Title: A Quiet Place: Day One (2024)

Genre: Drama, Horror, Science Fiction

Director: Michael Sarnoski

Cast: Lupita Nyong'o, Joseph Quinn, Alex Wolff, Djimon Hounsou

Release: 2024-03-06

Plot: A prequel detailing the origin of the creatures in "A Quiet Place."

spronk

FPS noob

looks fine and something i'll watch at home but also completely pointless, doesn't look like its gonna reveal anything about the aliens themselves which is the only real mystery left

• 2Direct to DVD
Reactions: 1 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Have you seen our military lately? They would probably try to hump the aliens.

1707330415835.jpeg

• 4Worf
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 4 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Writer and Director from Pig is doing this as his second feature film. Just based on that I will keep an eye on it but it looks pretty far off from the point of A Quiet Place, turning it into a shlock alien invasion movie is eh.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I dunno, just seems odd a species with no tech could overrun the worlds militaries.

In the first film we get news clippings about an EMP crippling New York. Toasting the power grid is instant anarchy by itself and then you throw in aliens on top and that's that. The issue I have is making them invulnerable (again, newspaper clippings) is stupid and impairs the plot.

1707336820446.png

1707336846304.png

1707336918517.png

See? Stupid. Every guy in the audience is now thinking about how that doesn't make sense (physics exists) and how to solve that problem (park a diesel tank on each one). How about this instead. The power grid went down and before we could try and pick up the pieces the cities were on fire and then these monsters appeared and we couldn't fight them so we ran and that's how we got here. Done. What's happening out in the rest of the world? Are people alright? What happened with the military? We don't know. We get little hints sometimes of things but we just don't know. Adding some mystery lets the audience fill in those gaps with their own imagination while simultaneously subtracting exposition that is stupid. I'm not going to immediately try and problem solve military versus invulnerable monsters because we didn't set up that they're invulnerable and the military lost. Did we not try sonic weapons? If they're EMP generators did we try running them over with diesel tanks? Just park on top of one and call it a day. Can they swim? Now I'm not watching your movie I'm trying to fix a problem.

I'm probably not going to like this one as it looks like it's going to be a lot of invulnerable monsters rampaging about when we saw one in the first film have trouble in a corn silo and a pick up truck before going down to a speaker/microphone feedback combo and a pump shotgun.

The sequel I had an immediate problem with when our heroes leave the semi-wrecked farm with basically nothing to end up somewhere worse.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database