Ahsoka

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
a few people here and there have complained about star wars explaining TOO much and the force becoming some aspect of science instead of the supernatural. that's how we got midichlorians. it's not that explaining it makes it fall apart, it's that the more explaining you do, the less magical it becomes.

whether or not ahsoka physically went to the world beyond worlds isn't the point of the scene. it's that ahsoka has been struggling for a long time with the fact that her master, her lens through which she sees the world and the force, turned out to be worse than space hitler. she hasn't been able to reconcile that and it's severely hampered her ability to be who she was meant to be, not to mention training a padawan of her own.

so this scene is her REALLY grappling with that idea and coming out the other end reborn, hence the white clothing. she's no longer ahsoka the grey, she's ahsoka the white. prior to this episode she was very stoic and sullen, now she's smiling, optimistic, excited.

i absolutely understand why people aren't really liking this show much. because, again, it's not for them. lucas had the ability to make a story approachable by pretty much anybody at any age. there were missteps along the way here and there, but ultimately, you can argue that the original trilogy is for kids, but it's not. it's for everyone. filoni on the other hand, doesn't make stories for everyone. he makes them for the geeks that live and breath star wars. the kinds of people who will watch the clone wars KNOWNG it was for kids, and not care because even so, it's a competent story about star wars.

if you aren't going to watch clone wars and rebels because they are cartoons, then you're just not really going to appreciate ahsoka.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
a few people here and there have complained about star wars explaining TOO much and the force becoming some aspect of science instead of the supernatural. that's how we got midichlorians. it's not that explaining it makes it fall apart, it's that the more explaining you do, the less magical it becomes.

whether or not ahsoka physically went to the world beyond worlds isn't the point of the scene. it's that ahsoka has been struggling for a long time with the fact that her master, her lens through which she sees the world and the force, turned out to be worse than space hitler. she hasn't been able to reconcile that and it's severely hampered her ability to be who she was meant to be, not to mention training a padawan of her own.

so this scene is her REALLY grappling with that idea and coming out the other end reborn, hence the white clothing. she's no longer ahsoka the grey, she's ahsoka the white. prior to this episode she was very stoic and sullen, now she's smiling, optimistic, excited.

now that you positioned it this way, it makes it even worse. no longer is it just an unintelligible mishmash of star wars magic and plot holes, now it has a straight LOTR ripoff layered on top of it. just when you thought this show couldnt get any stupider

i absolutely understand why people aren't really liking this show much. because, again, it's not for them. lucas had the ability to make a story approachable by pretty much anybody at any age. there were missteps along the way here and there, but ultimately, you can argue that the original trilogy is for kids, but it's not. it's for everyone. filoni on the other hand, doesn't make stories for everyone. he makes them for the geeks that live and breath star wars. the kinds of people who will watch the clone wars KNOWNG it was for kids, and not care because even so, it's a competent story about star wars.

if you aren't going to watch clone wars and rebels because they are cartoons, then you're just not really going to appreciate ahsoka.

no i hate this show for reasons i described above. its just unimaginative garbage full of plot holes, rip offs and nonsense.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Got caught up on this over the weekend and just watched the new one during lunch. Maybe my brain has been slowly rotted as a result of it absorbing an abundance of shitty Star Wars over the past couple of decades (or maybe a few of you are just tryhard cunts) but I'm enjoying this. However, the space whales better make a beeline for Thrawn next week and not just bumble Ahsoka into some other subplot only to finally drop him into the last scene of the season, or I'll start joining the haters.

Also, whoever did the sound design for this needs to do all the shows. Lightsaber battles that sound like they are shaking my house apart can sure help paper over a middling plot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Got caught up on this over the weekend and just watched the new one during lunch. Maybe my brain has been slowly rotted as a result of it absorbing an abundance of shitty Star Wars over the past couple of decades (or maybe a few of you are just tryhard cunts) but I'm enjoying this. However, the space whales better make a beeline for Thrawn next week and not just bumble Ahsoka into some other subplot only to finally drop him into the last scene of the season, or I'll start joining the haters.

Also, whoever did the sound design for this needs to do all the shows. Lightsaber battles that sound like they are shaking my house apart can sure help paper over a middling plot.
Not sure how much Thrawn we will actually get as this is all leading up to Filoni's SW movie. That and this will also be going into Mando as well.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This show would suck complete ass if it weren't for all the POWERFUL FEMALE energy that this show radiates. I love it!

• 2Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
"at least the pews pews are LOUD!"

that's how low the bar has been set

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
"at least the pews pews are LOUD!"

that's how low the bar has been set
Or you can just not watch it and bitch about something else.

Confused Jim Carrey GIF

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Or you can just not watch it and bitch about something else.

Confused Jim Carrey GIF
Just let him do his thing. Beats the hell out of the old trolls of his past here. Poor guy is SO bored now that his favorite Lisp has gone off on his extended African Safari.

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this show continues to be visually amazing , with fantastic action, but boring and fucking stupid as you can get otherwise. Hera's ass is the only thing that makes any sense. i hope it gets a spinoff. i fully expected Anakin to yank adult Ahsoka around the waist and make out with her when they got that close at the end like in Sin City. the young Ahsoka had actual emotion and was interesting. i thought that was the same actress from Infinity War.

Last edited:

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Just let him do his thing. Beats the hell out of the old trolls of his past here. Poor guy is SO bored now that his favorite Lisp has gone off on his extended African Safari.

They got rid of Chris, foler, Phisey - jack shit to do around here

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
this show continues to be visially amazing , with fantastic action, but boring and fucking stupid as you can get otherwise. Hera's ass is the only thing that makes any sense. i hope it gets a spinoff. i fully expected Anakin to yank adult Ahsoka in his arms and make out with her when they got that close at the end. the young Ahsoka had actual emotion and was interesting. i thought that was the same actress from Infinity War.

That's a fair point. Part of the reason I still watch it is because the visual spectscle is done really well.

That battle sequence with Siege of Mandalore was one of the best SW action sequences in years.

Fadaar

That guy
i watched all of rebels and clone wars so i'm enjoying this, though i will agree the first couple eps were kinda shit. def picked up the last two.

• 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ugg. So all of this other shit is in the cartoon? WTF wants to watch seasons of that to understand a show that kinda sucks? WTF didn't they just re-introduce us to Thrawn and...whoever this 1st season. Would have made it much easier to watch.

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Ugg. So all of this other shit is in the cartoon? WTF wants to watch seasons of that to understand a show that kinda sucks? WTF didn't they just re-introduce us to Thrawn and...whoever this 1st season. Would have made it much easier to watch.

bro you have to watch 19 seasons and 147 hours of shitty CGI cartoons rated Y-7 with plots for little kids if you want to appreciate Ahsoka

THATS JUST HOW IT IS

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users