2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Crazy calls both ways towards the end, but satisfying win nonetheless. Leave Heinicke in. He's limited, and I still think overall would be better for us to get as high a pick as possible to draft a QB, but can't help but root for the guy.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I didn't see the game but was that roughing the passer penalty at the end legit?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

I didn't see the game but was that roughing the passer penalty at the end legit?

Yeah, Heinicke takes a knee giving himself up to keep clock running and 2 Eagles players run into him a full second and a half to 2 seconds later. Maybe right on the edge, but they definitely could have made a bigger effort to slow up.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, Heinicke takes a knee giving himself up to keep clock running and 2 Eagles players run into him a full second and a half to 2 seconds later. Maybe right on the edge, but they definitely could have made a bigger effort to slow up.
It was super undisciplined play by the defense

• 2Like

Merrith

It was super undisciplined play by the defense

I kind of agreed that it did look like he was starting to try to slow up potentially, but there was enough time to realize and avoid most if not all the contact.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The thing is about the expert they fired, is they said he followed the protocol and did nothing wrong in that regard.

Almost like the NFLPA stands to gain from being a victim of unsafe work environment and the NFL only cares looking good and protecting its bottom line

• 1Like

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
When a player gives themself up, as he did, anything besides one or two hand touch is required to be flagged. It's been that way since Peyton Manning days at least.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah watching the replay, that was just retarded on the Eagles part. He clearly gave himself up. It wasn't even close.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yup, if it was bang-bang I can understand the complaints. But he had fucking miles to slow the fuck up. Purely down to a lack of disciple and joggers joggering.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The thing is about the expert they fired, is they said he followed the protocol and did nothing wrong in that regard.
He let a player with clear and unambiguous signs of a traumatic brain injury back into the game. He was fired for exercising poor medical judgment that endangered Tua's life. Any member of the Dolphin's medical staff involved in clearing Tua to return to that game should be fired as well, but obviously Miami will never do that.

Finding a loophole in the protocol that allows him to dismiss a display of gross motor instability following a hit to the head is not 'doing nothing wrong'.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I guess the Russell haters have been somewhat justified. Meanwhile Pete Carrol making Geno Smith look like comeback player of the year.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Russell ruined his own legacy. After all the dirt that was aired about him once he traded from the Seahawks, I lost a lot of respect I had for him.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I guess the Russell haters have been somewhat justified. Meanwhile Pete Carrol making Geno Smith look like comeback player of the year.

Wanting to be MVP and Tom Brady ruined him. Its all ego that killed him and led him to where he is right now

• 2Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Cooper is having surgery, going on IR. Mass exodus incoming and no playoffs for a loooooooooooooong time.

• 2Like