2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Worst trade and signing in NFL history?

I still think Brock Osweiler was worse. Sure the money wasn't as much, but they had to give up fuckin draft picks to get rid of him. Then the texans traded up with the browns to pick up Deshone Watson.

el oh el

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
IIRC, the Broncos are already $27 Mil over the cap before another $50 Mil would accelerate onto it (as Russell has an existing $35 Mil cap hit for 2024), so they'll likely have to get rid of pieces they would like to keep now on top of the trades they gave up for him.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Russell likely has offset language in his Broncos contract, meaning if Team X now offers him $Y Million for this season, the Broncos would not have to pay him the equivalent amount, though that has no impact on the Broncos' cap numbers.

The assumption is he'll therefore play for the veteran minimum ($1.2 Mil) for his new team, which is cheap enough that he'll certainly be on a roster, probably as the day one starter.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
That's insane for that amount of dead money. He could still play even if he wasn't near his peak. Payton must have hated him.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Would be kinda funny if the raiders pick him up. Steelers were the favorites a few weeks ago but that just doesn't seem like something they would actually do.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There must be some financial jujutsu that will get them out from under most of that otherwise I have to assume you just say fuck it and keep him around.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'd take Russell in a heartbeat. The Pats take Harrison or trade down if the offer is right.

• 1Like

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
If I'm the Raiders, I'm scrapping this trade for Justin Fields idea and signing Wilson to a one year prove-it deal for the vet minimum. I really don't believe he's that washed up. If I'm wrong, they're well positioned to draft the qb of the future in next year's draft.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He’s gonna be a Giant, and then they can bury the Daniel Jones contract and not have to start him.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
imo pats sign should flacco or maybe brissett to a 2- 3 yr deal or MAYBE trade for Fields for like a 3rd rounder next year, draft harrison/receiver round 1, rounds 2 and 3 get O-line, rest not sure ofmix of whatever best fills the need the patriots have about 90-100 million in cap space with the release of the cb the other day. look for a rookie QB next year. MAYBE keep jones and give him a learning opportunity to recover his career year 4 of contract and see what happens.

other route has pats doing the rookie qb at 3., then best receiver avail round 2 o-line help round 3 . sign best o-line free agents avail.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Bucs can sign Wilson and win their Division again. Not sure why they woudl want to just be middling and not reset but hey they have 2 more Superbowl wins than the Bills so I should shut up.

Basically whatever team doesnt get COusins can have Wilson for free. worth a risk.

Redskins should sign him just for the LOLS

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Im mean, im out of the loop. Besides the Lets Ride meme shit and shitty coaching, what happened to make Russ so hated?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Baker Mayfield

Brad Johnson

Tom Brady

one of these things is not like the other

tbh i expect another playoff loss next season. atlanta will be legit if they can get a real qb.

1000+ yards every season going back to the mother fuckin Josh McCown days. He's a WR that makes any QB better.

Dude is so underrated - hes going to end up top 5 in every stat pretty much and people still act like Julio was better. Evans has had, what, 3 years of GOOD QB play in his career and is an all timer. Imagine if he would have had a decade of Matt Ryan or Matt Stafford.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Bucs can sign Wilson and win their Division again. Not sure why they woudl want to just be middling and not reset but hey they have 2 more Superbowl wins than the Bills so I should shut up.

Basically whatever team doesnt get COusins can have Wilson for free. worth a risk.

Redskins should sign him just for the LOLS
I'm not sure I see that Wilson is a better option than Mayfield. I mean, maybe he's asking for a crazy amount of money, but he's much younger and he showed some pretty good success last year with an offensive line that wasn't that good. I don't think Wilson is going to come there and play better.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Keep in mind, teams could easily get a league minimum Wilson at less than half a percent of their 2024 salary cap to start AND draft a QB to start later this year / next year.

That said, given how little Wilson will be costing his suitors this year though, I see no reason why he would throw himself behind a terrible O-line, and suspect he'll actually be pretty picky on who he signs with.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Wilson was at his best running around extending plays. It works with specific players and teams.

I think he's lost a step.

Two teams have already moved on.

Can he be good enough on the right team? Well there aren't even 30 good enough QBs in the world so why not.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users