Android/iOS/Browser games

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I picked upSilverswordafter reading the review at Pocket Tactics. It's an old school RPG in the vein of the original Bard's Tale. 7 adventurers facing multiple enemies and whatnot.

Here'sthe review. I'm enjoying it. The controls leave something to be desired at times, and it's anything but easy, but I'll be damned if it doesn't scratch an itch I didn't know needed scratching.
No droid version planned so far, huge bummer. The devs said they might be considering one soon though. "After the full game is released, around christmas" is the minimum before a port is started it sounds like.

Kaou

Molten Core Raider
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...FFIII_GP&hl=en

very good game if you havent played it, or if you've only played the original. Expensive but its the full game, dont let the early credits fool you. theres a bunch of cracked versions if your not as wealthy as the rest of us 03'er's. Check it out, also check out Knights of pen and paper, i posted the link to that earlier in this thread.

btw, found out theres a cracked version where you dont need to root/jailbreak your phone.

happy hunting!

velk

Trakanon Raider
just used 5 stones on the machine and got a "Super Rare" Gryps Rider. Dual Light/Dark element, level 30. Did I just jackpot or is this thing the nagelring of superares?
The knights are basically ghetto swordsmen, but the dual element is pretty handy. This post had the best rundown of stuff from the random machine that I've run across :

http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussi...e-dragons.html

It's a good read, as most of the things that look fantastic aren't actually all that useful in the long run, or if they are useful it requires a mind blowing amount of work to get there.

Probably the most counterintuitive thing is that the red starter dragon is a better team leader than 98% of the rare pulls, so I wouldn't sweat whatever you get too much.

( Note that most of the 'best' ones it mentions are very long term, and will have a horrible starter experience - starting with a dark swordsman is a far smoother ride than starting with the Norse God Loki for example ).

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Red metal dragon day, I evolved my starter dragon to 5* this morning (using the boss from the Tuesday red expert dungeon as my final missing material piece) so red metals = woohoo xp.

[US] Ruby Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/8/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
A: 8:00 13:00 18:00
B: 9:00 14:00 19:00
C: 10:00 15:00 20:00
D: 11:00 16:00 21:00
E: 12:00 17:00 22:00

I'm still waiting to hear from the chap whose OP I want to borrow/copy from, will start a P&D thread once I get it. The Android version is as up-to-date as IOS and friends can be shared.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
The knights are basically ghetto swordsmen, but the dual element is pretty handy. This post had the best rundown of stuff from the random machine that I've run across :

http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussi...e-dragons.html

It's a good read, as most of the things that look fantastic aren't actually all that useful in the long run, or if they are useful it requires a mind blowing amount of work to get there.

Probably the most counterintuitive thing is that the red starter dragon is a better team leader than 98% of the rare pulls, so I wouldn't sweat whatever you get too much.

( Note that most of the 'best' ones it mentions are very long term, and will have a horrible starter experience - starting with a dark swordsman is a far smoother ride than starting with the Norse God Loki for example ).
Fuck, my head hurts from trying to understand all the information in that link. I guess I'll just mess around with the game for a while and gradually piece together what I can.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Sorted out a thread for P & D. Can get back to general ios/Android talk!

Sure is quiet after the christmas rush, Star Command is allegedly out this month but it's one of those "I'll believe it when I'm downloading it!" situations.

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Puzzle&Dragons Wiki (Not English)

I found information on this game very difficult to find. Luckily, chrome can translate the Asian page decently enough to get around and answer some questions.

After going to the page, just right click and hit translate to English. The front page doesn't translate great, but the individual entries seem to translate... decent enough. The "Pet trade-off instructions" and "Pet feeding studies" sections are pretty good for basic info (they are the 3rd and 4th to last links on the left side).

Fazana_sl

shitlord
A fantastic game popped up on IOS yesterdayThe BlockheadsIt's free to play with the IAP offering half crafting time for ?1.99 ($2.99 presumably) which is their form of charging for the game if you like it. There is also a crystal currency but you can mine them ingame so it's only for the impatient. What is it? Basically a mix of Minecraft/Terraria with a fantastic control scheme for a touch device. You can queue commands so if you want to dig 3 down and 4 across it will work through the task list etc.

It also has 2 person multiplayer with voice chat through Gamecenter.

Edit: VVV They really need to launch that on ios >.<

moontayle

Golden Squire
Beastie Bay

This is another one of those Kairosoft games, but I found it to have much more depth than their typical fare (plus it's free with a banner ad, removal costs a few bucks).

It has a "gotta catch 'em all" beast battling system on top of the classic Kairosoft style sim stuff. There are a good amount of secrets too. Definitely worth playing.

Also they have a pay4currency system, but the coins are also received randomly from doing dungeons, and rarely if one of your beasts harvests a 5 star land square. Later in the game you can set up beast houses surrounded by 5-star environments, which can allegedly net 100+ coins an hour (45 beasts equipped with +work bandanas surrounded by eight 5-star squares. It is NOT pay to win, the coins are needed to do some content, but by the time you really need them, you can farm them.
Fuck you. Seriously. Fuck you. What have you done to me!? Kairosoft games are good, yes, but this is fucking addicting... and FREE!

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Just reiterating the recommendation for Blockheads, my lad has played it most of the weekend. There's loads of content out of the box and considering it's at the top of several countries charts hopefully enough people are IAP'ing for him to add lots of stuff. The GUI and controls look bloody good from when I was watching over his shoulder, being able to queue up multiple commands at once is nice and saving up to bring in a second "Blockhead" so you can have a furnace bitch at HQ while you are out exploring is a great idea.

gs32

Trakanon Raider
Update title to include android!
smile.png

Paladog recommendation was the greatest!
I wish there was an HD IPAD version.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Beastie Bay is out on the Japanese appstore for IOS. It comes in English out of the box so all you need to do is make a JP account and off you go.

As per Android, it's free to download and start out and $5 to unlock the full version. It mentions ads but presumably they kick in later in the freebie version, not seen one yet myself after ten minutes or so.

There is also a new Final Fantasy game showing on the NZ appstore so we'll get it tonightFinal-fantasy-all-the-bravest/id581058256

Edit: The ads are simply at the bottom of the screen, if that's all the screen real estate they will take up then damn, Kairosoft are hella decent about not putting them in your face.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Those of you who have been playing Beastie Bay, do you have any tips/thoughts?

Does the game end in year 20 like most other Kairo titles do?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Can you craft baskets in Blockheads? I can't seem to find on what table to make them assuming I can at all.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Yes, the craft bench.

You can store full baskets/chests inside other baskets and chests but can only access them when they are on the ground, in the top layer of your inventory etc.