2022 NFL Offseason Thread: Looking forward Tua better future!

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How can the 49ers even manage to keep Garoppolo? In order to pay draft picks they would have to do some real salary cap maneuvering and restructuring to make it even close to feasible. If he is still on the roster week 1 its organizational malpractice.

But bet is on avatar for entire season? Half the season?

Mind you I am betting he is still on the team out of blatant disgust and bewilderment. I also said if he is still on the team Im taking the season off and I still might.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Get a grip Jozu. Jimmy erased any chance of trading him (which was by no means guaranteed in the first place) by deciding to have surgery on his shoulder. The Niners will keep him around until they actually have to start paying him for the season in hopes that some team has an injury during training camp and is desperate enough to trade something for him. If this doesn't happen (and it probably won't) then they'll just release him. This isn't some kind of rank incompetence on the 49ers part, just a sign that no team wants to pay Jimmy $25M a year AND give up draft picks for him which isn't that surprising. Once he's released, some team will sign him to a smaller contract and the world will keep spinning. The fact that they signed Nate Sudfeld to a one year, $2M fully guaranteed contract and drafted a QB is a pretty good sign that they're not planning on Jimmy being around during the season but Lynch has to keep saying he could be to make it look like another team might not be able to count on him being released.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
How can the 49ers even manage to keep Garoppolo? In order to pay draft picks they would have to do some real salary cap maneuvering and restructuring to make it even close to feasible. If he is still on the roster week 1 its organizational malpractice.

But bet is on avatar for entire season? Half the season?

Mind you I am betting he is still on the team out of blatant disgust and bewilderment. I also said if he is still on the team Im taking the season off and I still might.
I'll happily Avatar bet you. Honestly, if the 49ers do keep Jimmy G on the roster for week 1, I don't think I would want this Avatar anymore anyway. That would be some seriously shitty front office management if they do indeed keep him.

Everything Brutul said is true. All of it is because of the shoulder surgery. They'll hope once he is healed they can get something for him, or some other team will get an injury in training camp. If not, they cut him and move on.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I could see Jimmy becoming the next Ryan Fitzgerald. Good enough, solid teammate, and nice enough guy to float around the league collecting paychecks for a long time.

Fadaar

That guy
Ryan Fitzgerald

Ideas_Surprised_Pikachu_HD.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol I like Ryan Fitzsimmons.

But the fact that we are even talking about Garoppolo possibly being on this 49er team to start the year is truly unthinkable. I bet a lot of teams around the league are making fun of this 49er leadership and ownership.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I thought the same about Brady being dull, but the night he was on the Monday Night Manning cast was gold.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Less than 4 years ago we had an official Nathan Peterman hype video as our week 1 starter.

• 6Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 7 users

Fadaar

That guy
Need a Mannings + Brady streaming show that's unfiltered/uncensored. Would be a riot especially with guests each game.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Need a Mannings + Brady streaming show that's unfiltered/uncensored. Would be a riot especially with guests each game.
Amazon would make a fortune if they did this. Even the "toned down" version of their show is the ONLY way to watch MNF. If you allowed them to go nuts with no filter/censors? TV magic.

• 3Like

Fadaar

That guy
Amazon would make a fortune if they did this. Even the "toned down" version of their show is the ONLY way to watch MNF. If you allowed them to go nuts with no filter/censors? TV magic.

We've known for years that Peyton is a comedy goldmine, dude is so fuckin quick. Eli is pretty good too, he works well with Peyton for painfully obvious reasons. Brady since he went to Tampa has loosened the filter, and turns out he's pretty funny too. Toss in someone like Marshawn, Favre, etc as a weekly guest and it's a guaranteed success.

• 3Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I thought the same about Brady being dull, but the night he was on the Monday Night Manning cast was gold.

I've heard he can chug a beer faster than anyone so he must cut loose sometimes. And of course there was this...

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
We've known for years that Peyton is a comedy goldmine, dude is so fuckin quick. Eli is pretty good too, he works well with Peyton for painfully obvious reasons. Brady since he went to Tampa has loosened the filter, and turns out he's pretty funny too. Toss in someone like Marshawn, Favre, etc as a weekly guest and it's a guaranteed success.
I actually think Eli is funnier than Peyton most of the time on that show. I don't know if Peyton is just holding back or what(he has been funny on his SNL appearances and such), but that show is 3 hours straight of Eli just trashing the fuck out of Peyton and it's incredible.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider

I'm pretty chill and a live and let live kind of person, but fuck this guy.

I have an irrational hatred of people like this. "I don't like eating x."
"Have you ever tried it?"
"No, but I know I won't like it."

I'd rather root for DeShaun Watson.

Edit: He was born in NC and went to college there too. How do you drive past a Cook Out and go, "Smells good. Makes me want to go home and eat my chicken tendies!"

Last edited:
  • 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users