Ahsoka

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I hope they don't just gloss over what happened after Ezra and Thrawn reached that planet or how Ezra escaped, need those flashbacks.

It kind of seems like they just avoided each other. Thrawn isn't really one for vengeance. Seems like he's been just trying to get shit together and plot with the Nightsisters.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It kind of seems like they just avoided each other. Thrawn isn't really one for vengeance. Seems like he's been just trying to get shit together and plot with the Nightsisters.
i wouldn't be surprised if thrawn DID try to search for ezra, but the wilds of peridia demolished his retinue of troopers. thrawn doesn't like being in debt so i get the impression that he only asks the nightsisters for help when he has no other choice, even though they seem to be all buddy buddy. i doubt we'll get much backstory on how they joined forces, at what point thrawn stopped looking for ezra, why he trusts mercenary jedi to look hunt ezra down, but not the nightsister magick... there are only 2 episodes left, but since this is sort of "act 1" of the heir to the empire arc filoni is doing, maybe we'll get more info down the line

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The Nightsisters are bringing back a lot of luggage... kinda wonder what it all is or if this is just so Filoni has plenty of Dathomiri 'stuff' to justify their continued role after supposedly being all killed off in Clone Wars. I suppose it could just be a lot of zombie bodies.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The Nightsisters are bringing back a lot of luggage... kinda wonder what it all is or if this is just so Filoni has plenty of Dathomiri 'stuff' to justify their continued role after supposedly being all killed off in Clone Wars. I suppose it could just be a lot of zombie bodies.
Isn't the next chapter, the Rey movie that KK is threatening everyone with?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Ahsoka is 5 years after Endor and thus ~10 years ABY. The Rey movie is 15 years after Rise of Skywalker so ~50+ ABY.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Dathomir stuff sounds interesting. Im tired of the only villains being Sith and some variation of The Empire. They constantly get beaten by The Good Guys so theyre not even interesting anymore

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

ahsoka - skeleton crew (2024) - mando s4 - ahsoka s2 (?) - filoni movie late 2026
ahsoka s2 hasn't been announced yet afaik, but was rumored to being worked on before the strike
rey movie was set for early 2026 release
also
dawn of jedi movie - most likely late 2027
andor 2 (2025)
acolyte show (maybe never)
lando
3 other movies are still up in the air

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
ahsoka - skeleton crew (2024) - mando s4 - ahsoka s2 (?) - filoni movie late 2026
ahsoka s2 hasn't been announced yet afaik, but was rumored to being worked on before the strike
rey movie was set for early 2026 release
also
dawn of jedi movie - most likely late 2027
andor 2 (2025)
acolyte show (maybe never)
lando
3 other movies are still up in the air
From what I've read/heard is that, before the strike, Mando season 4 would be next with the Thrawn movie following. Then Ahsoka season 2 afterwards.

spronk

FPS noob
i do wonder what non rebel watchers think of Thrawn, he comes across a bit lame in episode 6. He's not a evil, powerful villain like Vader or Palpatine, in Rebels he trained martial fighting daily with high level droids BUT any Jedi, Sith, Mandalorian, Nightsister, Inquisitor, and probably many bounty hunters would wipe the floor with him 1 v 1.

He's supposed to be a military genius, the Keyser Soze kinda guy who is always 3 steps ahead of everyone and whatever you are thinking of doing, he has already figured out all the counter moves long before you even start.

Which is hard to believe in the show so far, since a moron 20 year old without a lightsaber has evaded him for a decade on Planet Ninja Turtles. and he's like 20 miles from him. Tough beat for Thrawn.

I do hope they build him up somewhat, he needs to do something ruthless and unexpected and brutal to really capture that bad guy vibe. Right now he comes across more as Tobias Thrawn than menacing. Doesn't help he looks like he ate the missing Storm Troopers. No shots against the actor, I'm a dad bod too but c'mon can't you go get some training advice and HGH or shit from Hugh Jackman or Captain Picard, you're an actor not a schlub like us

1695403034516.png

small easter egg in the show, someone translated the Nightsister runes and it refers to Kujet, who was a Zeffo Sith (the alien guys who built all those temples) in Jedi Fallen Order/Survivor. Maybe they came from the Dathomiri Galaxy, i think there are hints in the games they were fleeing something too

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
He just looks like blue Elon musk. Can't get that shit out of my head. He seems kinda lame but I also didn't watch the cartoons.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
i do wonder what non rebel watchers think of Thrawn, he comes across a bit lame in episode 6. He's not a evil, powerful villain like Vader or Palpatine, in Rebels he trained martial fighting daily with high level droids BUT any Jedi, Sith, Mandalorian, Nightsister, Inquisitor, and probably many bounty hunters would wipe the floor with him 1 v 1.

He's supposed to be a military genius, the Keyser Soze kinda guy who is always 3 steps ahead of everyone and whatever you are thinking of doing, he has already figured out all the counter moves long before you even start.

Which is hard to believe in the show so far, since a moron 20 year old without a lightsaber has evaded him for a decade on Planet Ninja Turtles. and he's like 20 miles from him. Tough beat for Thrawn.

I do hope they build him up somewhat, he needs to do something ruthless and unexpected and brutal to really capture that bad guy vibe. Right now he comes across more as Tobias Thrawn than menacing. Doesn't help he looks like he ate the missing Storm Troopers. No shots against the actor, I'm a dad bod too but c'mon can't you go get some training advice and HGH or shit from Hugh Jackman or Captain Picard, you're an actor not a schlub like us

View attachment 491732

small easter egg in the show, someone translated the Nightsister runes and it refers to Kujet, who was a Zeffo Sith (the alien guys who built all those temples) in Jedi Fallen Order/Survivor. Maybe they came from the Dathomiri Galaxy, i think there are hints in the games they were fleeing something too

LMAO at Tobias Thrawn.

"Our numbers have dwindled... but there are dozens of us! DOZENS!"

The Thrawn characterization you have given requires exceptional writing to make it work (on par with "The Usual Suspects" or "The Wire") and the people writing this show can barely write a coherent, sensible plot. So Thrawn will fail utterly here as a villain. They already got his look wrong by making him look like a fat, soft bureaucrat -- not a military man and that would have been the easiest thing to get right. Cast a more beefier, more imposing actor in his 50s. Kinda like Baylan but more menacing and you might sell me on Thrawn as a villain, but they already fucked that up too.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

I came across a few Thrawn reactions. Obviously book-thrawn people are disappointed and call it botched. Don't think you can find any reactions from non-book people who haven't seen rebels. Not seeing both would make you not even a fan of Star Wars to begin with to be commenting on Thrawn.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I came across a few Thrawn reactions. Obviously book-thrawn people are disappointed and call it botched. Don't think you can find any reactions from non-book people who haven't seen rebels. Not seeing both would make you not even a fan of Star Wars to begin with to be commenting on Thrawn.
I mean Timothy Zahn praises Filoni's take on Thrawn and wants to write books in the time period he is in the other galaxy.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i didn't read zahn's books, but i know the jist of the story. i also didn't watch rebels, though i've seen highlights and know the general arc. i'm happy with thrawn, for the most part. to me, thrawn was never about being physically intimidating, it's his intellect. he's not a guy who beats you in a fight, he's a guy who has ALREADY beaten you before the fight ever starts.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's a realistic wall you hit when you have to portray a species like the Chiss on screen, not just Thrawn but for any of that species in the future you can't break the CGI/makeup budget every time. So they did a good middle ground but it will never be as good as animated shows or video games.

As far as the Thrawn character we haven't seen enough interactions yet to judge whether it's a good depiction.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users