Ant Man. July 2015

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well normal to them, when they come to our world they are tiny like the ant man ,but not microscopic.

You can read more about it here,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micronauts_(comics)

That series had a really cool bad guy that was kind of a rip off of Darth Vader. I'm not sure if Marvel has full rights to the microverse, or not tho.
Actually had a Baron Karza figurine jeld together by magnets, could be humanoid or centaur form, was cool. ;p

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Is that long curly black hair or metal made to look like long curly black hair?
On the action figure it didn't actually exist, in the comics it was all just battle armor, so it was metal made to look like whatever I guess.

Actually had a Baron Karza figurine jeld together by magnets, could be humanoid or centaur form, was cool. ;p
As someone that owned, and actually played with, a ton of Micronauts, including Baron Karza and Oberon (the white version of Karza), and might have the entire original run of comic books, I would also flip my shit if they actually made a movie. I'd prefer it be kept in their own universe, but then you'd be left with a typical Star Wars-type story really, so they'd probably bring them over to our world, assuming that it had no tie-in with Marvel, then they'd definitely bring them over here. Now that Transformers has been raped to death, I'd much rather see a Micronauts movie than another one of those. They did cross-over with the X-Men at one point in the comics too (I know I have those), which was actually pretty cool.

Also, Acroyear was the motherfucking pimp, and was far and away the best non-Karza Micronaut. Bug was pretty cool too, but my memory wants to tell me that he wasn't originally a figure that they produced, at least not until after the comics made him popular. I could be wrong about that though.

Acroyear being a goddamn badass. Let's see Ant-Man do this!
rrr_img_104490.jpg

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
So I went and saw it, and I enjoyed it a lot. But I do have a question.

Okay, so when he decides he's going to say fuck the regulator thingy and shrink further to get into wasp guy's suit, I see him shrink until he goes past the size of an atom. But how does that work when the shit he uses just reduces the space in between atoms? I mean he's made of atoms, how can he shrink himself smaller than the shit he's made of?

Also, that shit where he puts the growth shurikan in the belt to grow back was some lazy ass daus ex machina shit. Otherwise I enjoyed the movie.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So I went and saw it, and I enjoyed it a lot. But I do have a question.

Okay, so when he decides he's going to say fuck the regulator thingy and shrink further to get into wasp guy's suit, I see him shrink until he goes past the size of an atom. But how does that work when the shit he uses just reduces the space in between atoms? I mean he's made of atoms, how can he shrink himself smaller than the shit he's made of?

Also, that shit where he puts the growth shurikan in the belt to grow back was some lazy ass daus ex machina shit. Otherwise I enjoyed the movie.
Comic book science or a Wizard did it. That is the answer to all scientific questions in comic book movies.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
well, pym IS a scientist supreme of earth... SO HE'S A SCIENTIST WIZARD! both explanations are valid.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
cpLKW.jpg

yes, there is such a thing
yes, he is cross dressing and wearing his dead wifes uniform

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Not that I ever had any investment in Hank Pym in particular, but it's like lanx is slowly crushing my childhood piece by piece with all these depictions of how horrible comics can be at times
frown.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not that I ever had any investment in Hank Pym in particular, but it's like lanx is slowly crushing my childhood piece by piece with all these depictions of how horrible comics can be at times
frown.png
You think that's bad, you should see Hank in the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon. Crybaby wannabe pacifist constantly bitches about how they aren't trying to rehabilitate super villains, has no idea Ultron is getting ideas of genocide right under his nose, then in season two fakes his own death and starts pretending to be Yellowjacket, Janet figures out it's him, and nobody even bats an eye. Just, 'ok Hank, wanna be an Avenger as Yellowjacket now?'

j00t

hank is one of those characters that is good in theory. he's brilliant, but he's a grade a douche. so even his friends don't really like him. but he's a good guy so the keep him around. it fleshes out the reality of the characters. you're going to have people that are ultimately good people, but their attitude is so piss poor that it's an exercise in patience just being around them. it shows that comic book characters aren't just cookie cutter archetypes (even though they are, and they always just get shoe horned into those archetypes). it's just that you get the feeling that even marvel doesn't really like hank. they try to salvage him here and there but everyone just WANTS to hate him.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
frown.png
I'm OK with that storyline. You are probably just mad because he doesn't have an S as an emblem. Please wash out your sandy vagina.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it's just that you get the feeling that even marvel doesn't really like hank. they try to salvage him here and there but everyone just WANTS to hate him.
They gave him an out, during the skrull invasion he was one of the heroes taken and replaced, and janet was banging a skrull all this time, actually skrull hank gave jant an injection of a superbomb or something, that thor had to murder her or something. (Retconned) so even skrull pym was an ass. But they still kept it taht it was human pym that pimped slapped his wife, why didnt the writers save hank pym? Cuz fuck hank pym, we're making a movie about scott lang

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Finally saw it. It was a good show, but as I expected it's on the lower end of the spectrum for marvel movies. I'd put it just above the Hulk movies. Way too much stuff where you had to blame it on a wizzard. I'm disappointed we didn't get an appearance by montage man. Someone refresh my memory here. When they were arguing over who would wear the suit and the girl got all bent out of shape, how much time did they have before the big sale? Wasn't like a day or 2? Because that training montage was ridiculous for a day or 2.

j00t

I think hope said something to the effect of it being a few weeks? Said she wasn't on board with lang when she thought they had months, even more so now that they only have weeks.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Good movie. Has some flaws like the whole building full of people part of the plan but liked it much better then Avengers 2.