2024-2025 NFL Season - Dak Prescott's MVP Tour Part 2

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don't get it. There has to be somebody somewhere in the league who would have offered more than a 6th just to see how much of the problem was Fields and how much of the problem was the Bears franchise. It's almost certainly going to stay a 6th too no matter how bad Wilson plays if the way they kept an over the hill Roethlisberger playing is any indication. I think the Steelers got a better deal for Pickett and he was hot garbage, Fields at least had occasional moments that hinted there might be a better QB somewhere in there.
Yeah, 100%. I think they fucked up because they waited too long. If they had moved him before all these other QB trades and signings I have to believe they could have gotten more. I wonder if they were asking too much until they realized they were out of buyers.

Pretty astute move by the Steelers, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Total steal when he leads the Cowboys to the SB in 2025

• 1Truth!

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, 100%. I think they fucked up because they waited too long. If they had moved him before all these other QB trades and signings I have to believe they could have gotten more. I wonder if they were asking too much until they realized they were out of buyers.

Pretty astute move by the Steelers, though.

maybe the delusional lunatics thought they could get Wilson for a vet minimum, draft primadonna Williams at first overall and have him sit for a year or so "learning" from Wilson. Now they just draft Caleb, throw him out there and let the nature take care of the rest.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Maybe with this latest news they will?

Just saw this. Holy shit the Bears screwed the pooch on that one. They waited way to long to trade him especially since they knew from the jump they were drafting a QB. Fuck. Soon as the season ended I would have put the word out.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I just looked at Caleb Williams footage for about 20 minutes. He's legit huh? I honestly didn't know he was that...accurate and consistent.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Supposedly the Bears had a better offer, but chose to give Fields the best opportunity to compete. Who knows if it's true or not, but players remember that while negotiating contracts and when going after free agents.

Ok the linking isn't working but just google bleacherreport justin-fields-trade-rumors-unknown-team-made-better-offer-to-bears-than-steelers-did

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Fields is also due a new contract after this season, which is not necessarily the case for everyone else being traded.

Between the Bears starting from scratch, the Vikings fielding the all cast-off team, and the Packers newish and relying on Josh Jacobs to stay healthy, the Lions must be pretty happy with their chances for this year.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Packers and Lions will battle for the NFCN crown until the last week or two of the season.

• 1Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Vikings roster isn't bad at all. Assuming Aaron Jones can actually stay healthy for them, their pass catcher group with JJ, Hockenson, and Addison is pretty nasty. The fact they picked up another 1st makes it extremely obvious they're going to attempt to package picks 11 and 23 overall to move up higher to draft a QB they like. Whether or not that happens, who knows, but if they somehow did pick a competent passer, they might try to make some noise.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just looked at Caleb Williams footage for about 20 minutes. He's legit huh? I honestly didn't know he was that...accurate and consistent.
What would happen if he sucks and fields does well in Pittsburgh?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What would happen if he sucks and fields does well in Pittsburgh?

Then they're still the Bears we know and love. They already fucked up not getting more for Fields by waiting.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
So here is why the Redskins need to NOT DRAFT a QB at #2 and trade back. (FYI trading Sam Howell was the stupidest move they have made yet this year, but trust me it will not be the last one)

Super Bowl-winning quarterbacks who were taken with the #2 pick in the NFL Draft.
  1. Eli Manning: Eli was selected as the #2 pick in the 2004 NFL Draft by the San Diego Chargers (although he was later traded to the New York Giants). Eli Manning achieved Super Bowl glory twice, leading the Giants to victories in Super Bowls XLII and XLVI as the starting quarterback1.

So, in total, one quarterbacks taken with the #2 pick have won Super Bowls as starter. Stupid Ai said Peyton was taken #2 in 1998, but no he was number 1 and Ryan Leaf was #2 to San Diego.

Since no Quarterback named Eli Manning is in this draft, and the last QB they drafted at #2 cost them 12 years of being shit... Trade back or take an O Tackle. But again this new ownership group is about to be as dumb as the last one and take a QB with no offensive line again, and will destroy another player setting the team back again for 10+ years.

• 1I Came

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So here is why the Redskins need to NOT DRAFT a QB at #2 and trade back. (FYI trading Sam Howell was the stupidest move they have made yet this year, but trust me it will not be the last one)

Super Bowl-winning quarterbacks who were taken with the #2 pick in the NFL Draft.
  1. Eli Manning: Eli was selected as the #2 pick in the 2004 NFL Draft by the San Diego Chargers (although he was later traded to the New York Giants). Eli Manning achieved Super Bowl glory twice, leading the Giants to victories in Super Bowls XLII and XLVI as the starting quarterback1.

So, in total, one quarterbacks taken with the #2 pick have won Super Bowls as starter. Stupid Ai said Peyton was taken #2 in 1998, but no he was number 1 and Ryan Leaf was #2 to San Diego.

Since no Quarterback named Eli Manning is in this draft, and the last QB they drafted at #2 cost them 12 years of being shit... Trade back or take an O Tackle. But again this new ownership group is about to be as dumb as the last one and take a QB with no offensive line again, and will destroy another player setting the team back again for 10+ years.
Hard to tell where to start with all this aside from Eli being drafted #1.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Yeah... That's some voodoo logic you're applying here man. You're telling me to PASS on a QB because the Farmers Almanac says the number two QB pick has only worked out once to win a Super Bowl?

giphy.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider

I feel like even if Eli did go #2 overall, this isn't a great argument since QB only recently had such a huge positional value and every year will depend on the depth of the position and the hype around the prospects. If you were to look at the second qb taken in the draft, it's not too bad, you have Bob Griese, Jim McMahon, Phil Simms, and Mahomes as Super Bowl winners. Plus, just this last year, you had Stroud going #2 to Bryce Young's #1 overall.

I do think that supporting cast to a qb is vastly undervalued right now, so, I don't necessarily disagree with your overall point of trading down. It always seems there's always a guy out there that some team has given up on, like a Mayfield, that could benefit from a complete team around them.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Who knew that players that get drafted by systemically shit teams that are drafting near the top of the draft year after year end up failing.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I was initially against the Skins drafting a QB and was hopeful they'd trade back. However, I like the moves they've been making (though I'll miss Sam Howell), and I'm willing to give the new regime the benefit of the doubt.

We'll see if the history of incompetence continues based on how they spend their other 8 picks.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard