All things Brandon Sanderson

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'll just say I hope this guy never dies. Apparently there are plans for 6 total books with Hoid as the main character. Do want. A sci-fi Mistborn series with him as the main character sounds very interesting. That's probably a decade away though, at best.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Sanderson should be declared a world heritage site and national monument, and forced to be cloned forever to keep writing.

Needless

Toe Sucker
sanderson da god. he tweeted this earlier this morning:

"That's a wrap! Dalinar flashbacks are done. 55,000 words/15 chapters. I'm very excited about them. Still a lot to do on the book, though."

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
15 chapters of only Dalinar flashbacks? Not sure if that is a good thing or not, if there are a lot of "flashbacks" where he is in another persons body from the distant past to reveal some history about Odium / old gods...that would be cool.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
15 chapters of only Dalinar flashbacks? Not sure if that is a good thing or not, if there are a lot of "flashbacks" where he is in another persons body from the distant past to reveal some history about Odium / old gods...that would be cool.
Eh, seems similar to what he has done so far. One character gets the flashbacks to fill out their backstory in each book. First was kaladin, second was shallan, looks like this one will be dalinar.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Lots of Dalinar flashbacks of him in Shardplate fucking shit up will not be bad. He's kind of a badass.

I might have interpreted it wrong but with everyone and their dog being a Knights Radiant by the end of the second book, the power of Kaladin and those with plate/blade seems greatly diminished and thats too bad. It was a cool concept to have basically these invincible guys out wrecking shit on the battlefield.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I think the Knights Radiant will still be rare enough to keep that kind of concept moving forward. Even in his flashbacks, Knights were rare enough to lose often.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm pretty fucking curious what boon he got that caused him to completely forget his wife for one, which will be explained in that book.

Dalinar's pov was supposed to be book 4 i think too? I was really looking forward to the original idea of Szeth being book 3. Szeth is such a badass!

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
Didn't Sanderson say something a few years back that freaked people out, about us maybe getting flashbacks from dead characters or the like? Would guess he decided he'd rather give us Dalinar in book 3 before he kills him and save Szeth for book 4.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well, I just finished Words of Radiance.

Too much Shallan, especially the flashback which I thought were boring as hell, and so predictable. The contemporary part of the story were passable.

The rest though was pretty awesome. I really enjoy the setting and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sorry if it's been posted before but what's the suggested order for reading through Sanderson's cosmere stuff?

Phayd

Golden Knight of the Realm
The Mistborn trilogy, Alloy of Law, Warbreaker, then The Stormlight Archives. After that, he has quite a few smaller books set in the the same universe as well as a super hero trilogy. That's my suggestion.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Just read publication order. It really doesn't matter, all the series are independent of each other so just read through them. You may pick up on the links through all the different stories, but you might not. Once you're done just read a wiki or a fansite and they'll dot all the lines for you and you can go "oh yeah..." then you know what to look out for when the new books come out.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd recommend publication order as well. The quality of writing improves noticeably, and it's always better to get better works as you progress than to go downhill. I even enjoyed the Mistborn stuff on re-reads, which is uncommon for me.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just read my first Sanderson by accident. Gf got it at airport and hatred it. The rirhmatist? Kinda high school reading level but was still enjoyable. Definitely see the Mormon angle. While I didn't mind no cursing innocence, it still has gore. But was getting impatient fit the main character and the girl to get it on already. Don't even make out jeesus.

Aside from the fantasy books are there worthwhile sci Fi? I loved the rithmatists followable chalk system that made sense. Id love to see a sci Fi equivalent quality. But I'm Leary of another poster taking about protagonists going ask dbz/too powerful.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Perfect State is probably the closest to Sci Fi and even that is stretching it. There is supposed to be a follow up to Rithmatist coming out next year. Legion isn't fantasy so may be of some interest. And then he has the Superhero genre in Reckoners. So you certainly have options if Fantasy isn't your bag, all are pretty enjoyable. I will say that if you were interested in the 'magic' behind the Rithmatist, his magic systems being unique and detailed are kind of a big thing with his writing. The Alloy system in Mistborn or the ... Shit drawing a blank sitting here at lunch.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Supposedly eventually mist born is going space opera.. when he gets to hoid It sounds like there will be some space sci-fi as well

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
This was posted on Twitter.
rrr_img_110252.jpg