2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Butker should have been MVP. Hell, he scored 52% of the Chiefs points. Patty Mahomes was mediocre at best and definitely should not have been named MVP. The last non-QB to win was Von Miller back in SB 50? I wish they used better criteria other than, team that won, QB gets it. Butker definitely deserved it more than Mahomes.
La Rams What GIF by Los Angeles Rams

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Mahomes was not mediocre at best. He had one godawful mistake. 99.3 rating, 75.8 QBR, with the game tying and winning drives. 74% completion, 333 yards passing and 66 yards running. It's kind of weird to think a 400 yard performance is medicore.

Butker had one record setting kick and three gimmes. Butker is a stud but he was not the MVP. Honestly, it should be the defense as a total unit but no one really stood out enough to get it. The reality is that any most valuable reward is going to be biased toward the most valuable position.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
if the 49ers hadn't choked we'd have CMC as MVP but no the script said otherwise

• 1Worf

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
One touchdown in regulation that only resulted from a muffed punt that put the ball on the 16 yard line.

Forgive me, stellar MVP performance.

DickTrickle

One touchdown in regulation that only resulted from a muffed punt that put the ball on the 16 yard line.

Forgive me, stellar MVP performance.
Yeah, take away Butker's best play and those three sub 30 yard field goals were really other worldly, never to be replicated.. No one's saying it's the best MVP performance in a Super Bowl but for that game, for the winner, I don't think there was any better choice.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Yeah but how many people changed the channel during halftime?
Doesn't matter. NFL got its ratings number. Expect to see every Chiefs game on primetime with Taylor Swift doing pre and post-game interviews.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Yeah but how many people changed the channel during halftime?

Im sure some did, many probably only tuned in for half-time as well. The article mentioned the payoffs overall were up 10% and the regular season was the second most watched since 1995. The NFL has done a good job brining in a constant supply of new viewers, as someone who works in marketing it would be interesting seeing the behind the scenes of their strategy.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

In the late 1980s, when Riley’s Lakers were closing in on a third straight NBA crown, Riley secured trademark protection for the phrase. He has since cashed in when, for example, the Chicago Bulls won three championships in a row, twice.

Chiefs just got themselves a new fan

DickTrickle

He was the best player on the field
Karlaftis was nearly as effective as Jones; it's not like Jones was being double teamed every play, either. McDuffie had three key passes deflected. The defense as a whole was the reason why they hung around when the offense was stagnating but no one player really stood out above the others.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I didn’t see much pressure on Purdy at all unless there was a blitz. Mahomes was under much more pressure all night, and usually just rushing 4.

• 1Like