American Gods

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Count me in the "Anansi Boys is a series I both want to watch more and think would work better as a show" camp.

iannis

Musty Nester
GET HYPE

I hope they don't deviate too much from the book. Gaiman being EP is hopeful.

But they'll have to. Shadow has too many internal monologues, I think.

Those breakpoints will be interesting. Where shadow wakes up and its a whole new day. Usually those encapsulated a vignette, well see if they do them as stand alone episodes.

khalid

Unelected Mod

Super looking forward to this and it sounds great for the most part. Can't wait.

However, this had my eyes rolling hard.

Starz showrunners were on hand after the pilot episode's SXSW screening to confirm that, yes, "the book tends to get into a sausage party with Wednesday and Shadow." They're pledging to put more focus on female characters in the book, including Bilquis and Laura Moon. Yetide Badaki's brief turn as Bilquis in the pilot seems very promising for the kind of darkness she'll bring to the series, but I really want to see Laura get a better shot at coming off as a well-rounded character than this first episode permits (which the book affords her character, to some extent).

Xevy

Log Wizard
Laura???? LAURA??!?!? Unless it's her cocksucking greatest hits I don't think more of a close up on her is necessary.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Laura???? LAURA??!?!? Unless it's her cocksucking greatest hits I don't think more of a close up on her is necessary.

I'd be OK with this. I don't see the problem in making sure there's plenty of hot chicks sprinkled in with what I assume are hot guys.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
no
Did you read the quote from the showrunner? He seems to think the book is a sausagefest. That's what my statement was based on.
When you watch the show you will realize why that specific character will not be shown that often ....

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Remind me once it finally airs so I can come back and laugh about whatever makes "Laura's cocksucking greatest hits" so ridiculous.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Remind me once it finally airs so I can come back and laugh about whatever makes "Laura's cocksucking greatest hits" so ridiculous.
She dies to start the entire story off. She does so while cheating on her husband, the main character. Later on the story she is a decaying lich.

So she is a terrible woman to be wanting to have more of just to have more of. It also makes sense story wise to limit her appearances.

You can click that. There are plenty of spots for women in the show that Laura would be the last one you want to emphasize.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just finished the book a few minutes ago... was not my cup of tea at all. And I'm not sure how they plan to drag out a story that kind of drug on anyway over the course of multiple seasons... Excellent premise/elevator pitch, just did not like the meandering nature of the book whatsoever. I will watch the show and see if their adaptation of it clicks with me more.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I will say that it helps immensely if you have grown up / lived in the midwest and thus recognize many of the places that are mentioned / visited.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ya never did I ever think I would be reading a fictional story with cairo il involved.