2024-2025 NFL Season - Dak Prescott's MVP Tour Part 2

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Because it's totally fair to compare a veteran journeyman to a rookie who was drafted by a dumpster fire like Carolina. Also the reason Jamarcus Russell is considered the biggest draft bust ever isn't just due to how bad he looked with the Raiders but because he was a lazy fatass who was always high on codeine syrup and couldn't convince any other team to give him a chance. I'd argue Bryce doesn't look as bad as Zach Wilson did.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Because it's totally fair to compare a veteran journeyman to a rookie who was drafted by a dumpster fire like Carolina. Also the reason Jamarcus Russell is considered the biggest draft bust ever isn't just due to how bad he looked with the Raiders but because he was a lazy fatass who was always high on codeine syrup and couldn't convince any other team to give him a chance. I'd argue Bryce doesn't look as bad as Zach Wilson did.

Bryce ain't gonna fuck you bro.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

I know being the contrarian is your thing. But the Panthers went from being an all time bad offense to putting up one of the highest scoring performances in this young season by swapping out one player.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think they did but if they had any inkling of trading him in season, that just went up in smoke and getting any value what so ever

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know being the contrarian is your thing. But the Panthers went from being an all time bad offense to putting up one of the highest scoring performances in this young season by swapping out one player.
I'm not saying another franchise would turn him into a Hall of Famer, god knows most Heisman winners never amount to much. But if the Bears had drafted Mahomes instead of Trubisky, who knows if anybody would even know Mahomes name. Another franchise might be able to turn him into a competent starter though, or at least a solid backup.

Honestly I'm kind of surprised more players don't refuse to play for teams with high picks in the draft since they usually have those picks for a reason. I know most draftees don't have that kind of leverage and an NFL salary is a lot of money whether it's a trainwreck franchise or not, but there are usually 2-4 teams that are just the kiss of death and Carolina is one of them right now.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm not saying another franchise would turn him into a Hall of Famer, god knows most Heisman winners never amount to much. But if the Bears had drafted Mahomes instead of Trubisky, who knows if anybody would even know Mahomes name. Another franchise might be able to turn him into a competent starter though, or at least a solid backup.

Honestly I'm kind of surprised more players don't refuse to play for teams with high picks in the draft since they usually have those picks for a reason. I know most draftees don't have that kind of leverage and an NFL salary is a lot of money whether it's a trainwreck franchise or not, but there are usually 2-4 teams that are just the kiss of death and Carolina is one of them right now.

On your first paragraph, fair enough. Sam Darnold is proving quite a lot of that point right now.

But franchises don't stay the same forever. Chiefs were terrible for a long time. Patriots were one of the worst franchises to ever exist until a little over 20 years ago. Even franchises with a ton of historical success go through long periods of impotence like the 2000s 49ers. And Carolina came close with Cam.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Pretty sure people would still know his name. Would he have 3 Super Bowls? Probably not. Situation plays a lot into success. If Brady didn't have those early Belichick defenses, he would have never had the level of success he did (had great D's there later, too, but obviously he developed as a player himself along the way). He also went to a stacked Tampa team who had crushed 3 or so drafts in a row with great installed weapons which they added to with not-quite-crazy-yet AB, Gronk, and Fournette.

People joke about Rodgers having only one ring, yet not a single person is surprised in the slightest that McCarthy has failed to change Dallas' playoff fortunes since he got there.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
There should be a plan in place that the team explains to those players and if they aren't drafting some top talent to throw to or getting great FAs, those players should look at the Eli/Elway option. Really hard to know beforehand but both of those players benefitted from saying fuck you to those teams.

We are talking about bad picks while the top contracts going out this past year brought a lot of 1-2 records so far this season. Sounds like more than just bad picks by these moron GMs. I know that beating the Cowboys is an amazing feat, but when will Predator actually win anything but MVP awards? I love Burrow but he's made of glass, and they suck so far. Arizona is terrible and so are the previously mentioned Cowboys. We have tons of Watsons out there milking contracts as Sam Darnold and Justin Fields are 3-0. Maybe, just maybe, the media is wrong about everything in football just like they are in everything else. Build a great team, and you don't need Mahomes...because there's only one guy like that out there. Only one guy like that and the only one that should be getting those 50+ contracts.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
But franchises don't stay the same forever. Chiefs were terrible for a long time. Patriots were one of the worst franchises to ever exist until a little over 20 years ago. Even franchises with a ton of historical success go through long periods of impotence like the 2000s 49ers. And Carolina came close with Cam.
That's why I said right now. and going at 199th Brady is a great example of having zero leverage.

Eli Manning was the #1 pick in 2004 and told the Chargers to go pound sand. Philip Rivers made it to the conference championship just once during his 16 years with the Chargers, during that time Manning got two Super Bowl rings with the Giants and might end up being the worst first ballot hall of famer ever.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Carolina actually came closer the 1st time they went to the superbowl, they lost but only by a field goal to the Brady Pats. Cam never could get going when he was in the SB. Denver shut his ass down hard.

Problem now is they probably will trade Young, and take crap for it , and they gave up everything to get him. So more years of shit games / shit records.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
With these QBs coming out with an already large ass bank account we likely will start seeing them refusing to play where they are drafted, pretty sure we were close to seeing Caleb do it this year

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cam never could get going
Well there's that whole spineless coward thing too.

giphy.gif

• 1Truth!

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
He took the Panthers to 15-1 their best record. Until his 1 trick pony style was figured out he was one of the best QB's in the league. That said I HATED him. He was a sore loser , and worse a sore winner. On the side lines 'dabbing' with the offence while the game was still under play, yeah fuck that din du. He told Denver if they wanted him to shut up they had to shut him up. I was actually happy to see him shut down. Fuck him.