Ahsoka

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mostly enjoyed the episode even if I didn't understand around 25% of it.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes when Ahsoka is rescued by a female to a backdrop of heroic music.

• 4Worf
  • 2Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only other time people know about them taking ships was when they wrapped their tentacles around some Star Destroyers and dragged Thrawn's fleet off to another galaxy.

Help me with this please because this is the central part of the plot I can't fathom.

Did team bad guy know where Thrawn was but couldn't find a way to reach him? That would explain locating the star map orb thing.

Way I'm reading it is, he was ripped away to some unknown galaxy by the whales that can literally jump anywhere and yet this orb found in an ancient temple that presumably predates his disappearance can somehow point to Thrawn's location... How the fuck would that even work unless they knew where he was? It's not like someone went back in time and said I'll leave a map to where Thrawn will be exiled in the future.

Fadaar

That guy
Help me with this please because this is the central part of the plot I can't fathom.

Did team bad guy know where Thrawn was but couldn't find a way to reach him? That would explain locating the star map orb thing.

Way I'm reading it is, he was ripped away to some unknown galaxy by the whales that can literally jump anywhere and yet this orb found in an ancient temple that presumably predates his disappearance can somehow point to Thrawn's location... How the fuck would that even work unless they knew where he was? It's not like someone went back in time and said I'll leave a map to where Thrawn will be exiled in the future.

The temple thing was a map from another species many many years in the past that allegedly came to the SW galaxy from the galaxy Thrawn/Ezra were brought to by the whales. Or something like that. I guess the area the planet & temple was in was one of the few (maybe only?) safe spots to jump between the galaxies. I really do hope they explain this a little better at some point, either via Thrawn or Morgan.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

Baylon mentions the Pathway to Peridea, that was an old Jedi story about a pathway to another galaxy, which is attributed to the Purgill. Apparently, it wasn't just a story and Elsbeth had found an old map there. I assume that Seatos was the "last gas station" for the Purgill before they jump galaxies.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

Lmao I thought the same thing when they revealed that the orb was a star map to Thrawn. It's like finding a Garmin GPS in an ancient Mayan temple

Maybe I need to watch the cartoons to understand this show

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
The temple thing was a map from another species many many years in the past that allegedly came to the SW galaxy from the galaxy Thrawn/Ezra were brought to by the whales. Or something like that. I guess the area the planet & temple was in was one of the few (maybe only?) safe spots to jump between the galaxies. I really do hope they explain this a little better at some point, either via Thrawn or Morgan.

Baylon mentions the Pathway to Peridea, that was an old Jedi story about a pathway to another galaxy, which is attributed to the Purgill. Apparently, it wasn't just a story and Elsbeth had found an old map there. I assume that Seatos was the "last gas station" for the Purgill before they jump galaxies.

They clearly state it's a map to Thrawn, not to just another galaxy. That's a big distinction because a map to Thrawn cant be older than a few years so why would it be in some ancient dusty temple for what presumably is hundreds of not thousands of years?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
people long ago charted purgil migratory lanes. in rebels, i think, someone mentions that purgil actually inspired mechanical lightspeed. so the "map to thrawn" is just a map of purgil migration that was used to help chart lightspeed. this particular map isn't just from corruscant to tatioone for example, it's a very specific map that leads to "peridia" which is where everyone assume thrawn is. morgan specifically says that thrawn has been communicating to her through time and space, whatever that means, so maybe she KNOWS thrawn is in peridia, as opposed to everyone else who just assume.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
So we went from "the cartoons are great" to "actually most of it is shit, and a small part of it is almost as good as OT"
I dunno who "we" is, for me the cartoons are great. Way way way more good than bad, honestly the best SW stuff since the OT with the exceptions of Rogue One and Andor. My only real issue with the cartoons is the "filler" episodes. Cut about 15% of the episodes and it would be better and more succinct.

Personally I like what they did with Maul and I wish they would have pushed the Obi Wan romance narrative more. Why? Rey. The Rey character would have been better if she was a Kenobi.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I was reluctant to watch the cartoons for a very long time. I finally broke down and watched them this spring and really enjoyed it and expanded my understanding of the SW universe.

Rebels was specifically enjoyable and i loved having new characters to care about. Lots of growth and good story telling. Ezra's arch was really good and i recommend sucking it up and watching them.

Clone wars had lots of skippable episodes so search out one of the guides so you know what order and which ones really matter.
Learning about the clone troopers was surprisingly enjoyable. Bad Batch is fun to but not on the same level.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Mostly enjoyed the episode even if I didn't understand around 25% of it.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes when Ahsoka is rescued by a female to a backdrop of heroic music.

It was a good thing they actually had the only useful person to actually find her in the form of a 12 year old boy, and his trusty droid with his sensors.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Shut up you two. I am trying to telepathically talk to a space whale to fly me 2 million light years

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Shut up you two. I am trying to telepathically talk to a space whale to fly me 2 million light years

I feel like the whale would ask if you'd watched all the cartoons and you'd be fucked

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
If you watched the cartoons you would be totally fine with this. Way more plausible, believable, palatable and ultimately reasonable than LEIA "MARY FUCKIN' POPPINS" ORGANA-SOLO. FUCK YOU KATHLEEN AND RIAN FUCK YOU IN THE EAR WITH ALL THE HATE IN MY HEART!

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Oh shit I forgot to watch this. Time to drink a sensible half bottle of whiskey so I’ll end up watching this in a few hours when I’m started to pass out. I’ll let everyone know what I think when the time comes.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Is she snips because she has two head tail things? I guess that back one symbolizes the dick between the legs. The stupid long CGI cartoon sequence was not informative. You have to fly low! Cut into a spaceship being a lame boat. And now we're in the part where Darth vader has some retarded cartoon fight, and then some extra gay prequels thing. Okay back to Ahsoka world. Kinda stupid, guess Anakin is a ninja now, who disappeared into a smoke cloud. Drinking the other half. Good bye you loosers.