Ahsoka

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Season 7 Episodes 11 & 12 for the Finale.

Those are the ones that lean into Order 66 and the betrayal.
I watched both episodes and they were good. They even used real life actors (think even the actual actor for Darth Maul) to do the lightsaber fights and bring them to animation.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I watched both episodes and they were good. They even used real life actors (think even the actual actor for Darth Maul) to do the lightsaber fights and bring them to animation.
That fight with Maul and Ahsoka was all motion capture.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I'm not going to quote all of you, but boo fucking hoo. How much backstory do you need?

The characters aren't byproducts of woke bias and the story is great, I'm happy enough to take that at this point given what they did with Obi Wan.

Bunch of "spoon feed me everything" motherfuckers, I swear.

I think you need to pause and think about the two asshats you are responding too. You will never change their minds, they are broken souls, so just do not engage.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Cybsled

Keep in mind that these guys would probably watch Infinity War and be like “who is this Ironman guy? Why is this guy using magic? Why are we in space suddenly? I shouldn’t have had to watch all the prior superhero movies to understand this! 0/10 dumb movie”

• 2Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
That fight with Maul and Ahsoka was all motion capture.

When you see Darth Vader appear before the crashed starship and he picks up Ahsoka's lightsaber, that shit was H E A V Y. Especially since Ahsoka knew of the Emperor's plot but never got to get back in time to warn Anakin.

I need to go back and rewatch those.

• 2Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Didn't Disney release a list of like 8 episodes of CW/Rebels to watch so you didnt have the watch the whole series, just learn who Ahsoka/Ezra/Sabine etc are before the show?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Keep in mind that these guys would probably watch Infinity War and be like “who is this Ironman guy? Why is this guy using magic? Why are we in space suddenly? I shouldn’t have had to watch all the prior superhero movies to understand this! 0/10 dumb movie”

Lol what a terrible example, citing the flagship movie of an intentional cinematic universe that was always intended to lead to a team movie, and was aimed at a consistent series of age groups.

I saw somehow, maybe it was YouTube algorithm I don't remember, a clip of space whales eating Thrawn. It looked terrible

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
A more accurate analogy would be to present the first Iron Man movie with zero explanation of who he is, why he is rich, how he got the suit, what his motivations are and then just go straight to the action.

When people start asking "Wait, who is this guy, how did he get the suit?" the response would be "g0 rEaD tEh k0miK b00kZ"

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Didn't Disney release a list of like 8 episodes of CW/Rebels to watch so you didnt have the watch the whole series, just learn who Ahsoka/Ezra/Sabine etc are before the show?
That's a good move by Disney if that's the case.

When I was wiki/youtubing clone wars/rebels - the initial searches led me down more vids and backstory to help fill in all the gaps. No way I have the time or patience to go through 200 episodes of filler and kid-oriented crap.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I think you need to pause and think about the two asshats you are responding too. You will never change their minds, they are broken souls, so just do not engage.

Just because Masakari Masakari tried to recruit a bunch of gay gym bros to the forum and watches kids cartoons doesn't qualify him to be asshat material

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
and was aimed at a consistent series of age groups.
Technically, these kind of are aimed a consistent set of age groups, if youre a person who has been watching Filoni Star Wars since you were a child.

If you started watching Clone Wars when you were 6 or 7, you'd be nearing 20 now.

Everyone here has been old from the start, but Filoni is aging his stuff up with is audience, like most YA material does (like how harry potter was vastly darker in the end than the beginning, because the audience would also be 7 years older, having grown up alongside the characters). Clone wars and Rebels do the same thing, the content gets darker as it assumes it audience is aging along with it.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Technically, these kind of are aimed a consistent set of age groups, if youre a person who has been watching Filoni Star Wars since you were a child.

If you started watching Clone Wars when you were 6 or 7, you'd be nearing 20 now.

Everyone here has been old from the start, but Filoni is aging his stuff up with is audience, like most YA material does (like how harry potter was vastly darker in the end than the beginning, because the audience would also be 7 years older, having grown up alongside the characters). Clone wars and Rebels do the same thing, the content gets darker as it assumes it audience is aging along with it.

that's irrelevant to the cited example of Avengers and their individual component backstories. Tone down the autistz, Angerz Angerz

Especially as the Marvel movies had 50 ish years of comic source material and their individual origin stories were mostly well known by the time of the MCU. Just like how the Pattinson Batman movie wasn't an origin story because it didn't need one.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Clone Wars - Season 7 Episodes 11 & 12 for the Finale.

Those both lean into Order 66 and the Betrayal.

I just finished both episodes. Was a bit of a snoozefest, tbh

To its credit, it wasnt bad. Just wasnt interesting. I'm watching ep.10 right now where she captures Darth maul

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
OMG would you fucking pissbabies quit! This is the best episode of the series YET!!!

Females kicking ass?! CHECK!

Ewoks kicking ass with stones and logs just like they did on Endor?! CHECK CHECK!!

C-3PO cameo heard 'round the world?! CHECK CHECK CHECK!!!

This episode had it ALL! The series just keeps getting better! Now THIS is what I call Star Wars!!

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Everyone here has been old from the start, but Filoni is aging his stuff up with is audience,

Ding ding ding winner. Most of the current new crop of Star Wars fans grew up watching the prequels and the subsequent cartoons. As such, they identify more strongly with characters from those movies/shows. Now lots of them are entering their teenage/20s/early 30s, which is a core demographic for business trying to market stuff

The new trilogy had lots of faults, but it’s biggest problem is it focused too heavily on boomer Star Wars at the cost of the newer stuff. The current prime demographic wasn’t as invested

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I just finished both episodes. Was a bit of a snoozefest, tbh

To its credit, it wasnt bad. Just wasnt interesting. I'm watching ep.10 right now where she captures Darth maul

Lmfao

Watch the whole series backwards and report back.

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
The new trilogy had lots of faults, but it’s biggest problem is it focused too heavily on boomer Star Wars at the cost of the newer stuff.
No, the biggest faults were awful storytelling and writing, no plan for a cohesive trilogy, wokeism and Kathleen Kennedy.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
but it’s biggest problem is it focused too heavily on boomer Star Wars

Dumbest post yet.

Yes, the new trilogy focused on boomer favourites - that's why it wrote an unhappy ending for the Leia/Han romance, killed off Han Solo, didn't even feature Luke Skywa........why am I bothering responding to a nitwit

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
OMG would you fucking pissbabies quit! This is the best episode of the series YET!!!

Females kicking ass?! CHECK!

Ewoks kicking ass with stones and logs just like they did on Endor?! CHECK CHECK!!

C-3PO cameo heard 'round the world?! CHECK CHECK CHECK!!!

This episode had it ALL! The series just keeps getting better! Now THIS is what I call Star Wars!!
Araysar probably needs to watch a few more episodes - he's probably wondering wtf Maul is back, wtf is Bo Katan and these Mandolorians.

In fact I recommend he does at this point. It might give a better feeling as to why Bo Katan matters in Mando.

• 1Like

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Dumbest post yet.

Yes, the new trilogy focused on boomer favourites - that's why it wrote an unhappy ending for the Leia/Han romance, killed off Han Solo, didn't even feature Luke Skywa........why am I bothering responding to a nitwit
The sequels just sucked and having Luke be a bitter old man with only one scene demonstrating how powerful he is really killed it for me.

• 2Like