Ahsoka

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Hati continues to all but tell Baylan "We're getting involved even further with the witches? You do realize we are the baddies then.", so her being the one (and not Thrawn) to turn against the witches seems inevitable.

There's only, what, two episodes left, and Ahsoka hasn't even landed yet, and given the glacial pace, I just expect Thrawn to have his engines damaged when he tries to jump back to the original galaxy and ends up in 'Show X' in the future.

I don't remotely know star destroyer lore, are we supposed to assume the Chinera's been rebuilt with Purgill bones (the goldish brown material in the intro shots)?
thats what i'm wondering. they probably shouldnt have changed locations so late in the season. it narrows down who is a player in the last few episodes. Thrawn should have shown up by episode 3 or 4.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
thats what i'm wondering. they probably shouldnt have changed locations so late in the season. it narrows down who is a player in the last few episodes. Thrawn should have shown up by episode 3 or 4.
i think part of the issue is that there's like 10+ years of MAJOR character development for ahsoka that have happened but we haven't seen it and since ahsoka is really dave's baby, he wants to make sure she is getting her due in that sense. she was a general in one of the galaxy's largest theatres AS A CHILD. she was raised by keepers of the peace who had JUST been thrust into military leadership and didn't know what they were doing. the jedi were so afraid of the darkside that they rip children away from their parents so that they couldn't form attachments to them, only to force them into a situation where they form attachments with their masters.

on top of that, ahsoka's training was REALLY screwed up. she was trained by arguably one of the greatest jedi when it comes to force competency and battle skill, but had next to zero time to train in much of anything to do with actually BEING a jedi. she knows how to wave a lightstick around real good, but she wasn't really trained in diplomacy or anything that would qualify as any kind of wisdom trait. then she left the order entirely, forcing her to learn those things on her own. granted she had a better chance of learning on her own than being taught by the order at that point, so it was probably a good call, but to say her training was stunted would be an understatement.

NOW because the jedi teach detachment but then force attachment through master and apprentice relationships, she forms an extremely strong familial bond with anakin who she then finds out is literally space hitler and has NO IDEA how to process that. then skip ahead 10 or so years and here we are. the biggest issue with the show, in my mind, is that it didn't introduce that issue in a fully coherent way. people who are familiar with ahsoka can put those pieces together, and the show did eventually tell us that's what she's been dealing with, but i think it could have and should have significantly changed things prior to where we are right now.

we, the audience, are thinking that the plot is about dealing with thrawn since episode 1, but it's absolutely not. the first half of the season was the audience being shown that ahsoka is broken. she tried to train sabine for some reason, we still don't know why ahsoka is so hellbent on training sabine as a jedi, but it didn't work and ahsoka abandoned sabine. then when circumstance brings them together, she never apologizes for what she did wrong, she just goes back to forcing sabine to be a jedi. she's a bad teacher, she's a bad friend, she's just bad at everything except killing, she's great at that. and that's the aspect that she REALLY has to come to terms with in anakin's final lesson.

they have been talking about thrawn for so long that it forced the audience to look at the show through the lens of "this show is about them finding and stopping thrawn" but it's not. i don't know if they should have just avoided thrawn alltogether, or just avoided thrawn being mentioned so much but i think it's one of the big missteps of the show.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think part of the issue is that there's like 10+ years of MAJOR character development for ahsoka that have happened but we haven't seen it and since ahsoka is really dave's baby, he wants to make sure she is getting her due in that sense. she was a general in one of the galaxy's largest theatres AS A CHILD. she was raised by keepers of the peace who had JUST been thrust into military leadership and didn't know what they were doing. the jedi were so afraid of the darkside that they rip children away from their parents so that they couldn't form attachments to them, only to force them into a situation where they form attachments with their masters.

on top of that, ahsoka's training was REALLY screwed up. she was trained by arguably one of the greatest jedi when it comes to force competency and battle skill, but had next to zero time to train in much of anything to do with actually BEING a jedi. she knows how to wave a lightstick around real good, but she wasn't really trained in diplomacy or anything that would qualify as any kind of wisdom trait. then she left the order entirely, forcing her to learn those things on her own. granted she had a better chance of learning on her own than being taught by the order at that point, so it was probably a good call, but to say her training was stunted would be an understatement.

NOW because the jedi teach detachment but then force attachment through master and apprentice relationships, she forms an extremely strong familial bond with anakin who she then finds out is literally space hitler and has NO IDEA how to process that. then skip ahead 10 or so years and here we are. the biggest issue with the show, in my mind, is that it didn't introduce that issue in a fully coherent way. people who are familiar with ahsoka can put those pieces together, and the show did eventually tell us that's what she's been dealing with, but i think it could have and should have significantly changed things prior to where we are right now.

we, the audience, are thinking that the plot is about dealing with thrawn since episode 1, but it's absolutely not. the first half of the season was the audience being shown that ahsoka is broken. she tried to train sabine for some reason, we still don't know why ahsoka is so hellbent on training sabine as a jedi, but it didn't work and ahsoka abandoned sabine. then when circumstance brings them together, she never apologizes for what she did wrong, she just goes back to forcing sabine to be a jedi. she's a bad teacher, she's a bad friend, she's just bad at everything except killing, she's great at that. and that's the aspect that she REALLY has to come to terms with in anakin's final lesson.

they have been talking about thrawn for so long that it forced the audience to look at the show through the lens of "this show is about them finding and stopping thrawn" but it's not. i don't know if they should have just avoided thrawn alltogether, or just avoided thrawn being mentioned so much but i think it's one of the big missteps of the show.
yes, that makes sense. i saw they were trying to convey that Ahsoka is still dealing with her "daddy issues" from her Jedi training, but they should have completed that thought. leave Thrawn for season 2. its like filoni was forced to halfass 2 full seasons into just one. thats why ive been saying that they didnt do Thrawn justice at all. he's old. he seems stupid that he couldnt find Ezra right outside the red witch temple. he couldnt repair his own ship, he's dependent on the red witches. he needs to be rescued. its like, why do this to somebody so hyped up as the Moriarty of Space or a big bad Thanos type in Star Wars? this is how i see this season ending. Thrawn kicks all kind of ass and jets out of Crabworld like a boss or he gets utterly humiliated by Ahsoka and some fucking whales divebombing his ship so he has to crash back down to Crabworld. for him to win like a boss, Ahsoka needs to die or lose her friends like Ezra and Sabine . would the show allow that kind of ending? i think its likely Thrawn takes a defeat, has to bitch out and tag along with the witches in the space ring back to the Star Wars galaxy.

j00t

yes, that makes sense. i saw they were trying to convey that Ahsoka is still dealing with her "daddy issues" from her Jedi training, but they should have completed that thought. leave Thrawn for season 2. its like filoni was forced to halfass 2 full seasons into just one. thats why ive been saying that they didnt do Thrawn justice at all. he's old. he seems stupid that he couldnt find Ezra right outside the red witch temple. he couldnt repair his own ship, he's dependent on the red witches. he needs to be rescued. its like, why do this to somebody so hyped up as the Moriarty of Space or a big bad Thanos type in Star Wars? this is how i see this season ending. Thrawn kicks all kind of ass and jets out of Crabworld like a boss or he gets utterly humiliated by Ahsoka and some fucking whales divebombing his ship so he has to crash back down to Crabworld. for him to win like a boss, Ahsoka needs to die or lose her friends like Ezra and Sabine . would the show allow that kind of ending? i think its likely Thrawn takes a defeat, has to bitch out and tag along with the witches in the space ring back to the Star Wars galaxy.
i don't think anything egregious will happen to thrawn in the next few episodes. i'm expecting him to have a hand in baylon's death, i'm expecting him to not get EVERYTHING he was going for, but i also expect him to be free by the end. i'm expecting an empire strikes back type of ending where it's bitter sweet. the bad guys aren't really stopped and the good guys take some hits. though i don't exactly know how that will play out.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i don't think anything egregious will happen to thrawn in the next few episodes. i'm expecting him to have a hand in baylon's death, i'm expecting him to not get EVERYTHING he was going for, but i also expect him to be free by the end. i'm expecting an empire strikes back type of ending where it's bitter sweet. the bad guys aren't really stopped and the good guys take some hits. though i don't exactly know how that will play out.
Baylon is a given, but he's a bad guy and unless he finishes a redemption arc, it's not going to be a loss for team Ahsoka. So maybe Ezra or Sabine? Would losing one or both of those characters be a huge loss?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Baylon is a given, but he's a bad guy and unless he finishes a redemption arc, it's not going to be a loss for team Ahsoka. So maybe Ezra or Sabine? Would losing one or both of those characters be a huge loss?
That's like killing Luke or Leia off in A New Hope.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's like killing Luke or Leia off in A New Hope.
thats what i figured, so you cant kill them off. can't kill Ahsoka off. Hera and asian x-wing pilot are in another galaxy. probably cant kill them off either. maybe the whales and crab people get killed? thats not a big deal though. i guess this is all super exciting for rebels/clones fans, but for just us casual SW fans of the movies. its all a big whatever. Thrawn skips town having done nothing of importance. team Ahsoka fights Baylon and coke fiend with death troopers going pew pew pew over their heads. they use the witch temple for coordinates back home and they chase the giant ring ship.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
thats what i figured, so you cant kill them off. can't kill Ahsoka off. Hera and asian x-wing pilot are in another galaxy. probably cant kill them off either. maybe the whales and crab people get killed? thats not a big deal though. i guess this is all super exciting for rebels/clones fans, but for just us casual SW fans of the movies. its all a big whatever. Thrawn skips town having done nothing of importance. team Ahsoka fights Baylon and coke fiend with death troopers going pew pew pew over their heads. they use the witch temple for coordinates back home and they chase the giant ring ship.
This is the beginning of the live action Thrawn/Ahsoka/Mando stuff. I don't know why you expect the show to finish the story. You have at least season 4 of Mando and a movie, which could end up being more than one. The obvious cliffhanger is Thrawn arriving back and all the remnant Empire sucking his dick as Heir to the Empire.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This is the beginning of the live action Thrawn/Ahsoka/Mando stuff. I don't know why you expect the show to finish the story. You have at least season 4 of Mando and a movie, which could end up being more than one. The obvious cliffhanger is Thrawn arriving back and all the remnant Empire sucking his dick as Heir to the Empire.
i'm just trying to see how they follow the story formula for the third act which i am assuming are the last two episodes. even a slow burn program like Breaking Bad had a satisfactory climax ending of their first season.

spronk

FPS noob
Ahsoka_SabineWorstJedi.jpg

although she has some strong competition with Yoda

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Just caught up to Episode 6.

You can tell Dave Filoni had a huge part to play in this series because it's actually good. No complaints! I love how they build on the Clone Wars/Rebels lore.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Zzz and another introduction of yet another character with force abilities on another level to anything seen before

And fucking shit pilots that can't out pilot a droid

• 2EyeRoll
  • 1Seriously?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Jedi force kung fu vs lightsabers is a thing now?

Telekinesis being able to push back/hold another person in place briefly seems hardly a power spike. The rest is just dodging. Also lol at her just putting one powerful force shove to essentially get the upper hand v him. She's just an apprentice still.

Actually thought Ezra's "power level" was about right. Some developed force powers without actual weapons, but eventually almost knocked out by a mere apprentice with actual recent training.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Should say:
Baylan basically letting Ahsoka know she has no shot v him was amusing. Still not sure I like his weird "I'm getting called by something from the first planet we landed on in another galaxy where dark side witch clan lived for who knows how long" side story. Essentially Abandoning Shin was not what I was expecting.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
its the ewoks all over again

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf

Oldbased

> Than U
Shin just needs a good dick in her ass. She just lost without it.
Also I think fan comments may have screwed us on General Hussy. All scenes in the start from behind were upper ass only.

Last edited:
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Should say:
Baylan basically letting Ahsoka know she has no shot v him was amusing. Still not sure I like his weird "I'm getting called by something from the first planet we landed on in another galaxy where dark side witch clan lived for who knows how long" side story. Essentially Abandoning Shin was not what I was expecting.
yeah i agree...
it felt... somewhat disingenuous for baylon to just be like, i'm outtie, see ya. i don't disagree per se with his reasoning, that he's been on a singular quest and shin has only tagged along and that her ambition is leading her elsewhere. however, i wish there was more dialogue between them to show this.

there is also some rumors that baylan is hearing from "The mother," Abeloth. i don't know much about her, but she was basically a mortal that the mortis gods invited into their family. they were originally going to gift her with basically the fountain of youth, but the father specifically (if i remember correctly) started to doubt more and more what the effects it would have on a mortal. she was apparently supposed to be a servant to the mortis gods and did great work with them, but since she was mortal, she was eventually just going to die. so anyway, the father officially denies her from drinking from the fountain but she refused and drank from it in secret and then turned into this all powerful force god. she is supposed to be trapped in a planet somewhere in unknown space.

now all of this is from the books which aren't canon anymore, but there are a lot of similarities. abeloth is trapped in some unknown planet but was able to twist the planet itself and reach out in the force to sort of vaguely communicate with force sensitives, which is basically on point with what is going on with baylan. that seems a BIT over the top for a live action show, but who knows with filoni.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users