2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
But he is also #1 in the league in air yards per attempt. By a pretty significant margin actually. If you want to say he can't drive the ball down the field without all the YAC you could make that argument much more easily about such QBs as Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, and Patrick Mahomes.

View attachment 510840

Literally pointed out he also plays well, too. Was simply giving an example of what makes people be like "well that sounds pretty suspect".

Merrith

The playmakers argument always makes me laugh too. As if every great QB hasn't had talent around to help them succeed. It's hard to point to a QB who has had a very successful year, without a strong supporting cast. Just seems like such a weird thing to point out.

Dude is still in his 2nd year in the league. It's totally plausible that he continues to grow and improves in some areas, and it is also totally possible he burns out and it is proved that he is simply propped up by his coach and team. I personally find the latter unlikely, as if you watch some of his decision making he appears to be the real deal. Only time will tell though.

Yes, many do, but has any of them literally had basically the top YAC guy at 3 different positions the way Purdy does (CMC, Kittle, Deebo)? It's a somewhat different level.

Also...again...I simply pointed out an obvious thing that MANY people point at, while still noting he has played very well.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Joe Montana played with arguably the greatest FOOTBALL player of all time, let alone greatest WR(obviously he didn't have him early). And until Brady came along, everyone had him as the defacto GOAT. People also forget how fucking good John Taylor was too because there was a guy named Rice lined up on the other side.

You can't win without ANY playmakers on offense. Football is and always will be a team sport. All the greats have had insane weapons. Look at the receivers Peyton Manning had throughout his career. Brady had arguably the greatest TE ever. Welker, Edelman, Moss, etc.
Not only did I get to meet both of them at a Walmart function with my father, I got a high five from Jerry Rice. I also got a pic of me with them with my sweet mullet.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's nice that you mention Edelman as that allows me to segue into the GOAT who made dudes like Edelman look like world beaters for two decades. Every QB has some guys that make them look like all-stars and that transition is directly attributable to having said guys. We even see the best talent of the past decade having issues when he has to throw to dudes named Mecole. Burrow has an embarrassment of riches in Cincy. Chase, Higgins, and Boyd all on one team? He has the best WR corp in the entire NFL. Get out of here with that Trenton Irwin bullshit.

Look at Burrow's stats without Chase and without Tee. Anyone who thinks his success is all on his WRs just isn't paying attention.

Merrith

But he is also #1 in the league in air yards per attempt. By a pretty significant margin actually. If you want to say he can't drive the ball down the field without all the YAC you could make that argument much more easily about such QBs as Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, and Patrick Mahomes.

View attachment 510840

To be more specific, not that he can't/didn't drive the ball down the field, just that...well...he doesn't have to even do it. (granted, this is only from mid December when season wasn't quite over yet, but it makes the point pretty clear).

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
(granted, this is only from mid December when season wasn't quite over yet, but it makes the point pretty clear).
LOL very convenient to cherry pick the stats like that to fit the hater narrative.

So basically they used a whole 3 games he played (never played the Lambs game), one of which was one of his worst performances.

Merrith

LOL very convenient to cherry pick the stats like that to fit the hater narrative.

So basically they used a whole 3 games he played (never played the Lambs game), one of which was one of his worst performances.

No like through Week 14 or so? You know, most of the season?

Merrith

You said FROM mid-December, so I read it as they were only counting stats from then on. Gotcha.

As in the tweet or whatever was FROM mid december. Obivously there were a few more weeks to the season when it was posted, so seemed only proper to provide the fact it was info that was posted FROM mid December and not after week 18. Come on Kirun.,

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Look at Burrow's stats without Chase and without Tee. Anyone who thinks his success is all on his WRs just isn't paying attention.

Chase has missed 4 games total with Burrow. Tee missed 4 his first 3 years with Burrow and only a couple this year. Boyd missed 3 games total with Burrow. In the first 3 years, Cincy was amazingly healthy with their offensive talent. I'd have to make up shit to meet that standard. I like Joe a lot but having healthy top tier WRs makes him a better QB, just like all the rest.

Merrith

Chase has missed 4 games total with Burrow. Tee missed 4 his first 3 years with Burrow and only a couple this year. Boyd missed 3 games total with Burrow. In the first 3 years, Cincy was amazingly healthy with their offensive talent. I'd have to make up shit to meet that standard. I like Joe a lot but having healthy top tier WRs makes him a better QB, just like all the rest.

As a fantasy owner, Tee has missed more than this, by the sounds of it. Or at least been in and out of a lot more games than that due to injury.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
As a fantasy owner, Tee has missed more than this, by the sounds of it. Or at least been in and out of a lot more games than that due to injury.

ESPN and NFL.com have 16, 14, 16 for 2020, 2021, 2022. So it was 3 since they only played 16 games last year. My bad.

Merrith

ESPN and NFL.com have 16, 14, 16 for 2020, 2021, 2022. So it was 3 since they only played 16 games last year. My bad.

Just reading his injury history seeing stuff like "aggravated X in first quarter of game, ruled out rest of game" etc. Dude has been very "banged up" multiple times each of the last few years where although he's gotten credit for a game played, he hasn't been available for anywhere near 100% of the snaps in quite a few games where he was active.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The Chargers Curse couldn't happen to a nicer Harbaugh. Urlithani Urlithani , did you see where we lost Fangio? FUCK!!! Team going backwards fast.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user