Ahsoka

Goatface

1725477241343.png

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Still planned for the Mando Movie to come out before S2? I was under the impression its about Thrawns return to makes some sense to come first.

I really just want more of Shin and Baylon - Animated series makes some sense here.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Christ. This is what's wrong with streaming/TV these days. Either release new seasons each year around the same time or just cancel it. Who the fuck is going to rememberr a show three years after its previous season? It's one of the reasons why mando s3 failed. Take so long between seasons that nobody cares anymore, along with firing beloved characters and depending on a puppet instead of a good plot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

Still planned for the Mando Movie to come out before S2? I was under the impression its about Thrawns return to makes some sense to come first.

I really just want more of Shin and Baylon - Animated series makes some sense here.
think the movie has may 2026 date.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Christ. This is what's wrong with streaming/TV these days. Either release new seasons each year around the same time or just cancel it. Who the fuck is going to rememberr a show three years after its previous season? It's one of the reasons why mando s3 failed. Take so long between seasons that nobody cares anymore, along with firing beloved characters and depending on a puppet instead of a good plot.
Pretty sure that's a reason I havent watched the new season umbrella academy.

Also doing the 2 month hiatus for the 2nd half of the season is fucking lame.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I wish chuck would stop changing his avatar. I keep accidentally reading his posts.

• 7Worf
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 7 users

Homsar

Never knew the story on astro, I only know The asshole shaman chuckzombi

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Never knew the story on astro, I only know The asshole shaman chuckzombi
Chukzombi Astrocreep was my shaman's name. i was also known as the Undead Shaman. i used Astrocreep as my board name when i rerolled here after Millie banned me in 2007. i came back in 2009. had that name for a few years and then switched it back to chuk/Chukzombi. a user name i began using for online gaming since 1993 when White Zombie videos first appeared on Beavis and Butthead. before that in arcade games (Chk or Chz) since fucking Donkey Kong in 82.. cuz Chuck is my actual fucking name. before EQ, there was Sierra Online INN and The Realm. yeah I'm fucking old and if you remember any of those things, so are you.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Chukzombi Astrocreep was my shaman's name. i was also known as the Undead Shaman. i used Astrocreep as my board name when i rerolled here after Millie banned me in 2007. i came back in 2009. had that name for a few years and then switched it back to chuk/Chukzombi. a user name i began using for online gaming since 1993 when White Zombie videos first appeared on Beavis and Butthead. before that in arcade games (Chk or Chz) since fucking Donkey Kong in 82.. cuz Chuck is my actual fucking name. before EQ, there was Sierra Online INN and The Realm. yeah I'm fucking old and if you remember any of those things, so are you.
I just hit the big 40 a couple weeks ago. Don't remember Sierra online. I played Ultima online before EQ killed it

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I just hit the big 40 a couple weeks ago. Don't remember Sierra online. I played Ultima online before EQ killed it
Sierra was a great company back in the day. Games like Phantasmagoria or conquests of Camelot were classics. They also had an online division which was Sierra Online. INN was short for The Imagination Network. It was a bunch of different things. You could get online and play card games or silly drawing games or a basic MMO or just chat with people using customizable avatars.

I had a character called Chukzombi, one called Dope Hat (Marilyn Manson song) and another called "Just Chuck". I actually got a "cyber girlfriend" doing that. She was from New Mexico. We talked on the phone. Wrote physical letters to each other and of course chatted online for hours every night. My online bill was out of control. One month I racked up 150 dollars on my 9k-14.4k modem. The internet wasn't free back then.

By the time The Realm went into beta, I had a better connection and online wasn't by the minute. You could log in all the time for a flat fee. There is no way you could grind monsters for hours every night without something like that. The Realm was basically an Ultima clone which was an online version of pen and paper based role playing games. All this was over 30 years ago and a lot of fun. Online gamers were a very limited group of dedicated people back then. People with the time and cash for that type of shit.

• 1Like

Homsar

I don't remember internet having prices for usage, all we had was AOL at the time in my area. Didn't have DSL until 2000. Even cellphones weren't doing datacaps for the longest time. Pretty sure that's when I dropped Verizon.

Massive raids AOL was interesting

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't remember internet having prices for usage, all we had was AOL at the time in my area. Didn't have DSL until 2000. Even cellphones weren't doing datacaps for the longest time. Pretty sure that's when I dropped Verizon.

I had Prodigy back then. You got a certain amount of time . Maybe 30 minutes or a few hours per month of internet in your plan. Then you started getting charged by the minute afterwards. It was an unrealistic way of running an ISP if you wanted people using the internet.

• 2Like

Homsar

I had Prodigy back then. You got a certain amount of time . Maybe 30 minutes or a few hours per month of internet in your plan. Then you started getting charged by the minute afterwards. It was an unrealistic way of running an ISP if you wanted people using the internet.
I don't even know how that's possible gaming during EQ. We would go on rotations of sleep and school camping certain shit like the ancient croc or whatever. If you fell asleep ect you were back to waiting days to get a spot back in line

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't even know how that's possible gaming during EQ. We would go on rotations of sleep and school camping certain shit like the ancient croc or whatever. If you fell asleep ect you were back to waiting days to get a spot back in line
It was never going to happen. Just never. unless you had a bag of money. You had to watch the clock and be careful you didn't go over. You got the flat rate by 94 or 95, so not many remember having to do that kind of thing. Some don't know that cell phones were 30 minutes of talk time and only nights and weekends for free. I had my first cellphone in 93 and all you got was 30 minutes in your 30 dollar monthly plan and then they started screwing you. I bought it because in case I got stranded somewhere I had access to a phone. By 97 or so I had my star tac with the nights and weekends deal. Was so wonderful. I could actually talk to people more than a minute.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Bro AOL started out charging per minute. They had an intranet that was free, but to access the Internet it cost money. We started with AOL and one of those 30 free hour disks. I think we owed like a grand at the end of the month. We knew we had gone over by an hour or two, but what we didn't know was they were charging us per minute for the dialup number we used. We had to use an 800 number because they didn't have any local Numbers for us and we weren't paying fucking long distance rates.

We did not pay it.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Bro AOL started out charging per minute. They had an intranet that was free, but to access the Internet it cost money. We started with AOL and one of those 30 free hour disks. I think we owed like a grand at the end of the month. We knew we had gone over by an hour or two, but what we didn't know was they were charging us per minute for the dialup number we used. We had to use an 800 number because they didn't have any local Numbers for us and we weren't paying fucking long distance rates.

We did not pay it.

Yup, I remember those days. They started out with a per-minute cost, then per-hour, then eventually they went large cap and then unlimited. Per hour it was something bullshit like $4.99 or whatever. But as a kid I got hooked on the original Neverwinter Nights (probably the first MMO with graphics) and my parents got a huge bill and that was the end of AOL lol

Then I remember like a year or two later, I was walking by a Babbages and they had some free discs advertising a new internet provider that gave you like 2,000 hours a month for $19.99, which in comparison to AOL was an absolute bargain. Then everyone started to go unlimited and higher speed internet became a thing and AOL became a historical footnote.

But the early 90s were really predatory for online stuff in terms of what they charged you. Compuserv and Prodigy used to charge a lot per minute/hour, then I remember there was an online mechwarrior game that would then charge you by the minute on top of whatever you were paying for the internet access.

• 2Like