2021-2022 NFL Season: Deshaun Watson will die a Texan!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
You’re right, that was a bad take partly due to the stance I took and partly due to presentation. I wasn’t really trying to slight Kupp with the comparison to Patriot’s slot receivers, they dominated the league for a long time. Kupp did a lot of work this year out of the slot. Welker is a borderline(?) hall of famer that defined or re-defined the slot receiver position over a 6-7 year span where he was an absolute monster. Edelman was very productive for a similar amount of time and has a super bowl MVP in his trophy case.

I still don’t think you could put another player in the league into the position Deebo had this year and gotten similar success and I think the 49ers are eating shit at about 6 wins without him.

Comparing him to Welker is not a slight in any way. Welker was dominate in his position for 5+ years.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Alright, time for some predictions you football nutters.

Done by playing time order:

Raiders @ Bengals - Bengals will end a long playoff wins drought.
Patriots @ Bills - Bills prove Mac Jones is no Tom Brady reborn.
Eagles @ Buccs - Buccs prove Tom Brady is still Tom Brady.
49ers @ Cowboys - Cowboys win their SuperBowl as all the haters believe they are just one and done. Successful season confirmed.
Steelers @ Chiefs - Chiefs end Big Ben's carrier.
Cardinals @ Rams - Rams show you can't beat a team 3 times in one year. They finally get their revenge.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Receivers are weird. There are some guys who are just amazing but in a tight half decade window, which is usually how it is for them. I put people like Welker, Nelson, and a lot of the ones from the prior decade in that category. Then there are the seemingly immortal ones that keep piling up the numbers for over a decade like Rice or Fitzgerald. TEs seem to last a little longer at their peak, depending on how much blocking they are doing.

And yeah in that five year window, Welker was one of the best in the league. I think the game has speed up too much for receivers to have the kind of shelf life they used to.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

49ers @ Cowboys - Cowboys win their SuperBowl as all the haters believe they are just one and done. Successful season confirmed.
Cardinals @ Rams - Rams show you can't beat a team 3 times in one year. They finally get their revenge.
First of all Rams already beat the Cardinals this year, but I agree with that pick.

Raiders Bengals is a fucking coinflip. Bengles SHOULD win, but Raiders are hot at the right time and Bungles going to Bungle.
Bills should win easily, but Darth Bill is a mean trickey old bastard in the playoffs so I am a little iffy on this one too.
Eagles made a good run, but even without his weapons they are no match for Brady and that defense.
In theory if they can keep Dak off his back and run, they SHOULD win easily. But this is Coach McRib and his only upside is he typically waits til the NFCCG to shit the bed entirely.
Chiefs have some issues, but Rape Ape is far to past his prime to score enough to keep pace with KC.
Cardinals have too many issues down the stretch and I think the Rams finally get their head out of their ass so they can get Stafford his first ever playoff win.

There are some interesting games for the wildcard round, for sure.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Raiders Bengals is a fucking coinflip. Bengles SHOULD win, but Raiders are hot at the right time and Bungles going to Bungle.

This game could be a comedy of errors. The Raiders are just as capable of pulling some typical Bengal shit. Whatever the case, a really long playoff win drought is going to end.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
You’re right, that was a bad take partly due to the stance I took and partly due to presentation. I wasn’t really trying to slight Kupp with the comparison to Patriot’s slot receivers, they dominated the league for a long time. Kupp did a lot of work this year out of the slot. Welker is a borderline(?) hall of famer that defined or re-defined the slot receiver position over a 6-7 year span where he was an absolute monster. Edelman was very productive for a similar amount of time and has a super bowl MVP in his trophy case.

I still don’t think you could put another player in the league into the position Deebo had this year and gotten similar success and I think the 49ers are eating shit at about 6 wins without him.
Fair enough. And as Brahma said the Welker comparison is probably fairly accurate. Dude was really good for a long time.

Also 100% agree on your last statement. It is incredibly hard to compare Kupp and Deebo because they play very different roles.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Eli will forever be a hero of the people after taking down Darth Bill and that undefeated Gaytriots team.
Not only that, but he lost most of his way there and was a pathetic showing that everyone expected to lose. He sucks, but when he was called to do his one thing, he did it. He had one job, I'm okay with him being in the HoF as a big middle finger to the rest of them.

• 2Like

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, with one of the greatest WRs of all-time at basically his peak. Also, Boldin and Edgerin James were no slouches either.

Then on the Rams he had dudes like fucking Bruce, Faulk, Holt, etc.

Meanwhile, Eli was throwing to fucking Plaxico.
Eli also threw to a few helmets.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
He had one job, I'm okay with him being in the HoF as a big middle finger to the rest of them.
New York Giants Middle Finger GIF

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

I'm picking the Pats over the Bills.

Steelers over the Chiefs!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The best comparison for Kupp and Deebo is zero teams seem capable of stopping them doing there thing.

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cardinals….

what in the ever loving God is this?

1642009752100.jpeg

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Big Ben Beats Darth Bill in AFCC

Big Ben slays Brady in the Super Bowl.

Big Ben and Antonio Brown both sign exclusive 5 year deals.

Lord, I haven't asked for much in life but if you could do this one little thing for me? Oh, and can they sign for 45 mill/yr and 22/yr while I'm asking?

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, with one of the greatest WRs of all-time at basically his peak. Also, Boldin and Edgerin James were no slouches either.

Then on the Rams he had dudes like fucking Bruce, Faulk, Holt, etc.

Meanwhile, Eli was throwing to fucking Plaxico.

Right, and this is why in 3 total Super Bowl appearances Warner has 3 of the top 6 passing yardage performances. While Eli had...man that defense was good and a couple lucky/fluky catches.

That one of the greatest receivers of all time...bet you can't guess who his QB was the year he recorded his most receiving yards in a season (1,431). Or the two years back to back when he caught his most receiving TD's (12 and 13).

Also James did shit for the Cardinals in the Super Bowl year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Right, and this is why in 3 total Super Bowl appearances Warner has 3 of the top 6 passing yardage performances. While Eli had...man that defense was good and a couple lucky/fluky catches.

That one of the greatest receivers of all time...bet you can't guess who his QB was the year he recorded his most receiving yards in a season (1,431). Or the two years back to back when he caught his most receiving TD's (12 and 13).

Also James did shit for the Cardinals in the Super Bowl year.
Other than Umenyiora on defense, that 2004 Giants roster was almost the exact same as the 2007 roster and it's basically identical on the offensive side (you could argue the 2004 team had a better RB, even). Eli won a SB against one of the greatest teams of all-time with it, Warner shit the bed and got booted to AZ.

Nobody is saying Warner is bad, but within the context of "overrated QBs in the HoF", comparing era to era, Kurt Warner has to be at the top of the list (so far).

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Other than Umenyiora on defense, that 2004 Giants roster was almost the exact same as the 2007 roster and it's basically identical on the offensive side (you could argue the 2004 team had a better RB, even). Eli won a SB against one of the greatest teams of all-time with it, Warner shit the bed and got booted to AZ.

Nobody is saying Warner is bad, but within the context of "overrated QBs in the HoF", comparing era to era, Kurt Warner has to be at the top of the list (so far).

I'd have a couple other QB's in the Hall as more overrated, although overrated might be the wrong word, more "in only because they played long enough to pile up passing yards" (Fouts, Moon). Whatever the defensive roster, that Giants' D in 2007 allowed only 20 points once in 4 playoff games, and were the reason they ended up winning. W

Warner got beat by a last second FG, and a last second TD pass or he could have 3 rings. Sometimes that's how it works. But saying he shit the bed and got booted to AZ doesn't tell the whole story. Not like AZ has done dick all except when he was there to QB them to the Super Bowl (with 11 TD's versus only 3 Int in those 4 playoff games). His playoff resume overall is pretty decent. Only 4 QB's in history have gotten to the Super Bowl with multiple teams, and 2 of the other 3 are Brady and Peyton.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
People in here really arguing that lesser Manning is more deserving of HoF than Kurt Warner?

Holy fuck guys

• 2Like