2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Other than a few really bad versions of it. I remember Josh Allen getting flagged where it was clearly an option route for his receiver, and they just had different ideas about whether he should continue the deeper option or cut the route off. He wasn't even directly under pressure.
Yeah, I don't know if "under pressure" is an official part of the rule. It seems like it isn't, but it should be.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
fr2BR0N.jpg

• 1WTF
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck was that in answer to?

"What did you have for breakfast?"

Who gives a damn what the court jesters think about space? Entertain us!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I don't know if "under pressure" is an official part of the rule. It seems like it isn't, but it should be.

Just the whole idea of the intent of the rule vs how it gets called on the field sometimes. Hell I've seen flags when it looked like QB's arm gets affected by hit he's taking as he throws it. Of course some of those won't end up in the vicinity of a receiver or make it back to line of scrimmage when he's getting his bells rocked as his arm is coming forward.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Get rid of another pre-season game, add another bye week, with Thursday games only played after the bye.

That would be a net positive for fans (they don't get charged full price tickets for the preseason game), players (no short weeks), and the broadcasters (a 19th week of full advertising rate games, vs the piecemeal preseason rates).

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Is that why the cap went up so much ?
Salary caps are based on last year's revenue, so any additional ticket revenue or updated TV contracts with an 18th game wouldn't affect the cap until after those games start being played / contracts are redone.

And real talk, shouldn't signings for next year be in a 2024 (at least pre-season) thread?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Don't think we will get an 18th game till the next labor deal gets done, which I think is 2030?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
That's huge for Baker. Evans is totally that bailout kind of guy that every QB loves. I honestly think he's kind of underrated. He gets talked about some but not really that often in the top echelon of receivers but his production over his entire career has been pretty outstanding, especially considering he's not always had the best QBs.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I think the best way to handle this, which will never happen, is to add a bye week and give every team 2 weeks off in the middle of the season. Of course this would essentially negate the extra money they are getting with these extra games, so again, it won't happen.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Bucs still haven't worked out a deal with Baker yet, Evans staying put should help that

Fadaar

That guy
Penance Penance and Fadaar Fadaar ready for that 3rd ring woth Baker

Baker Mayfield

Brad Johnson

Tom Brady

one of these things is not like the other

tbh i expect another playoff loss next season. atlanta will be legit if they can get a real qb.

That's huge for Baker. Evans is totally that bailout kind of guy that every QB loves. I honestly think he's kind of underrated. He gets talked about some but not really that often in the top echelon of receivers but his production over his entire career has been pretty outstanding, especially considering he's not always had the best QBs.

1000+ yards every season going back to the mother fuckin Josh McCown days. He's a WR that makes any QB better.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If tampa had a reasonable oline I feel baker could do things.

We're still looking good in the division