Apple agrees to buy headphone maker Beats for $3bn

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_68075.jpg
rrr_img_68076.jpg

Wrong dude. Sorry to burst your bubble but anyone who wore lipstick and lace when he was part of the "World Class Wreckin Cru" was hardly considered a killer.
Holy shit Dre looked a lot like Nick Cannon when he was real young.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Cannon, like a gun? Guns shoot. Bullets kill. 187 on a Wakandan's ass? Yeah. Dre 1 - Tiger 0.

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
Apple could have brought this company instead for their headphones at probably 1/1000 of the price they paid for beats

The Dash Wireless Smart In Ear Headphones by BRAGI LLC. Kickstarter
What does that get them though? I doubt they really care about quality of the headphones, they see the Beats name + headphones that cost $14 to produce. It's fun to rag on Beats and all, but lets be real: to the majority of the population high end headphones are Beats/Bose, that's really not disputable. Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, AT, etc might as well not even exist (and I say that as an owner of Senn HD650s). Hell, I've pointed friends in the direction of headphones like Senn HD598, Beyer DT770s, etc when they're after bass...they all end up with Beats.

You can't go anywhere nowadays without seeing a pair of Beats, as much as people like us hate to admit it they own the high-end headphone market (high end in price, not quality).

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Exactly. This was all about the brand, which is hugely successful.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The problem is in regard to "apple" though. Buying up brands to rebadge them is/was not what the company was about. Apple was about bringing new and innovative or easy to use products to market (ipod, iphone, tablet...etc) The apple brand has enough people buying up every little nugget of tech they produce. (They were the largest and most profitable comapny in US a few years back) And instead of innovating further with more innovative products, what do they do? Buy beats? LOL? Ask yourselves this, would Jobs ever do this? ths goes to show that without Jobs at the helm this company has nothing more new to show. Its getting quite apparent now more than ever how important Jobs was to Apple. If jobs wanted headphones, he would of revolutionized them, patented the shit out of them, slapped iwhatever the fuck on them, and sold billions of them around the world.

Mark my word, this new CEO will be the downfall of this company.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
No, Apple has generally been excellent on taking already existing products, re-making them with their own spin on it, and convincing the masses that it's the newest and greatest thing that they just invented. The Ipod wasn't the first mp3 player, the iPhone wasn't the first touch-screen phone, etc.

But I see your point, they've never really taken such an already established product as Beats and done anything with it. They usually copy something that is somewhat unsuccessful(at least by Apple standards) and then make their own version (Ipod/iPhone/iPad)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
But I see your point, they've never really taken such an already established product as Beats and done anything with it. They usually copy something that is somewhat unsuccessful(at least by Apple standards) and then make their own version (Ipod/iPhone/iPad)
Exactly.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Just because they own Beats, doesn't mean they are going to rebrand them. They could just continue to sell / market Beats and iCrap as two completely separate things.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah well Steve Jobs is dead and it seems like they've finally figured out what to do with themselves now. Can't stay stagnant.

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just because they own Beats, doesn't mean they are going to rebrand them. They could just continue to sell / market Beats and iCrap as two completely separate things.
Didn't they already say that's exactly what they're doing? I could be wrong, but I recall reading somewhere that the Beats electronics brand is going to stay separate.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I have no clue, but it makes sense. Why would they buy it to make it something else?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It does seem like laziness so who knows. I think despite it's small number of subscribers, this deal was more about the music streaming business than the hardware.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Beats headphones will sell like hotcakes at the apple stores. Also, Apple has made plenty of acquisitions before, Siri and iTunes both came out of acquisitions, just to name a couple.