Android/iOS/Browser games

Loftish

Lord Nagafen Raider
Check out "Fiz", a brewery management game. The game released this month after a successful Kickstarter.

Plays a bit like the Kairosoft games (Game Dev Story, etc.), but Fiz is unique in its own right. It's only $2.99 and I already spent about 12 hours with it this weekend. No IAP or other bullshit. Definitely worth a try.

Fiz Gameplay Trailer

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Just got an iPad, looking for some good games to play. In particular, there was one I remember seeing at some point from this thread, but I can't find it fishing through the posts. It was a first-person old-school style RPG like Eye of the Beholder et al.

Anyway, recommendations for anything (except those card games like Bahamut etc) would be appreciated.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Kingdoms of Zenia I really like. I don't play it much anymore, but I got really really into it for a while. Even created 3 different gamecenter accounts so I could run 3 cities at the same time.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Just got an iPad, looking for some good games to play. In particular, there was one I remember seeing at some point from this thread, but I can't find it fishing through the posts. It was a first-person old-school style RPG like Eye of the Beholder et al.

Anyway, recommendations for anything (except those card games like Bahamut etc) would be appreciated.
Silversword is similar to EotB, closer to the original Bard's tale but might be what you're looking for. Old School and unforgiving.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
That's the one! Thanks man
smile.png

Doubt

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone tried/playing brave frontier? The game is very similar to P&D(5 stones for a rare pull, same fuse/evo system and so on) with the main difference being instead of a match-3 puzzle system, it's turn based combat like classic RPG's.

I'm on android, names Bob, player ID is 61328998.

Tried installing it twice. It failed both times when updating itself, claiming connection error. Before I bother trying again, I guess I should check something. I've played plenty of different games with a similar pull system. When you say that it has a classic RPG style battle system, how in depth do you mean that? Too many of these games just have you grind/pay for a party, and then hit the attack button. Are there different classes for party members, and can you control them individually (cast specific spells/heal/taunt), or is it literally just hit attack and hope your stats are higher than the opponent?

Doubt

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's formatted like PAD, characters have an active skill and leader skill, same colors and everything,nochacter class's, rares from the rare egg machine ranging from 3-5 star, with commons from pal machine-common dungeon drops.

Instead of puzles its turn based-on your turn you canget a dmg bonus for timing attacks right called spark, and thers 5 potion slots for a variety of potions you can equip and use on your turn.

If you don't like the main game mechanics of PAD, stay away,if you like PAD, odds are your gonna get addicted.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I have been playing Brave Frontier like it is going out of style but then I am a sucker for fun RPG like games where you can pick it up, play for 30min/ hour and then set it down.

Just tried to add you Bob but your maxed. . As for me I am: Wuyley - 73787594

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
^^ ditto, despite getting dropped constantly! I suck pretty bad though, and the arena AI makes me wanna punch a baby sometimes.

Any recommendations on which units I should be keeping/upgrading? Never really got into P&D so I am a tad out of my element.

ID: Jack - 53924333

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Slayin is pretty enjoyable if you like those retro nintendo games. The classes I've played (3 of the 6 possible) all have distinct feels which keeps replayability pretty high.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I've been playing the shit out of Dungeon Keeper (on ios) today. It just released on the US store within the last few days, but it's been available some places since November, it seems. Anyway, if you're expecting DK3 you'll be sorely disappointed. It's more of a Dungeon Keeper themed Clash of Clans. I really enjoy it, for what it is.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I've been playing the shit out of Dungeon Keeper (on ios) today. It just released on the US store within the last few days, but it's been available some places since November, it seems. Anyway, if you're expecting DK3 you'll be sorely disappointed. It's more of a Dungeon Keeper themed Clash of Clans. I really enjoy it, for what it is.
With a shitload of IAP, right?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
With a shitload of IAP, right?
The "only" IAP is gems, but gems are used to hire more imps (builders), instantly complete construction/upgrades, provide various boosts to resource acquisition (whether raiding or harvesting), and a couple miscellaneous things related to raiding (and defending). I spent $5 on it just because it was the cheapest tier and I wanted to give themsomething. I don't think I'll feel compelled to spend any more money. (For reference, I did the same in Clash of Clans.)

Waiting for everything is annoying if you're approaching it like a PC game where you would expect play times of half an hour or more, but a good mobile game designs around play times of 2-3 minutes. The only reason IAP would be tempting in a game like this is if you're impatient (in which case I advise against playing games like this).

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
The "only" IAP is gems, but gems are used to hire more imps (builders), instantly complete construction/upgrades, provide various boosts to resource acquisition (whether raiding or harvesting), and a couple miscellaneous things related to raiding (and defending). I spent $5 on it just because it was the cheapest tier and I wanted to give themsomething. I don't think I'll feel compelled to spend any more money. (For reference, I did the same in Clash of Clans.)

Waiting for everything is annoying if you're approaching it like a PC game where you would expect play times of half an hour or more, but a good mobile game designs around play times of 2-3 minutes. The only reason IAP would be tempting in a game like this is if you're impatient (in which case I advise against playing games like this).
The game is getting hammered in reviews over the transactions:

Dungeon Keeper review Eurogamer.net

"Let's be generous. Those glimpses of the game Dungeon Keeper used to be are enough to earn one point. You can have the rest for 800 gems."

Score: 1/10

Dungeon Keeper review - microtransaction hell | Metro News

" A sickening perversion of the whole concept of video games, with nothing in the way of gameplay just constant cajoling for you to bribe your way to victory"

Score: 0/10

Read User Reviews and Submit your own for Dungeon Keeper on iPhone/iPad - Metacritic

Score (based on 75 ratings) 0.3/10

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
It's the typical builder game IAP, I don't get it. As much as I hate EA, that game is NOT something to bitch about, it is exactly in line with what a freemobilebuilder game should be.