2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

Dak acknowledges they indeed had a relationship and that "consensual actions" occurred. The timing of it all is pretty weird since this occurred like 7 years ago which is I guess long enough she can't sue him but can still report it to the police.
I thought Dak's suit was preemptive to her possible lawsuit since she sent a demand letter essentially threatening a lawsuit if he didn't comply. She has not reported anything to the police but I don't know if it's beyond the statute of limitations.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Her threat was to report it to the police, make it all public not take him to court. He opted to take her to court and basically say go ahead report it.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Her threat was to report it to the police, make it all public not take him to court. He opted to take her to court and basically say go ahead report it.
You're right, the article I read earlier didn't have the quote about the expiration.

If indeed her civil court actions are expired I don't see how this isn't extortion. Of course, that claim is from Dak's lawsuit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If indeed her civil court actions are expired I don't see how this isn't extortion. Of course, that claim is from Dak's lawsuit.
Civil statute of limitations in Texas for personal injury (which is the only category I see sexual assault falling under) is 2 years, criminal limitation for sexual assault is 10 years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

wELL THIS PUTS
Pats resigned owenu(oline)
Signed qb brisset for a year
Cut wr devante parker
reSigned wr Kendrick bourne

Still need a true stud #1wr.
MAYBE take say worthy if he is still there in round 2 or another of the better wrs in the draft.

The Brisset signing is a nice signing. Say what you want, he is a professional to say the least. When the Pats draft the QB in a few weeks, Brisset is not a bad role model to have just there.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yes, but I think NFL teams are still expecting to get pocket passer life expectancy out of QBs who are meant to last at most 5 years. These kind of QBs should be put through the ringer with running the ball, just like running backs. We've seen these quarterbacks see a lot of success in the systems that are designed for them, Colin SackOrPick was a good example of this.

The problem that pops up (besides potential injury) is that teams are like "well hey, this guy is showing us a lot of success, let's have him run less, and see if we can stretch him out a few more years" and then we see a decline in performance because forcing them to be a pocket passer isn't playing to their strengths.

Imagine if teams kept cycling through QBs who are like Russell Wilson in their prime every few years, and not try to keep a single QB on the team for 10 years and force them be a pocket passer. It becomes less forcing a square peg through a round hole, and there's a larger supply of those QBs coming out of college, more-so than reliable pocket passers.

It would have to start with changing the perspective and expectations of NFL team management because the reliable pocket passer scarcity isn't going to be fixed anytime soon.

They will never do that because of the money tied to the top tier QBs. It's no longer about a team sport but about the 'personalities'. That's why there was so much hoopla about Taylor Swift. She's a personality. She brings money to everything she touches. They don't give a shit about good product. About the game.

The game today is basically rigged towards offenses. Thus, it has to be rigged towards the QBs who run those offenses. That gives greater power to incredible dudes like Mahomes and unbalances the game tbh. No one ever wants to admit this truth but it's the truth. The game would be many times better if they allowed DEs to crush QBs again. To make QBs fear to run. To bring a counter to the primary thing that has unbalanced the game. Towards specific results which helps the refs call games the right way. This is a catch today damn it! And that was not a foul because we didn't blow the whistle. Yes, it's ten yards for touching the QBs helmet after the pass!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>

potentially interesting
If that is true I hope they do repeat. That's a man that wants to win. And how am I kidding, it's not like my Panthers are going to do anything except watch the SB on TV next year just like me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
To be clear, he's not giving up a cent. Just moving around when he gets it to help the salary cap for next year. Aaron Rodgers actually took a $33M pay cut.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
They aren’t going to consensually fuck you
I’m not the one that responded to someone stating we should imprison people when they lie about rape with “hurr durr you’re saying we should punish rape victims”. Your ability to white knight even the worst of society would be funny if it weren’t so pathetic.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I’m not the one that responded to someone stating we should imprison people when they lie about rape with “hurr durr you’re saying we should punish rape victims”. Your ability to white knight even the worst of society would be funny if it weren’t so pathetic.
Thanks for confirming your room temperature IQ, fitting for the NFL thread.

• 1Pathetic