amanda berry found..more importantly, awesome black man in cleveland.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyways, the Ohio prosecutor is probably seeking the death penalty for this dude now, the fact that he forced miscarriages falls under their murder statute. Not confirmed but they said today they're looking into it.
Translation: the Ohio state's attorney is making noise about the death penalty because it sounds good politically in this situation, but has no real intention of trying this guy for murder because you could never prove it.

*edit*

Also, I haven't paid any attention to this, so I don't know how many prisoners this freak had, but my guess is that at least one of them ends up in jail/institutionalized, one ends up attempting/committing suicide, and one ends up with a bondage fetish but otherwise relatively normal (relative to someone who has gone through this kind of shit anyway).

P.S. I wouldn't mind dating #3

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
One of the kidnap victims, Michelle Knight, was a victim before getting kidnapped.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...a-DeJesus.html

Michelle refuses to have contact with her family.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...ed_by_tro.html

Michelle was raped by some athletes at school. Since they were sports stars, her reports were ignored by the school and police. Police refused to press charges. So she dropped out of high school to raise the baby.

The mother was a drug addict who invited her dealer to move in with her. The dealer beat Michelle's infant, but the mother blamed the daughter. So child protective services took the child. Michelle was kidnapped the day she was supposed to appear at the hearing to get custody back. The mother told the authorities that she ran away due to shame. 15 months after she was kidnapped, when the authorities tried to confirm Michelle was still missing, Barbara refused to confirm it, so the FBI took her off the missing persons list.
http://www.19actionnews.com/story/22...n-the-hospital

http://statecasefiles.justia.com/doc...-ohio-3667.pdf
He appealed his plea bargain, and that appeal was upheld.
God that is terrible. CNN had an article about her refusing to see her family the other day but they made it seem as if she was bitter about them giving up the search. Way to go, CNN. The only silver lining behind all this is with the profile of this case she will get the support she needs to help her.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
There is a thing where people who are victimized as children often get victimized again. It's like the weirdos can smell it on them and they actually wind up being attracted to scumbags like the guy who fucked with them when they were young.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is a thing where people who are victimized as children often get victimized again. It's like the weirdos can smell it on them and they actually wind up being attracted to scumbags like the guy who fucked with them when they were young.
Well, its nice to know there's really someone for everybody!

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Yeah this seals it, I'm definitely moving to Ohio. These chicks are in Cleveland?
rrr_img_24679.jpg

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure we are all familiar with daddy issues girls. Though in this case im pretty its just the badluck of getting snatched off the street by the devil.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Translation: the Ohio state's attorney is making noise about the death penalty because it sounds good politically in this situation, but has no real intention of trying this guy for murder because you could never prove it.
I'd say the 3 girls as witnesses would be enough to convict. Is there a jury on the planet that would believe him over them?

iannis

Musty Nester
I suspect he never sees a courtroom -- and the strategy of the defense is "1 million years of jail is FINE. Stick him in a hole and let him rot. Just don't EXECUTE him." It's gonna take a hard nose prosecutor running for re-election to take it into a courtroom and put all the grisly shit on the public record.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd say the 3 girls as witnesses would be enough to convict. Is there a jury on the planet that would believe him over them?
I certainly wouldn't find a guy guilty of a capital crime based solely on the testimony of his victims. Now if a medical expert could somehow show corroborating evidence of traumatic miscarriages that matches the testimony of the survivors, then sure I'd be all for the death penalty.

I'm pretty sure putting all the grisly shit on the public record is a pretty major aspect of Justice.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Who cares about the death penalty needing the forced miscarriages? You'd think kidnapping 3+ women for so many years and keeping them as rape slaves would be MORE then enough to put a bullet in his brain.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, cause if a criminal seems like a particularly nasty scumbag, he should get the death penalty even for not committing capital crimes.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who cares about the death penalty needing the forced miscarriages? You'd think kidnapping 3+ women for so many years and keeping them as rape slaves would be MORE then enough to put a bullet in his brain.
Because we have laws and rights in this country and it has to be a murder conviction to carry capital punishment.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, cause if a criminal seems like a particularly nasty scumbag, he should get the death penalty even for not committing capital crimes.
No im pretty sure he does deserve the death penalty whether or not he punched those fetuses into miscarriage.