Molten Core Raider
Did you forget someone?

sexy_20rexy_20front.jpg
One of my favorite articles ever written

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Isn't the hip drop tackle basically the seahawk tackle from a few years ago that they started teaching to everyone because it was safer and more reliable?
The problem is when they come down on their legs. If they just land their butt on the field I don't think it's really much of a problem.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The problem is when they come down on their legs. If they just land their butt on the field I don't think it's really much of a problem.

Maybe I need to see some comparison videos but it seems like there's a thin line between the 'safety' and 'crippling' version of that tackle. I'm more worried about the fucking WWF back suplex tackle. I guess we need to get some necks broken before the NFL will decide to look at that.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To tackle now means you have to lift the player up and cradle them in your arms, then gently set them down on the turf, or better yet, carry them to their team's bench. You are not allowed to put any of your body weight on them at any point. New scoring records for everyone!
What is the point of all those deadlifts if they never actually lift?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
To tackle now means you have to lift the player up and cradle them in your arms, then gently set them down on the turf, or better yet, carry them to their team's bench. You are not allowed to put any of your body weight on them at any point. New scoring records for everyone!
ironically, for all the tackles guys miss or let players free after some contact if a D player just lifted a guy in the air, his forward progress would stop.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I love the disrespect. Even though the Raiders have been dysfunctional and great at achieving nothing much in recent memory, they haven't been bottom of the division since at least before 2020 and in fact have come in 2nd 3 of the last 4 years even with all the shit that is constantly happening to us. Compared to the Chargers who every year are chosen as the team to go to the SB and does absolutely fucking nothing, or the Broncos who the Raiders have been butt fucking every season for years now.
Blow me pirate boy !

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Wonder how much he is gettin paid, they've been working on it for awhile now

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Gotta love that they openly admit it will be hard to get it right.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
A change that might actually help defenses? Unpossible.

Actually the opposite. They were trying to push this shit even in POP Warner when my son played a few years back. You facing a guy that you have no chance of bringing down? You use your body weight to drag him down. Explain to me how this works when coming from behind for a tackle?

I played football instinctually in college. If I had to THINK about HOW I was going to tackle that RB coming at me? Or try to change the tackle so I don't put my body weight on his legs? That's no help for the defense.

Sterling Sterling I thought you were quoting the hip-drop. My bad man.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
So are they supposed to somehow get them to the ground without using their body weight? Watching those I have a hard time imagining how the legal versions of those tackles would look.

• 1Like