/MTX shit.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
As someone who spent 180+ hours in Odyssey, and 80+ in Origins, I’m so hyped for this. It’s looking great. My biggest worry right now is I’ve had to deal with a ”tennis elbow“ injury for the past 2 months, so barely been playing anything either on pc or ps4, I hope it’s healed well enough by release so I can play it.

Got a free code for this from my cpu purchase a month back, excited to play this in earnest once I get through CP2077. Also just realized there is a base building mechanism in this which I'm always a sucker for, hope its fairly robust.

Edit* that's the best video I'm seen from them showcasing this game, has me a little hype ngl

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I might be misremembering but I thought the base in AC2 was pretty fleshed out? It's fuzzy but I remember enjoying that aspect quite a bit

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Also just realized there is a base building mechanism in this
giphy.gif

I need to figure out how to get on disability, quit my job and kick the women out of my house before this comes out.

Edit:
Ubisoft describes one of Assassin's Creed Valhalla's biggest features, a settlement that will play a major role in the player's story.
Fiery shitfarts. that means it's going to be like Skyrim/RDR/GTA, not like Fallout/Fortnite/Conan.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xerge

<Donor>
I worked with someone who is a console gamer and basi c ally said if she cant plau female then im not playing it. so I see this as a business move

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Boob viking is okay, no need to make excuses. All the vikings looked like vikings, all the brits looked like brits. So boob viking didn't come off as woke propaganda.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I worked with someone who is a console gamer and basi c ally said if she cant plau female then im not playing it. so I see this as a business move
Well the way I’m reading it is you can play as either gender only if you set it that way but detault will switch you back and forth during the game.