3 Body Problem

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
3.75 star(s) Rating: 3.75/5 4 Votes
Title: 3 Body Problem

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Cast: Benedict Wong, Tsai Chin, John Bradley, Liam Cunningham, Jovan Adepo, Eiza González, Jess Hong, Marlo Kelly, Alex Sharp, Sea Shimooka, Sammer Usmani

Overview: The story of humanity's first contact with an alien civilization inspired by Liu Cixin's renowned novel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
i'm honestly surprised it wasn't cancelled given D&D behind it and the author/setting being heavily Chinese focused in the first book

the books start off SUPER SLOW and honestly extremely boring, its not really till the end of the first book and the latter books where it gets nuts and amazing. It'll be interesting to see how TV adapts it. There is absolutely no way D&D won't want to go in at full octane from the beginning and have twists and cliffhangers every episode, they desperately need to recreate early Game of Thrones magic.

also Amazon had originally funded this I coulda sworn, I wonder what happened

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
lol apparently Rian Johnson (Last Jedi) is also involved

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I was going to say they might do Okay, since they can apparently adapt things just fine but cannot create their own material. Then Rian entered the ring. This is going to be a steaming turd.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I like Rian Johnson aside from The Last Jedi, and was looking forward to this. But I didn't know those two were attached. Yikes. Well, maybe when they reboot in 18 months they can get it right then.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I like Rian Johnson aside from The Last Jedi, and was looking forward to this. But I didn't know those two were attached. Yikes. Well, maybe when they reboot in 18 months they can get it right then.
giphy.gif

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
D&D and Rian Johnson are getting a lot of hate here, but lets not forgot that Alexander Woo is responsible for season 2 of 'The Terror'

D&D don't have a very good track record with handling themes and subtext which these novels are full of. I mean will they just make Westernize the shit out of it? Cut out all the Chinese cultural revolution shit? Just take the SJW blowback in stride? Or do they actually try to do a faithful adaption?

The books are pretty plot/concept driven, the characters are pretty bland exposition machines. There's no 'Tyrion' for the audience to fall in love with. It's more a high concept story, which seems like an odd choice since D&D basically shied away as much as they possibly could from every single high concept/magical idea in ASOIAF. I'm betting this will end up a loose adaption with a diverse cast full of witty wise cracking characters that hits all the 'oh fuck' moments in the books and pretty much ignores or changes all the subtext and themes of the books.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Brick and Looper were good, Knives Out and The Brothers Bloom weren't memorable but weren't bad. I honestly can't even remember The Brothers Bloom other than it exists and I saw it once and didn't vomit.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Brick and Looper were good, Knives Out and The Brothers Bloom weren't memorable but weren't bad. I honestly can't even remember The Brothers Bloom other than it exists and I saw it once and didn't vomit.
Ok Brick and Looper were good. But after SWs and the anti white SJW trash of Knives Out Johnson can eat my asshole.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I didnt think the book was a great read but just ok. Something was lost in translation.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It's not well written, "well written" here not referring to the plot which is badass but to the way he writes it, but I think it's a cultural thing. Where a western writer would fuck around with metaphors for 14 books he just had the characters discuss complex moral issues plainly. I love that kind of shit, but I doubt it will translate well. They'll turn it into an action series.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I didnt think the book was a great read but just ok. Something was lost in translation.
It's not well written, "well written" here not referring to the plot which is badass but to the way he writes it, but I think it's a cultural thing. Where a western writer would fuck around with metaphors for 14 books he just had the characters discuss complex moral issues plainly. I love that kind of shit, but I doubt it will translate well. They'll turn it into an action series.

Definitely. Too the whole first book to get used to it, but once I was into 2 the plot had me and I didn't even notice the shitty translation anymore

TV show information provided by The Movie Database