690 or 7990 or Titian

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I kinda compare it to wearing 3D glasses for watching a movie. It annoys the hell out of some people who don't like wearing glasses, and other people don't notice it at all after a few minutes.

You are still focsued on the middle, primary monitor. You're just using the side monitors for mostly peripheral vision really. You don't notice the screen edges much in a first-person shooter that is moving quickly, and you're always going to be shooting and focused on what is in the middle monitor. It's a little more noticable in a slower paced game like an RPG or something like Diablo 3 were you can actually be actively interacting with things on the other monitor, forcing you to focus on them.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
They have certain monitors which have thin bezels. Also, you start to not notice the bezels after a while playing. I know its weird but you do. also it lets you play the game seeing more of the world around you , which is muc more critical in a shooter, but handy in other games as well.

First shot is a single monitor and FOV you get...

Now the second which shows the FOV of 3 monitors and where the bezels would be...

As you can clearly see there is just no comparison between the FOV of single monitor VS 3+ monitors. Its like playing an entirely different game. Its much more immersive, more lifelike, and obviously would give you some advantages in games like shooters.

Edit: Some games do not support this feature, though. But most modern games are starting to adopt it.
120 fov bro

68674-fov120.jpg

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well got notifaction that the titians are back in stock..Did some look up on the 7990 devil 13 6G. Its a power hungry loud SoB not that the 3 in my machine arent but at that rate I might as well get 2 x 7970 ghz 6g editions. 690 seems to be a beast but as some said just get 2 580s. I still leaning at the titian read some interesting veiws about frame draw lantency and a single gpu which is huge plus for well known reasons. Some good advice here has made me a bit gun shy on pulling the trigger.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I'd go for a multi-monitor setup if the drivers would allow gaming in a PLP setup (portrait-landscape-portrait).

Right now you gotta do some pretty shady stuff to get it to work and even then, not all games work. I'd love to throw 2 x 19" at the sides of my 27".

phS0eNZ.jpg

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I love the Titan personally, I got some for my scientific computing experiments, way cheaper than Teslas.

In terms of gaming. I agree with others, single card is always better than dual card(or dual cpu). It might work 90% of the time in SLI/Xfire, but when it doesn't work well with that one game you really want to play, you're stuck with a gimped single weaker card, and if you play a lot of PC games(which if you're blowing this kind of money, I hope you are), you're going to run into those issues again and again. That's my take.
Yeah Pc gaming is all I do pretty much I have an ps3 but doesn't get turned on until an uncharted game is released. The price doesn't really scare me it. Buying and re buying that pisses me off. Ie I get the 690 ir sli = 2 months later I am unboxing a titian this card purchase has got to be a 2 or 3 commit as was my trifire failed experiment. The titian just seems more forward thinking.

Crap there sold out again better shit or get off the pot

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
What's even funnier is that the dauntless one started calling it a titian as well. I was like "Did i miss out on a new rerolled meme or something?"