Android/iOS/Browser games

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have been playing the Pathfinder Card Game on my Android. Game is free and super fun. The expansion packs take a long time to farm if you want them for free but there is enough free content to see if you like the game or not.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I played that Kings Road one for a while but what do you do for "farming". I started to hit a point where earning gold sucked and there was not really much more for me to do to increase my gear with at any decent pace
Yea, I've just hit that wall. I mostly just log in collect my stuff, level a dragon and log out. All these f2p games seem to suffer from the level curve in which the higher level you are the longer it takes to upgrade. I hate it, the longer it takes to upgrade the more I lose interest.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I have been playing the Pathfinder Card Game on my Android. Game is free and super fun. The expansion packs take a long time to farm if you want them for free but there is enough free content to see if you like the game or not.
I'll have to check this out. Thanks for mentioning it.

• 1Like

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm also glad to see someone who has tried it and gives it a positive note. The reviews on it make it seem not so good.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is literally a straight port from the card game. It's not made for the typical handheld gamer. I like it because it's like playing the card game without having to shuffle.

Fealorn

<Bronze Donator>
It is literally a straight port from the card game. It's not made for the typical handheld gamer. I like it because it's like playing the card game without having to shuffle.

I own the physical card game, i haven't played it in a long time but glad to see a mobile version. I'm going to give it a shot, downloading now.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have no idea, I have an Android.

Seems like it - Pathfinder Adventures I guess click the link on the front page.

I've recommended it before (on the original rerolled boards) and it was met with shame for having the same name as a shitty ass EQ expansion but War of Omens is actually a fun little card game. I've spent zero dollars on this one as well. The cards ramp up pretty quickly. The end game grind can take years to get all your cards maxed. I highly recommend it as a filler game and time waster. (It is also on Facebook) - http://play.warofomens.com/

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
Do you know what causes the gold to be generated during play? Had the Thief kill a monster got 9 gold, Cleric kills a monster and gets 0. I get that completing a scenario generated 100 gold, and I kind of expected that, but it would be nice to know what else I can do to generate gold since it looks like that is how you unlock other adventures (and maybe even characters).

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've never really paid attention to how I got gold. I do know that after completing all of the initial adventures I had enough gold to buy the next one.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Yea, I've just hit that wall. I mostly just log in collect my stuff, level a dragon and log out. All these f2p games seem to suffer from the level curve in which the higher level you are the longer it takes to upgrade. I hate it, the longer it takes to upgrade the more I lose interest.

This is why I have been in the market for *good* paid for games as I'd rather blow up to 10-20 bucks on a complete game than go through the F2P shit.

• 1Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Anyone do any DS emulating on iOS? If so are you jailbroken or not? There seem to be a few that are intended to work on non jailbroken phones but I can't get it to load.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Plants vs. Zombies: Heroes

Deck building game, sort of like Clash Royale but with a single player component as well as head-to-head, both competitive and non-competitive. Very easy to get into and understand. IAPs obviously.

• 1Like

moontayle

Golden Squire
Don't know. Just started playing and no intention of doing the ranked thing. But I think that's a safe bet to make.

Vinsent

Lord Nagafen Raider
Playing a bunch of PvZ: Heroes. Its pretty fun so far, really random and cant speak to how balanced it is. Some easy exploits: You can concede to complete the "play x games to unlock a hero" quests. Also has the bonus of if you chain a bunch of losses they will give you a free premium pack. IAP is not too heavy thus far but only been playing for a bit.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Are there any good strategy games out there?

Would be cool if a bunch of us could play together. I remember something like that on original FoH which I think was Travian or Evony.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Are there any good strategy games out there?

Would be cool if a bunch of us could play together. I remember something like that on original FoH which I think was Travian or Evony.
I would love something like that. I feel like mobile games will become a bigger part of my life soon. My WoW time will have to slow way down. Real life sucks.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Galaxy of Heroes just dropped a major update that adds ships to the game, which is a completely separate mode of play. You pair up ships with toons from the main game so it's not entirely something you do in a vacuum, but you do need to get ship "blueprints" (tokens) to star them up. Ships combine power from the toon it's paired with. Ships have separate experience and ability leveling items as well, so no sacrificing one mode of play for the other. It also has it's own currency, which is used to get more blueprints but also gear and tokens for the main game, including some toons previously only available via real money gacha boxes.

So far I don't have much to complain about. The initial tutorial basically gives you all the toons and ships you need to get started. This is probably the mobile game I've played the longest and while I have some gripes about how money grubbing EA forces the game to be, I've still enjoyed the hell out of my time and still log in every day to get stuff done.

• 1Like