2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think Julio is coming to the Bay babay.

The blatantly obvious connection to Shanahan is the key here. Shanny wants him, and Im sure he wouldnt mind coming into a situation where he can have a shot at winning and can instantly become the number 1 WR option. I think he would rise in the pecking order above Samuel and Aiyuk. Having those 3 receivers and Kittle? Wow.

There would be zero excuse for that team. They have been lacking WR production for a while outside of Samuel when he is healthy, but if they get Julio?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think Julio is coming to the Bay babay.

The blatantly obvious connection to Shanahan is the key here. Shanny wants him, and Im sure he wouldnt mind coming into a situation where he can have a shot at winning and can instantly become the number 1 WR option. I think he would rise in the pecking order above Samuel and Aiyuk. Having those 3 receivers and Kittle? Wow.

There would be zero excuse for that team. They have been lacking WR production for a while outside of Samuel when he is healthy, but if they get Julio?

Frankly I think Aiyuk as good or better than Samuel. Both guys just had health issues and zero consistency at QB.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Aiyuk is a better athlete, but Deebo is a fucking animal. The reason why he cant stay healthy is because he plays with such ferocious energy. He never goes out of bounds and is consistently looking for contact. I just hope they can both stay on the field. We do need a Julio Jones type WR though, a tall rangy 1 on 1 dominator on the flank. Deebo and Aiyuk are smaller speedster type WR who can kill you over the middle but they arent true WR1 type guys IMO. I say Deebo is a WR2, as is Aiyuk. You could even play both out of the slot interchangeably. Maybe Aiyuk develops as a WR1 type producer, that would be great, but Im not so sure.

Animosity

As much as I don’t want to see it, I want to see a season of a healthy Deebo and Aiyuk. Both are exciting guys to watch and I want to see what Shanahan can scheme up with them both in the field. If Julio ends up there I’ll pray he has another hamstring riddled season and plays 2 games.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I would definitely take him on the Chargers. Talented players that get hurt is our forte. Imagine the dual threat of Allen and Jones...oh my.

I think he would be great for the Colts as well. TY Hilton and Jones would also be pretty lethal.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I almost don't want to link this here because I hate giving Sharpe and Skip any extra attention, but this is pretty funny. He doesn't tell him he is on air, and Julio goes to say he is out of Atlanta and doesn't want to play in Dallas.

• 9Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I almost don't want to link this here because I hate giving Sharpe and Skip any extra attention, but this is pretty funny. He doesn't tell him he is on air, and Julio goes to say he is out of Atlanta and doesn't want to play in Dallas.

download_20191014_103630.png

• 6Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Man, all this talk about Julio being traded and the 49ers are listed right at the top for potential landing spots. I have some serious reservations about it.

First off he isn't going to come cheap. As of now the Falcons are asking for a 1st round pick, I don't think they will get it, but a 2nd probably isn't out of the realm of possibility. Second off is then you have to take on that 15M cap hit for this coming year. That is a whole lot to ask for a 32 year old receiver who hasn't been the picture of health the last couple years.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
My guess is the Falcons are gonna have to eat some of his salary this year

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

I think a 2nd would make sense for Julio. Health hard to tell with him because before least season he hadn't played less than 14 games since 2013, but he always seems to have something nagging that he plays through.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Not even sure why he'd wanna go to the Niners if he wants to win. You're putting your trust in JimmyG being healthy all year?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I think a 2nd would make sense for Julio. Health hard to tell with him because before least season he hadn't played less than 14 games since 2013, but he always seems to have something nagging that he plays through.
Bolded that last part because I think that is the most relevant. It is true that he has played through it, but the older you get the more difficult that becomes. The 49ers have dealt with plenty of injuries, so paying a huge price for a guy to come in with injury concerns just seems to maybe not be worth it.

Merrith

I think he's past his prime as far as being able to consistently stay healthy, but when he's actually on the field, he's still an absolute stud.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, he's still really good. But will he still be really good 3-4 seasons from now if you extend him or whatever. All those injuries even if he's playing through them most of the time are going to add up at some point.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Report: Watson won't attend OTAs, still wants to be traded

:eyeroll:

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

um, what?

"Watson is currently facing 22 lawsuits alleging sexual assault and inappropriate behavior."

This is one reason i gave up on the NFL and sports in general.

Morgan Freeman Wtf GIF

Merrith

Can't be traded anyways, impossible to do with the cap, no?

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users