All things Brandon Sanderson

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
His attention is too scattered. Yes, he's put out an amazing amount of decent reads, but as time goes on he'll produce less and less due to "touring" or other things, so we'll end up in the same situation as we did with Jordan and Martin...he dies or fans suffering blue balls due to the glacial progress of his story.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jesus-facepalm.jpg

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Like Gaiman said, they ain't our bitch. I enjoy everything he's had published. I've even read those YA novels, the evil librarian stuff. I probably enjoy the Mistborn stuff the least, but it's still a solid concept he executed well. So while I anticipate the Stormlight Archive more than his other works, I'm not disappointed with anything else, and he has given me a lot more to read than his contemporaries.

Phayd

Golden Knight of the Realm
"Firefight", book 2 of the Reckoners is out now . Hoping it is better than the short story "Mitosis".

Phayd

Really liked the story and didn't expect it to end the way it did. It looks like book 3 "Calamity" will come out next spring, around the same time as the 3rd Wax & Wayne novel.

Phayd

Yeah, when he wrote the second Wax & Wayne, he said he was on a roll and went ahead and wrote the third. The second is due late fall I believe and the third in the spring.

ubiquitrips

Firefight drew me in pretty well. Once I was a couple chapters in, and the David / Megan interactions started, I was hooked.

I am glad David did not become an epic. Too many books seem to rely on a quick hero power up and wiping out of the baddies. While Megan became 'good' and effectively did that, at least it wasn't the hero.

This guy is just killing me, too many good books with years in between. I have never really had to deal with waiting in real time before. I usually pick up a series after it is mostly complete.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Well he puts out books like a madman, just not one series consecutively. I wish more authors were like him.

apex

If other authors were like him we would be getting crap. He is one of the few authors I feel that can keep up his insane pace and still deliver amazing books.

Phayd

Look like Sanderson is changing, slightly, the ending of WoR with the final confrontation scene for the paperback. He says he is putting in the way he originally thought it should occur versus the way he finally wrote it. He is also making some edits for Elantris. These are more geographical and language tweaking. The WoR change is a kind of a significant change.
http://brandonsanderson.com/three-st...n-new-formats/

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
I would like Sanderson to write a series that doesn't become a super hero story in the end as I think he could do a great job if he tried it. I loved the setting and world building in Way of Kings but I would really enjoy a novel from him where the characters don't end up flying through the sky or physically overpowering their enemies for once... I thought it was tragic to see all of the build up of the setting and factions in the shattered plains (WoK) swept away in what amounted to a Dragon Ball level confrontation. I don't mind powers per say, I just don't like it when characters become so powerful that intrigue and politics take a back seat or fly out the window in favor of near deity level brute force.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Here are the changes to the books. I stole this fromhere
Sanderson's assistant tweeted that older versions of ebooks will be updated with these changes.

Hardcover: PAGE 19
Revised word document: PAGE 12
Current:
She took it as the rebuke it was, and found herself blushing. Even her mother Navani could not do that to her.
Replacement:
She took it as the rebuke it was, and found herself blushing. Even her mother, Navani, could not do that to her.

Hardcover: PAGE 84
Revised word document: PAGE 104
Current:
?Toward victory and, at long last, vengeance.?
Replacement:
?On victory and, at long last, vengeance.?

Hardcover: PAGE 99
Revised word document: PAGE 126
Current:
We start with some of the lesser Shardbearers and work up.?
Replacement:
We start with some of the lesser Shardbearers and work up to him.?

Hardcover: PAGE 136
Revised word document: PAGE 181
Current:
Father carried Shallan over the body of a woman in white. Little blood there.
Replacement:
Father carried Shallan over the body of a woman in blue and gold. Little blood there.

Hardcover: PAGE 147
Revised word document: PAGE 196
Current:
The other spheres were still there, but the the sleeve was unbuttoned.
Replacement:
The other spheres were still there, but the sleeve was unbuttoned.

Hardcover: PAGE 367
Revised word document: PAGE 512
Current:
If she knew that, it might tell her how her own princedom was fairing.
Replacement:
If she knew that, it might tell her how her own princedom was faring.

Hardcover: PAGE 397
Revised word document: PAGE 556
Current:
I SUPPOSE THIS MUST BE, the Stormfather said.
Replacement:
I SUPPOSE THIS MUST BE, the Rider of Storms said.

Hardcover: PAGE 397
Revised word document: PAGE 556
Current:
I CANNOT STOP THIS, the Stormfather said. I WOULD
Replacement:
I CANNOT STOP THIS, the Rider of Storms said. I WOULD

Hardcover: PAGE 517
Revised word document: PAGE 727
Current:
The terms were for an exchange of goods, Father trading some of his breechtree cotton and raw shum to Revilar in exchange for a small payment
Replacement:
The terms were for an exchange of goods, Father trading some of his breachtree cotton and raw shum to Revilar in exchange for a small payment

Hardcover: PAGE 608
Revised word document: PAGE 857/858
Current:
Even walking on her tiptoes?which was masked by the illusion?she was much shorter than the highprince.
Replacement:
Even walking on her tiptoes?which was masked by the illusion?she was much shorter than the highlord.

Hardcover: PAGE 647
Revised word document: PAGE 915
Current:
Blasted spren, Kaladin thought, walking up bedside Shallan and Adolin.
Replacement:
Blasted spren, Kaladin thought, walking up beside Shallan and Adolin

Hardcover: PAGE 690
Revised word document: PAGE 977
Current:
Gawk slunk around the corner.
Replacement:
Gawx slunk around the corner.

Hardcover: PAGE 788
Revised word document: PAGE 1113
Current:
?And then the storm would come,? Dalinar replied softly. Twelve days.
Replacement:
?And then the storm would come,? Dalinar replied softly. Eleven days.

Hardcover: PAGE 955
Revised word document: PAGE 1355
Current:
After no attack had come that night, Dalinar had pushed the three armies into another day of marching.
Replacement:
After no attack had come that night, Dalinar had pushed the four armies into another day of marching.

Hardcover: PAGE 992
Revised word document: PAGE 1410
Current:
Had they recovered Teleb?s Shards?
Replacement:
Had they recovered Teleb?s Plate and the King?s Blade he was wielding?

Hardcover: PAGE 1003
Revised word document: PAGE 1424
Current:
General Khal?s som wore his own Plate and bore Teleb?s Blade, which he?d blessedly recovered from the corpse after the other man had fallen.
Replacement:
General Khal?s son wore his own Plate and bore the King?s Blade that he?d blessedly recovered from Teleb?s corpse after the other man had fallen.

Hardcover: PAGE 1009
Revised word document: PAGE 1433
Current:
Two storms coming, one from each direction. They will crash into each other right here.?
Replacement:
Two storms coming, one from each direction. They will crash into one another right here.?

Hardcover: PAGE 1009
Revised word document: PAGE 1433
Current:
?They will feed each other,? Pattern said.
Replacement:
?They will feed one another,? Pattern said.

Hardcover: PAGE 1041
Revised word document: PAGE 1478 / 1479
Current:
Szeth did not parry. He just closed his eyes.
Kaladin drove his Blade into the assassin?s chest right below the neck, severing the spine. Smoke burned out from beneath his eyelids, and his Blade slipped from his fingers. It did not vanish.
Get that! Syl sent him, a mental shout. Grab it, Kaladin. Don?t lose it!
Kaladin dove after the Blade, dropping Szeth?s corpse, letting it fall backward into the stormwall. It vanished among the wind, the rain, and the lightning, trailing faint wisps of Stormlight.
Kaladin grabbed the Blade just before the storm consumed it. Then he Lashed himself back upward, passing along the stormwall, the windspren he?d attracted spiraling about him and laughing with pure joy. As he crested the top of the storm, they burst around him and zipped away, moving off to dance in front of the still-advancing storm.
Replacement:
Szeth did not parry. He just closed his eyes to accept the attack.
In that instant, for reasons he could not have articulated?pity, perhaps?? Kaladin diverted his blow, driving the Blade through Szeth?s wrist. The skin greyed. Flashing with reflected lightning, the sword tumbled from the assassin?s fingers, then dulled as it plummeted.
The glow fled the assassin?s form. All his Stormlight vanished in a puff, all Lashings banished.
Szeth started to fall.
Get that sword! Syl sent to Kaladin, a mental shout. Grab it.
?The assassin!?
He has released the bond. He?s nothing without that sword! It must not be lost! Kaladin dove after the Blade, passing Szeth, who tumbled through the air like a rag doll, buffeted by winds toward the stormwall.
Kaladin furiously Lashed himself downward, snatching the Blade just before the storm consumed it. Nearby, the assassin dropped past him into the storm and was swallowed up, leaving Kaladin with the haunting image of Szeth?s limp silhouette being driven into a plateau below with all the tempest?s force.
Raising the assassin?s Blade, Kaladin Lashed himself back upward, passing along the stormwall, the windspren he?d attracted spiraling about him and laughing with pure joy. As he crested the top of the storm, they burst around him and zipped away, moving off to dance in front of the stilladvancing storm.

Hardcover: PAGE 1042
Revised word document: PAGE 1479
Current:
?That was very nicely done,? she said. ?Perhaps I?ll keep you around this time.?
Replacement:
?I didn?t kill him,? Kaladin said.
?Did you want to??
?No,? Kaladin said, surprised that it was the truth. ?But I should have anyway.?
?You have his Blade,? she replied. ?The Stormfather likely took him. And if not ? well, he is no longer the weapon he once was. I must say, that was very nicely done. Perhaps I?ll keep you around this time.?

Hardcover: PAGE 1043
Revised word document: PAGE 1481 / 1482
Current:
?This is going to happen again?? Kaladin said. ?That other storm is still out there??
?Yes,? Syl said, sitting on his shoulder. ?A new storm. It?s not of us, but of him.?
?Will it be this bad every time it passes?? Kaladin asked, surveying the wreckage. Of the plateaus he could see, only the one had been destroyed completely. But if the storm could do that to pure rock, what would it do to a city? Particularly since it blew the wrong way.
Replacement:
He found no sign of Szeth?s corpse. That could mean the man had survived somehow, or it could just mean the storm had buried the body in rubble or blown it away, leaving it in some forgotten chasm to rot until the bones were finally picked over by an unfortunate salvage crew.
For now, the fact that Szeth had not summoned his Blade back to him was enough. Either he was dead, or?as Syl had said?the strange weapon was no longer bound to him. Kaladin didn?t know how to tell. This Shardblade had no gemstone at the pommel to indicate.
Kaladin stopped at a high point of the plateau and surveyed the wreckage. Then he glanced toward Syl, who sat on his shoulder. ?This is going to happen again?? he said. ?That other storm is still out there??
?Yes,? Syl said, ?A new storm. It?s not of us, but of him.?
?Will it be this bad every time it passes?? Of the plateaus he could see, only the one had been destroyed completely. But if the storm could do that to pure rock, what would it do to a city? Particularly since it blew the wrong way.

Hardcover: PAGE 1045
Revised word document: PAGE 1485
Current:
?He is dead, then?? Teft asked.
?Yes.?
?You slew the Assassin in White,? Bisig breathed.
Replacement:
?He is dead, then?? Teft asked.
?Near enough.?
?You defeated the Assassin in White,? Bisig breathed.

Hardcover: PAGE 1058
Revised word document: PAGE 1503
Current:
Adolin had left a Stormlight lantern for her that was extravagant, considering how few lit gemstones they had?and it showed a small square chamber with a stone bench in the corner.
Replacement:
Adolin had left a Stormlight lantern for her?that was extravagant, considering how few lit gemstones they had?and it showed a small square chamber with a stone bench in the corner.

Hardcover: PAGE 1062
Revised word document: PAGE 1510
Current:
?Why am I not dead?? he whispered. ?The Shardblade pierced me. I fell. Why didn?t I die??
Replacement:
?Why am I not dead?? he whispered. ?I released my bond to the Shardblade. I fell into the storm without Lashings. Why didn?t I die??

Hardcover: PAGE 1062
Revised word document: PAGE 1510 / 1511
Current:
?Like a drowned man restored to life with the proper ministrations, you could be restored with the right fabrial. If I had waited seconds longer, of course, it would have been too late.?
Replacement:
?Like a drowned man restored to life with the proper ministrations, you could be restored with the right Surgebinding. If I had waited seconds longer, of course, it would have been too late.?

Hardcover: PAGE 1064
Revised word document: PAGE 1513
Current:
Still kneeling, Szeth looked up after the man. ?My people have the other Honorblades, and have kept them safe for millennia.
Replacement:
Still kneeling, Szeth looked up after the man. ?You are right. My people have the other Honorblades, and have kept them safe for millennia.

Hardcover: PAGE 1064
Revised word document: PAGE 1513
Current:
?I have brought a Shardblade for you.
Replacement:
?I have brought a replacement Shardblade for you.

Phayd

Thanks for posting that Arative.
Looking forward to Szeth/Nightblood interactions, and I wonder if Vasher/Zahel will try to get the blade back?