American Crime Story

Fedor

<Banned>
Damn, I can't believe this thread doesn't already exist.

3 episodes in and it is pretty awesome. The opener for the third episode was fucking hilarious. It was Robert Kardashian taking his kids out to eat and explaining to them that fame is hollow without substance and character to back it up. It was basically a big fuck you right in their face.
American Crime (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

American Crime Story - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about the FX series. It is not to be confused with American Crime (TV series).

You guys are misinterpreting what they tried to do with the Kardashian family. They weren't taking shots at them for being fame whores, they were showing how being so close to this highly public event helped show them into what they are today.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
First episode was terrible. I could only make it halfway through. It was b-movie overacting at every turn and the production quality seemed on par with a daytime soap.

Not to mention Cuba Gooding Jr is like half of OJ Simpsons size. Might as well cast Michael J Fox to play Tom Brady in the deflate-gate made for tv movie. That's how believable Cuba is in the role.
yeah I think Cuba was one of the weaker parts of the show, at no point was I buying him as OJ. the biggest problem is that he didn't come off the least bit threatening and more like a whiney little bitch. however, I can't think of any actors that would be able to do the role any justice. OJ is so unique and notorious that it would be almost impossible to do him in a convincing manner.

what this show really did a good job of highlighting was how remarkable this trial really was. beyond being an extremely high profile celebrity case, there were several huge swerves that really made this the trial of the century. the glove, the Fuhrman tapes, the jury revolt. not to mention the backdrop of all the racial tension in America and the fact that this was only a few years after the LA riots. really just an incredible story from start to finish.

a question for you guys; if you were on the jury, how do you think you would have voted? even though I know OJ did it, I can't see myself aligning with Marcia Clark and her token black. Cochran was too likeable, and the Fuhrman tapes led me to want the DA to fail miserably. I also don't have much sympathy for the gold digger and the 25 year old twat who got butchered. you fuck around with the Juice's ex wife, you gonna get merc'd.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
8 month case, i wouldve voted whatever way got me the fuck out of there the soonest

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
8 month case, i wouldve voted whatever way got me the fuck out of there the soonest
If you watch the ESPN documentary, both jurors they had on said as much. One kind of guised it in "well I thought about the case every day" but the other one straight up said "I wanted to go home, and fuck tha po-lice".

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally saw this on Netflix, I thought it was well done. I'm old enough to remember most of the trial (I even remember where I was when the verdict came down). It was fascinating to see some behind the scenes stuff. Weakest part was Cuba as OJ, best part was Paulson as Clark.