Apple agrees to buy headphone maker Beats for $3bn

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
To be fair, I'd love my phone to use the mini USB port for headphone connection. I have no idea how this would affect headphones themselves, but I just like that it would force phone designers to stop putting the fucking headphone jack on the top of the phone.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Using the lightning connector for headphones not only means that you will be paying more for headphones, but also that you can't use the audio out and charge the phone at the same time. The upside is of course nothing except the phone designers gain a little real estate on their circuit board.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Why does it matter if its on the top or bottom?
Bottom is slightly better when listening to music at your desk. But mainly for use at the gym. I orient my phone in my pocket upside down. Bottom jack just makes more sense.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I'm glad I've made the switch to bluetooth headphones. Using them in the gym is so much better without the wire dangling all over the place.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've been considering that. I don't particularly like buying electronics or accessories that require charging if it's not necessary.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Plus most of them are huge. You can't carry them in your pocket when you're not using them like ear buds.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Plus most of them are huge. You can't carry them in your pocket when you're not using them like ear buds.
They have been bluetooth earbuds on the market recently

example:
Amazon.com: Jarv NMotion Sport Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Stereo Earbuds/Headphones with In-Line Microphone
Amazon.com: ECSEM? Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/Running Accessories

Just a simple search on Amazon gave these results. Not that expensive so if you are looking for a throwaway pair of headphones for the gym then its pretty decent.

I've got myself a pair of these to use at the gymAmazon.com: SoundBot? SB220 Bluetooth Noise-Cancellation Stereo Headphone for Music Stream Accessories. Not too bad and last a long time on a single charge. Might look a bit big for some people but I don't really care when I am at the gym. I just want my music and concentrate on my workout.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yes, because the advantages of a wireless headset are almost pointless in a stationary setting.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
So you need the headset on to go to the kitchen? I have a wireless headset because even in a stationary setting it has advantages but holy fuck what a stupid argument.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I dont need it to go to the kitchen, but not being tied to something was the point. Maybe a bad one, but someone who still has a wire connected to his head wouldn't know that.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Wireless headsets as with everything has both advantages and disadvantages.

Pro: No wires all over the place, can move across the room with them on
Cons: Have to remember to recharge them, sound quality can be not as good as wired.

Most wireless headphones come with a optional wired connection anyway and unless you are a audiophile, the general people don't really notice the loss in quality.

It's similar to wireless console controllers. With wireless, you can sit back on your couch without worrying the wires getting tangled all over the place. That is a stationary setting too. Granted, it is not as close as sitting in front of a PC but I prefer my headphones to serve a multipurpose rather than just for PC. I would like to use it at night if I don't want to disturb other people when watching a movie on my TV too.