Ahsoka

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
perhaps this is pre mando and she hasnt gotten her owl yet?
no it's post mando. at least post mando season 2, because in season 2, she found morgan elsbeth and captured her. in the first episode baylan and shin are breaking her out of jail basically. i'm assuming she already had a trial and was convicted because the new republic shut all her businesses down. well, they thought they did, anyway.

also, the owl was following her around since the gods of mortis episode in clone wars. it wasn't in every scene, but sporadically you'd see the owl in the background. when she first is in the world between worlds in rebels with ezra, the owl is just hanging out there watching her.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
more than a few people have theorized that ahsoka is functionally immortal. back in that clone wars episode with the mortis gods, the daughter (the embodiment of the light side of the force) sacrificed herself to bring ahsoka back to life. and since then she's had an owl following her around. i haven't spotted it in this show yet, but it was there when she was introduced in the mandalorian. i don't think there's a clear answer, but i think the idea is that the owl is a part of the force that is just watching over her. a lot of people think that when the daughter sacrificed herself for ahsoka, she, more or less, took the daughter's place as the embodiment of the light side of the force.

then with anakin showing up... well, something wrong. he doesn't have the scar on his right eye, he's not a force ghost... back in the first episode when she's trying to figure out the nightsister puzzle, you can VERY faintly hear the son (which is voiced by sam witwer, could be one of the reasons he keeps showing up in the credits). when anakin shows up, vader's theme is playing. some people are thinking it's an alternate version of anakin where he's still vader, but won against his duel with obi-wan and was never maimed. maybe it's just a hallucination from ahsoka, and she's seeing anakin as she wants to.

but i don't think it's anakin. i think it's the son. and since ahsoka is basically the embodiment of the daughter, i think normal rules of getting into the world beyond worlds doesn't apply to them.

or maybe they're all just smoke from mortal kombat

Maybe its just shitty writing.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
As for why Ahsoka fell into the World Between Worlds, I would hope that it will be explained next episode, otherwise maybe she is just immortal now, since Esra pulled her from death once already, she is now forever connected to that place (or is it's Guardian, or some such). Queue Highlander music...there can be only one.
Pretty sure that younger version of Anakin is in the World Between Worlds in the past and he pulled an Ezra and saved Ahsoka by pulling her in.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Wow!

Cybsled

I do like Ray Stevenson’s character. Dude is a boss and was effectively overpowering Ashoka the whole time. He’s also pretty convincing in his arguments - doesn’t strike me as full dark side.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean thats really the crux of the issue here, right? She was "supposed to" get there. But why?

The plot as sketched out demanded for Sabine to get separated from Ahsoka, probably so they could have her meet with Ezra face to face for MUH FAN SERVICE. So they wrote a contrived fight scene that made no sense. Arent these people supposed to be experienced fighters and generals? They're the fucking "Rebels", right? Then some writers were like "OOOOH WE NEED A REUNION SCENE BETWEEN SNIPS AND SKYGUY BECAUSE MUH FAN SERVICE". How do they reunite Ahsoka with Anakin? This fake ass Star Wars purgatory.

The plot had promise, the character were interesting, but its all contrived bullshit that is built on a handful of shitty fan service plot points with nonsensical garbage filler in the middle to glue it all together.

But Ahsoka has been to this place before, not terribly surprising she'd end up back there, somehow. How do you think they could have written the fight scenes better to make them getting separated make more sense, etc?

Merrith

I do like Ray Stevenson’s character. Dude is a boss and was effectively overpowering Ashoka the whole time. He’s also pretty convincing in his arguments - doesn’t strike me as full dark side.

Definitely the wisest of every main character we've seen. Ahsoka still too whatever with Sabine and their history, easily taken off her game when Stevenson brought up Anakin and her past, as well. Nightsister chick is just too obsessed with Thrawn.

Stevenson pretty much running the whole show.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
But Ahsoka has been to this place before, not terribly surprising she'd end up back there, somehow. How do you think they could have written the fight scenes better to make them getting separated make more sense, etc?

From what I read, ending up in this place is like finding the Holy Grail because it gives you so much power. So it seems like it's actually much more unlikely to end up there if you were there once already, like hitting the Powerball twice.

As far as writing the scenes, I'm not sure how you can make them better because the scenes are dictated by a plot that seems to be written solely for the purpose of creating several OMG scenes for fans.

To make better scenes requires creating a better plot that makes sense and builds up Ahsoka as an actual character instead of just endless fan service for people who watched the cartoons.

For example, she is not explained as a character through first 4 episodes. There is virtually no exposition about her past or her history. There is no explanation of her history with Anakin. When they show him at end of E4, this scene is almost meaningless to anyone who hasn't seen the cartoons.

Cybsled

That is why if episode 5 ends up being a "recap of the adventures of Anakin and Ashoka", it will be pretty helpful in getting the audience caught up if they aren't familiar with Clone Wars or Rebels very much

Merrith

For example, she is not explained as a character through first 4 episodes. There is virtually no exposition about her past or her history. There is no explanation of her history with Anakin. When they show him at end of E4, this scene is almost meaningless to anyone who hasn't seen the cartoons.

As always, do the legwork.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
That is why if episode 5 ends up being a "recap of the adventures of Anakin and Ashoka", it will be pretty helpful in getting the audience caught up if they aren't familiar with Clone Wars or Rebels very much

So this Anakin scene is clearly meant to be an OMG moment for the fans. The fact that its filmed in the same way as their parting scene in the previous series, speaks to that.

It's pointless to have a recap in the next episode of why that scene is important because the scene's momentum and surprise is wasted.

The set up should have been somewhere in the first episode that briefly covers how important Anakin was to Ahsoka and why. This could have been 2-3 short flashbacks, or a conversation with Sabine or Huyang -- but some sort of exposition about that relationship was needed to make the end of E4 have meaning for people who didnt watch the cartoons.

j00t

Imagine criticizing a show for not giving the main character a backstory when there is literally 12 seasons of backstory available.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Imagine criticizing a show for not giving the main character a backstory when there is literally 12 seasons of backstory available.

Imagine demanding that people watch 12 seasons of a kids cartoon to understand 4 episodes of live action series for adults.

Anyways, she didn't need a whole backstory. What she needed was basic exposition to be able to put certain scenes in context.

I thought Star Wars and screenwriting was pretty simple, but it seems that it's very complicated and difficult for some people.

• 2Like

j00t

Imagine demanding that people watch 12 seasons of a kids cartoon to understand 4 episodes of live action series for adults.

Anyways, she didn't need a whole backstory. What she needed was basic exposition to be able to put certain scenes in context.

I thought Star Wars and screenwriting was pretty simple, but it seems that it's very complicated and difficult for some people.
Nothing she did needed context if you watched any of the otger shows she's in. You're being overly dramatic and saying they are FORCING you to watch 12 seasons instead of realizing that for everyone who is interested in ahsoka, we don't want more backstory, we don't want the show to spend precious time explaining who ahsoka and sabine are. We dont need it.

If you haven't watched any of the cartoons, that's fine, I havent watched any of rebels. But guess what, the show isnt for you. You can either move on with your day or piss and moan about how entitled you are, needing everyone to cater to you. How fortunate for us that youve decided to do the latter

Last edited:

j00t

This is season 1
come on now... this isn't even the first time rosario dawson has played ahsoka, much less how long the character has been around. ahsoka has been on tv for something like 16 years. i get that argument with something like the mandalorian, it was a new character surrounded by a bunch of new characters. that needed time to introduce everyone's motivation and backstory. ahsoka does not.

Fadaar

That guy
Nothing she did needed context if you watched any of the otger shows she's in. You're veing overly dramatic and saying they are FORCING you to watch 12 seasons instead of realizing that for everyone who is interested in ahsoka, we don't want more backstory, we don't want the show to spend precious time explaining who ahsoka and sabine are. We dont need it.

If you haven't watched any of the cartoons, that's fine, I havent watched any of rebels. But guess what, the show isnt for you. You can either move on with your day or piss and moan about how entitled you are, needing everyone to cater to you. How fortunate for us that youve decided to do the latter

I just kinda gave up on this thread. You know how people are gonna be.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Nothing she did needed context if you watched any of the otger shows she's in.
Lol what a fucking retard. What about all the people who didn't sit through the Saturday morning cartoons version of Star Wars and have no interest to do so?

You're being overly dramatic and saying they are FORCING you to watch 12 seasons

I never said thatp

instead of realizing that for everyone who is interested in ahsoka, we don't want more backstory, we don't want the show to spend precious time explaining who ahsoka and sabine are. We dont need it.

Who is "we"? You and the other 5 people who watched the cartoons? Most of people who watch Star Wars have no idea who she is. What "Precious time"? The 8 hours per season with as many seasons as you want? You're acting like you got a 90 minute feature film and 45 minute of it is spent on the backstory.

Really? The show isn't for a typical star wars fan or casual star wars watcher? Only those which watched the cartoons? That's very interesting.

Were the other SW D+ shows intended only for very specific or niche audiences? Because I could have sworn they were written for everyone. This is again the problem with Ahsoka's writing and the problem with you arguing that someone needs to have watched 12 seasons of shitty cartoons to understand this show, where 1 minute of basic exposition would have sufficed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
come on now... this isn't even the first time rosario dawson has played ahsoka, much less how long the character has been around. ahsoka has been on tv for something like 16 years. i get that argument with something like the mandalorian, it was a new character surrounded by a bunch of new characters. that needed time to introduce everyone's motivation and backstory. ahsoka does not.

"On TV for 16 years" = stuffed into Disney XD cable channel between episodes of Pokemon and Lizzie McGuire, on a cable channel kids network in the bowels of whatever cable package you pay for if you still had cable.

But sure, "on TV for 16 years"