2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
There's really no way to see who's who in that video but it was safe to assume Cam was the one in the giant stupid hat.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dunno how late I am to the party but this guy's channel is fucking gold. Some great, rustling, memories here.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Intentional grounding fouls are way up (59 in 2023) and take a long time to administrate. There should be a rule change proposal aimed at reducing fouls and protecting QBs.

evidently the change they are gonna propose will be to make no distinction between the quarterback being in the pocket or out of the pocket as there is now. So the QB will only have to get the ball back to the line of scrimmage to avoid a grounding penalty. Big ass fucking lame as fuck change if it passes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider

evidently the change they are gonna propose will be to make no distinction between the quarterback being in the pocket or out of the pocket as there is now. So the QB will only have to get the ball back to the line of scrimmage to avoid a grounding penalty. Big ass fucking lame as fuck change if it passes.
Dumb. If anything, there should be way more grounding penalties. Just make the QBs wear a red jersey and a flag at this point.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The reasoning for not addressing the fumble touchback is dumb. Most fumbles are from poor techniques. The issue is that the touchback fumble is way more punitive for no great reason. It being rare shouldn't matter, either.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I feel like intentional grounding was finally called as often as it should be this past season.

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Dumb. If anything, there should be way more grounding penalties. Just make the QBs wear a red jersey and a flag at this point.
We're also banning another type of tackle. I could definitely foresee a flag situation within 10 years, especially if one of their "darlings" like Mahomes gets hurt.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We're also banning another type of tackle. I could definitely foresee a flag situation within 10 years, especially if one of their "darlings" like Mahomes gets hurt.

Does Dak make that elite list?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Does Dak make that elite list?
Amazon Prime Video GIF by NFL On Prime

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
I feel like intentional grounding was finally called as often as it should be this past season.
I feel like they don't look as closely at the ball making it back to the line of scrimmage as they should. I think they're also a bit generous at times with the eligible receiver in the area rule. Conversely, I also recall a few plays this year where they called it on what appeared to be a miscommunication between the wr/qb where there wasn't really any pressure. Overall, I don't think there really needed to be a change other than maybe making it a reviewable call.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I feel like they don't look as closely at the ball making it back to the line of scrimmage as they should. I think they're also a bit generous at times with the eligible receiver in the area rule. Conversely, I also recall a few plays this year where they called it on what appeared to be a miscommunication between the wr/qb where there wasn't really any pressure. Overall, I don't think there really needed to be a change other than maybe making it a reviewable call.
On the surface I like that they're making no distinction between in the pocket and out of the pocket .... but I want it to go the other way. Intentional grounding no matter where you are in the backfield. It's sort of a bullshit penalty right now anyway. It's the same as a sack except no one gets credit for it. So if you're going down anyway, just fucking ground it. You admit the defense won that play and take your painless sack like a fucking pussy. If anything changes it should be to give the closest defensive player credit for the sack.

What would be really fun is if It carried a loss of yardage or was considered a live ball until the second bounce.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Other than a few really bad versions of it. I remember Josh Allen getting flagged where it was clearly an option route for his receiver, and they just had different ideas about whether he should continue the deeper option or cut the route off. He wasn't even directly under pressure.

• 1Like