Archeage

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
So when is this shit actually going to go live and is it going to be awesome?

It's not using Rift's engine is it?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll just leave this here :

E6d7Xfn.png

And it's been removed from the game.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Probably was being exploited in some way. Definitely seems like a cool way to cut down on crime, heh.
I know I read about people using the "report" ability, which is supposed to be used for bots/cheats etc and then using the cloak to instantly send them to jail for 10 hours. Or something like that.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
Hopefully the removal is only temporary. I know I liked bounties and anti-PK guilds in UO, even if it meant harvesting my own head for the reward.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I imagine they will implement something eventually. 1st and foremost they need to exterminate the gold spammers. Shit has gotten bad...and honestly, what kind of dumb fuck buys gold in ALPHA? lol

zebus_sl

shitlord
I imagine they will implement something eventually. 1st and foremost they need to exterminate the gold spammers. Shit has gotten bad...and honestly, what kind of dumb fuck buys gold in ALPHA? lol
Nobody, they are in the alpha test to alpha test their gold farming methods and marketing strategies, their actually doing their part unlike you guys treating this like a free trial, pfft.

On a serious note, if anything be glad their are spammers and gold farmers in alpha, this gives Trion more of a chance to come up with a good counter for them, in that regard they are actually serving a pretty important "testing" function.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've become immune to them. It helps that I rarely venture outside the guild/party/raid tab of my chat box in any game.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would imagine Trion is letting them into alpha on purpose and just watching what they are doing. Then when release happens they are gonna drop the hammer. At least that's what I hope is going on.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I would imagine Trion is letting them into alpha on purpose and just watching what they are doing. Then when release happens they are gonna drop the hammer. At least that's what I hope is going on.
that stops them for how long though? its a never ending problem that isn't gonna be stopped until everything worth anything is completely bound, like gilda stars gold sellers are now hopping on that selling any gilda plan for $$$$ because the stars are bound, plans are not they wont miss out on any market, I bet if they could communicate well enough to sell honor for gold, shit if you hit grimghast and crimson rift that's 3k honor / day at 20g per 1k.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
that stops them for how long though? its a never ending problem that isn't gonna be stopped until everything worth anything is completely bound, like gilda stars gold sellers are now hopping on that selling any gilda plan for $$$$
I haven't played Rift in a long time but my understanding is that Trion has almost completely stopped gold spamming and selling.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I haven't played Rift in a long time but my understanding is that Trion has almost completely stopped gold spamming and selling.
I never played rift, but if they are able to do it, has blizzard just been to lazy to bother? because my cousin still buys gold like a neckbeard in WoW to this day, for dumb shit like buying wins in arena yes hes that fucking bad.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure you will ever get rid of the problem, especially in a game like this. Considering the only 100% solution is for idiot gamers to not buy gold.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
not sure why youd call people who buy gold idiots. Ive never done it personally but I can understand the logic behind not wanting to spend your time getting it and just jumping to the result to enjoy yourself.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Not sure you will ever get rid of the problem, especially in a game like this. Considering the only 100% solution is for idiot gamers to not buy gold.
FYI ZOS implemented some anti-botting/gold seller measures in TESO several weeks ago and it's been extremely successful. I have not gotten any gold seller email spam in well over a month. The swarms of botters camping bosses has also disappeared. Two things I know that have been done are 1) put a cool down on ability to loot bosses (think its 1 hour) and 2) you are only allowed to delete 3 characters per day. The first measure got rid of the swarms of botters perma camping bosses. The second measure got rid of the botters who would create a character, run them thru the starter area and loot/sell everything, then delete the character and do it all over again 24/7. In combination with that, the vendor sale value of all looted crafting mats was reduced to zero. End result is botters can't make easy gold anymore so they have disappeared.