Ant Man. July 2015

joz123

Potato del Grande
Near me the theater has all movies all day for 5 bucks on Tuesday. Its like a buck more for 3D I think but its the only day I go to see movies now. Think it is also Cinemark.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
Just saw the movie and gotta say it was pretty awesome. Obviously not up to Iron Man 1 or Avengers 1 but definately up there. Loved the fight with the train at the end as well as the pet.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wish the train wreck hadn't been spoiled by the trailers but it still made me crack up when I saw it

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
only thing that annoys me about marvel is how the bad guy 90% of the time has the same powers as the good guy, but slightly different. I.e Antman, Ironman, just evil versions of the superhero.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
only thing that annoys me about marvel is how the bad guy 90% of the time has the same powers as the good guy, but slightly different. I.e Antman, Ironman, just evil versions of the superhero.
So like Zod, Sinestro, and that strong chick from wonder woman, and the mantis guy from aquaman, and how each of Batman's rogues gallery is just an aspect of batman himself? Man marvel sucks!

I'm just messing around with you. It's not just marvel but probably all forms of literature. A lot of video games are the same way. Not all, but a lot.

Caliane

So like Zod, Sinestro, and that strong chick from wonder woman, and the mantis guy from aquaman, and how each of Batman's rogues gallery is just an aspect of batman himself? Man marvel sucks!

I'm just messing around with you. It's not just marvel but probably all forms of literature. A lot of video games are the same way. Not all, but a lot.
"you and I are not so different!"

guys guys. I have a great new idea for an original villian.
Reverse flash. hes JUST like the flash. but yellow with red tints instead of red with yellow tint.

Guys gusy. I have a great new idea for an original villian.
Bizarro. hes just like Superman. But purple and talks funny.

Guys guys. I have a great new ideal fora n original villian.
Venom. hes just like Spiderman. but bigger and stronger and black.

Black adam-Captan Marvel...

honestly, the list is huge. comics love doing it.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider

Yeah dont get me wrong, Im not excusing DC either, they are just as bad. I should have said "Comic Books" instead of Marvel.

Fadaar

That guy
Never really thought about this whole thing, but it definitely does make a villain like Joker or Loki stand out a lot better. Great casting and acting performances help too.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That's why Batman (and the early era Teen Titans) are standouts in the comic book world. The villains of nearly every book are copied the hero, if only to make the inevitable battles more interesting. Really only in Spider Man, Titans, and Batman do you see antagonists with abilities greatly different than the hero(s). Its lazy storytelling, but it has been done forever in multiple forms of art.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
But with Batman being the super everything and being able to beat any hero, his villains are just one part of himself. Obviously there are outliers but Two face is his justice side, catwoman is the moral ambiguous and stealthy side, penguin is his rich and wealthly side, riddler is the detective side, joker is out there but mostly just a polar opposite and wild card which makes him a great foil.

I don't find it lazy writing. Well maybe some of them are, but the villain being an evil version of the hero is very common.

Column_sl

shitlord
Which teen titans? Because New Teen Titans ( the famous one) had a bunch a crazy motherfuckers, they were fighting gods at one point.

Trigon, brother blood, Terra etc etc

rrr_img_105839.jpg

Caliane

yeah. Bane, Dr. Hurt, owlman, Joker, Ras. all Batman Mirrors.

The killing joke is one big, "you're not so different you and I"
Bane is probably the most like Batman as a whole. And kindof a Vemon character. exists solely to beat the Hero by being them+1 better.

Caliane

not really coming up with any evil Robin mirrors. Jason/Red Hood I guess?

Inertia-kid flash.
Starfire-Blackfire.
Raven-Raven.

Nu52 Cyborg literately his own cybernetic implants in Grid.
Donna Troy-dc editorial.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So better than I expected but that god damn asian youtube cunt at the end completely ruined the movie. Hope that hypocritical bitch had to fuck an old and decrepit Stan Lee to be in it.

Also is movies making fun of themselves the new meta in Hollywood?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
But with Batman being the super everything and being able to beat any hero, his villains are just one part of himself. Obviously there are outliers but Two face is his justice side, catwoman is the moral ambiguous and stealthy side, penguin is his rich and wealthly side, riddler is the detective side, joker is out there but mostly just a polar opposite and wild card which makes him a great foil.

I don't find it lazy writing. Well maybe some of them are, but the villain being an evil version of the hero is very common.
I don't really agree with the idea that Batman's villians are just one part of himself. I think Batman is such a well rounded and complex character with a vast assortment of tools that other mortals he might fight are naturally subsets of him as a consequence, rather than by design.

Ex: I feel like the riddler wasn't created when they said, "Let's take Batman's detective side and make a character that focuses on that one aspect." I think they just said, "Let's make a puzzle dude." or "Let's make a dude that serves as a good platform for the greatest detective.".

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, i would say that all (or most) of batman's villians were created simply in contrast to a guy dressed as a bat. which, is SORT of the same thing, but not really. originally, batman's villians were just common street thugs, but that got boring. So they created villians that matched his... eccentricities as a hero. I don't know if they designed them specifically as opposite sides of the same coin or just as platforms to accent specific skill sets. But i also don't know if the difference between those two things is anything more than academic because it ends up with the same result. "Batman is functionally a sociopath. he's got his own set of moral codes that he's not willing to bend on. Let's throw a more classic sociopath at him that also goes by his own moral code. The difference is that this joker's code is completely amoral to anyone but him." or "Batman's greatest weapon is his image. just his silhouette causes intense fear in his enemies. well, what if we took that aspect and gave it to someone who used fear against the innocent?"

there's not a lot of difference between that and "this guy is going to use widespread fear on innocent people but BATMAN WILL SHOW HIM TRUE FEAR!!"