2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's not one game, it's the entire season.

Kaepernick never had a regular season even remotely as good as the one Love just had. And it's done with a no-name receiving core. He could certainly regress but it was a superb season.
You think they should induct him tomorrow then?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Gonna be a huge choke job if the Niners don't reach the Superbowl with the field thats left.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Gonna be a huge choke job if the Niners don't reach the Superbowl with the field thats left.
Detroit is decent, at least their offense is. But yeah it would be pretty disappointing to not make it through the teams left.

Crazy stuff happens in the playoffs though!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
For the Dallas locals...
1705379731190.png

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Detroit is decent, at least their offense is. But yeah it would be pretty disappointing to not make it through the teams left.

Crazy stuff happens in the playoffs though!
As someone who is an absolute authority on watching their team choke in the playoffs, you can't downplay what a MASSIVE choke job it would be for the 9ers to lose prior to Superbowl Sunday.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
As someone who is an absolute authority on watching their team choke in the playoffs, you can't downplay what a MASSIVE choke job it would be for the 9ers to lose prior to Superbowl Sunday.
Look, I am just trying to set my expectations lower so I won't be terribly disappointed if they lose.

Who am I kidding? I'll probably cry if they lose

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
At this point I’m rooting for the Bucs and Texans to reach the SB. I literally hate every remaining team.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
if the Bucs don't win next weekend I'm pulling for Lions/Bills so we can get the "Fucking Finally" bowl

Josh Allen flopping like Lebron James turned me from being neutral about to not liking the Bills.

If we're lucky, we can get the Chiefs again so we can hear even more hard hitting 'round the clock coverage

• 1Barf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
if the Bucs don't win next weekend I'm pulling for Lions/Bills so we can get the "Fucking Finally" bowl
No thx I don’t have insurance on my trip to Vegas in February and I’d hate to be out the airfare and hotel deposit when Vegas is struck by a meteor just because you want to see one of those perennial losers finally win.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would love to see all upset and none of the teams expected to make it, get there. Teams like chiefs, ravens, 49ers, bills etc. All I can root for now is texans, buccs, lions and packers. Damn browns for losing, would of been fun to have them too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Hyperbole? Oh, you mean like comparing him to Favre and Rodgers after one season?
Comparing the next successor to their legacy seems totally appropriate when his first season was better than either of their first seasons (yeah, yeah, different eras and all that). Anyone who successfully appears to take over the reins from a HoF quarterback is going to get notice. People are extrapolating the future of their quarterbacks all the time, good or bad.

Obviously part of success is consistency and repetition but why wouldn't people talk him up based on the available evidence? What has he shown to be such a great negative to worry about thus far? He had a bit of a weak streak in the second quarter of the season but has fully rebounded from that even as teams get more game film of him. So many teams have cycled through countless quarterbacks that never came close to sniffing Love's season.

What's the minimum amount of good game play required for a team or fan base to think they have their franchise quarterback?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Comparing the next successor to their legacy seems totally appropriate when his first season was better than either of their first seasons (yeah, yeah, different eras and all that). Anyone who successfully appears to take over the reins from a HoF quarterback is going to get notice. People are extrapolating the future of their quarterbacks all the time, good or bad.

Obviously part of success is consistency and repetition but why wouldn't people talk him up based on the available evidence? What has he shown to be such a great negative to worry about thus far? He had a bit of a weak streak in the second quarter of the season but has fully rebounded from that even as teams get more game film of him. So many teams have cycled through countless quarterbacks that never came close to sniffing Love's season.

What's the minimum amount of good game play required for a team or fan base to think they have their franchise quarterback?
I think 3+ years of consistency at a high level (playoffs at least, including at least 1 win - maybe a Conference Championship or SB appearance thrown in) is "franchise" level and I think 5+ is leaning into that potential HoF category.

I take no issue with people saying Love had a great season, obviously he did. But we're already crowning the kid after 1 season to be comparable to talents like Favre and Rodgers? :rolleyes:

Kaepernick had 1800 yards passing and 400 yards rushing in 7 starts in 2012. Then in 2013 he had 3200 yards passing, 524 yards rushing in a season that was 1 shorter than Love. In 2012 his QB Rating was a couple points higher than Love's this season and in 2013 it was a couple points less.

Did that mean Kaepernick should've been compared to Young and Montana? Maybe we pump the brakes a bit.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think 3+ years of consistency at a high level (playoffs at least, including at least 1 win - maybe a Conference Championship or SB appearance thrown in) is "franchise" level and I think 5+ is leaning into that potential HoF category.

I take no issue with people saying Love had a great season, obviously he did. But we're already crowning the kid after 1 season to be comparable to talents like Favre and Rodgers? :rolleyes:

Kaepernick had 1800 yards passing and 400 yards rushing in 7 starts in 2012. Then in 2013 he had 3200 yards passing, 524 yards rushing in a season that was 1 shorter than Love. In 2012 his QB Rating was a couple points higher than Love's this season and in 2013 it was a couple points less.

Did that mean Kaepernick should've been compared to Young and Montana? Maybe we pump the brakes a bit.
Who else would GB fans compare him to? Yall have had 25+ qbs in the last 20 years, you have so many examples to refer to that reaching all the way back for Young/Montana wouldn't make any sense at all.