2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

Kaines

Potato Supreme
No, if you think an NFL D-Lineman can fit their fat knee in between the helmet and shoulder pads with the precision to cause injury then I have a Bridge I would like to sell you. Not to mention you would just make it that much easier to score/get the first.

Uh the Snapper is on the line of scrimmage and yes the kicker and the holder are defenseless. Sorry but this didn't land like you thought it would, you are just wrong.
ROFL. Stacking the line on defense had NOTHING to do with the kicker or holder. Fuck me you really know nothing about football.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
ROFL. Stacking the line on defense had NOTHING to do with the kicker or holder. Fuck me you really know nothing about football.
I have no idea what is up your ass, but I said the snapper (which you have now ignored twice) and my understanding was that it extended to the kicker and the holder as they are defenseless as well. So I was partially wrong, but still right. Is this your argument?

At least have the honor to have an honest argument, this shit is beneath you.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I have no idea what is up your ass, but I said the snapper (which you have no ignored twice) and my understanding was that it extended to the kicker and the holder as they are defenseless as well. So I was partially wrong, but still right. Is this your argument?

At least have the honor to have an honest argument, this shit is beneath you.
The snapper is part of the offensive line that they were protecting, yes. But not JUST the snapper. The same argument can easily be made to defend the defensive line from the force of multiple waves of people pushing against them.

EDIT: The rule that protected the long snapper specifically is the rule that no defensive player can line up directly across from him.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
The snapper is part of the offensive line that they were protecting, yes. But not JUST the snapper. The same argument can easily be made to defend the defensive line from the force of multiple waves of people pushing against them.
HA, this is where you are soooooooooooooo fucking ignorant and wrong.

The snapper is in a defenseless position due to the mechanics of long snapping with both arms. This is not true for the D-Line.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
HA, this is where you are soooooooooooooo fucking ignorant and wrong.

The snapper is in a defenseless position due to the mechanics of long snapping with both arms. This is not true for the D-Line.
See edit above. You are a moron.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
See edit above. You are a moron.
You mean the rule I linked in this post? The very rule we have been discussing this afternoon?

Who says they can't? They could sub in more DLs for LBs and DBs. The overload rule for the defense is only on kicks to protect defenseless players.

You don't need to beyond play high school to have the common sense to understand why that opinion is laughable.

snap.0.gif

Defenseless.

Again, I have no idea what is up your ass or why you are being so disingenuous with your argument. 🤷‍♂️

Kaines

Potato Supreme
You mean the rule I linked in this post? The very rule we have been discussing this afternoon?

snap.0.gif

Defenseless.

Again, I have no idea what is up your ass or why you are being so disingenuous with your argument. 🤷‍♂️
Yes. That rule states clearly that you cannot put anyone over the snapper (the rule to protect him) AND you cannot push defensive players through ANY part of the offensive line (all O-Line players protected) That second part is also applicable to defensive line players on the tush push. Unless you are just a biased idiot.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Yes. That rule states clearly that you cannot put anyone over the snapper (the rule to protect him) AND you cannot push defensive players through ANY part of the offensive line (all O-Line players protected) That second part is also applicable to defensive line players on the tush push. Unless you are just a biased idiot.
Bias? For who? The Eagles? Nope.

Do you understand why the rule extends to the rest of the O-Line during a kick? If yes, please explain it to me.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Bias? For who? The Eagles? Nope.

Do you understand why the rule extends to the rest of the O-Line during a kick? If yes, please explain it to me.
If you're going to try and claim all O-Line players are "defensless" on a any special teams play, you are going to enter Chris Chris levels of idiocy.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
If you're going to try and claim all O-Line players are "defensless" on a any special teams play, yo are going to enter Chris Chris levels of idiocy.
Nope, the snapper is definitely defenseless. The rest of the line is something different so, I want you flex all that football knowledge and explain why.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Nope, the snapper is definitely defenseless. The rest of the line is something different so, I want you flex all that football knowledge and explain why.
They aren't defensless. The rule was made because it's stupid to.expect any lineman to defend themselves against multiple waves of people pushing on them. Just like the tush push.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
They aren't defensless. The rule was made because it's stupid to.expect any lineman to defend themselves against multiple waves of people pushing on them. Just like the tush push.
Then why is it only a rule on kicks?

trouble-in.gif

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Then why is it only a rule on kicks?
Because that is where it was happening. You don't see linebackers pushing linemen through on other plays because they have different responsibilities and it would be easily countered on a normal play. You really are a moron.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Because that is where it was happening. You don't see linebackers pushing linemen through on other plays because they have different responsibilities and it would be easily countered on a normal play. You really are a moron.
So you don't know? Would you like me to explain it to you? Only if you say "please."

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This fucking retard doesn't think a team would just audible out if they suddenly saw 9 defensive linemen in.

Furthermore, it used to be illegal in the NFL to push the ball carrier. They only lifted that in 2005, not that long ago. The Eagles found a way to exploit it, because they have a QB specifically built for it (dude squats like 600 lbs.) and now the league is going to ban it.

It's no different than the Seahawks being the reason for the 5 yd holding penalty on defense, because of how handsy they used to get circa 2012-2015ish. A team finds a loophole, exploits it, then the league smacks them down.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
What a bunch of chuckle fucks.

Kaines Kaines how many beers down are you? Your rage is nonsensical unless alcohol is in the mix.

The reason it extends to the rest of the line on kicks and kicks only because the footwork. From PeeWee to the NFL the rest of line interlocks their inside leg with the outside leg of the guy inside of them to close the gaps. You can see it in the this gif.

snap.0.gif

Kirun Kirun I never said they wouldn't audible. Why would you lie?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Look, we get it, you were the Pee Wee League MVP. Highlight of your life but it's time to move on.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users