Archer

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Internet posters are such fucking drama queens. It was worse than other seasons, still better than 95% of other comedy.
No it wasn't. You are the opposite. You are the biggest Archer fanboi around. You'll defend it like Tenks defends Blizzard and ManOWar defends Nintendo. The last season was actually really bad. Yes, that one episode when it was Cyril, Archer, and Ray was good. That was the only worthwhile episode. The rest was completely forgettable and pretty terrible.

spronk

FPS noob
95% is a bold claim. I will list the 2013-2014 shows that I thought were funnier:

- Brooklyn 99
- Parks and Rec
- Bobs Burgers
- Nathan for You
- Key & Peele
- South Park
- Silicon Valley
- Broad City
- Veep
- Review
- League

Thats at least 10 shows, which means you'd have to list 190 other comedy shows in order for Archer to be better than 95% of them. I also left out stuff like Louie, Its Always Sunny, New Girl, and Mindy Project since thats more subjective but the list could double for some.

QED, 95% is a gross exaggeration and you sir are wrong. Perhaps closer to 50%.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You are the biggest Archer fanboi around. You'll defend it like Tenks defends Blizzard and ManOWar defends Nintendo.
If only I could refute that with a post from the past 3 days!!

It won't be any better if the episodes still feature Archer being bad at everything and the side characters being the main focus most of the time. Last season the jungle episodes with Archer/Ray/Cyril were fantastic. Most of the rest varied from mediocre to "WHY HAVE THEY DONE THIS!?"
95% was an exaggeration obviously, but I feel thoroughly chastened by spronk's list.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
That episode was great, but I didn't finish the season either. Silicon Valley and Brooklyn 99 are the only shows on that list I kept up with. Never even heard of Review, but googling that for later.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
/Agree with grimlock. Archer vice was just the worst season of archer. If you couldn't finish the season, you only marginally liked archer to begin with. It was not terrible in the grand scheme of things. Obviously 95% was an exaggeration, but it's better than at least half, and real number is probably around 75%.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OnReview: It's weird and definitely not for everyone, but funny as fuck. Got better as the season went on and his life got more and more part of the show. I'm a big fan of Andy Daly from his appearances on the Comedy Bang Bang podcast so I guess I was predisposed to like it.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Even as cartoons go South Park, Rick And Morty, American Dad, Bobs Burgers and probably venture brothers were all better

Disp_sl

shitlord
/Agree with grimlock. Archer vice was just the worst season of archer. If you couldn't finish the season, you only marginally liked archer to begin with. It was not terrible in the grand scheme of things. Obviously 95% was an exaggeration, but it's better than at least half, and real number is probably around 75%.
Archer was the best new comedy I've seen since South Park, but I could only make it to episode 6 last season before I gave up. Don't know how the last few went, but the first 6 were mostly trash. Too much reusing of jokes and beating them into the ground, and the clever writing that made it so good was gone.

Homsar

You talking about VB? I didnt didnt feel like looking if they had a season that year. NM and Yes American Dad was better then that season of Archer

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Rick and morty and bobs burgers are total ass. They're not even in the same category. Those two are more comparable to catdog and rin and stimpy. I know some people like that stuff, but you look like an idiot trying to compare it to archer. It would be like saying archer sucked because GoT and Walking Dead.

Homsar

Rick and morty and bobs burgers are total ass. They're not even in the same category. Those two are more comparable to catdog and rin and stimpy. I know some people like that stuff, but you look like an idiot trying to compare it to archer. It would be like saying archer sucked because GoT and Walking Dead.
have you watched Rick and morty? Seriously wtf

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I haven't watched Rick and Morty but every. single. person. I've talked to have said it's the best animated comedy since Archer and that it was way better than Archer: Vice.

And I've talked to a lot of people.

Dozens.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I'm guessing he hasn't actually watched Rick & Morty. Sure it isn't the same type of humor as Archer, but it is incredibly well done. To each his own and all, and I certainly don't "get" every show that others love myself, but if you're old enough to have watched Back to the Future I don't think there is any way someone couldn't like Rick & Morty at least a little bit.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
95% is a bold claim. I will list the 2013-2014 shows that I thought were funnier:

- Brooklyn 99
- Parks and Rec
- Bobs Burgers
- Nathan for You
- Key & Peele
- South Park
- Silicon Valley
- Broad City
- Veep
- Review
- League

Thats at least 10 shows, which means you'd have to list 190 other comedy shows in order for Archer to be better than 95% of them. I also left out stuff like Louie, Its Always Sunny, New Girl, and Mindy Project since thats more subjective but the list could double for some.

QED, 95% is a gross exaggeration and you sir are wrong. Perhaps closer to 50%.
I would also add BoJack Horsemen and You're the Worst. You're the Worst is really good. I thought that was excellent.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah there's actually a ton of awesome comedy out there now. I always think of trash like Big Bang Theory or Two Broke Girls or American Dad and that's not fair.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
You talking about VB? I didnt didnt feel like looking if they had a season that year. NM and Yes American Dad was better then that season of Archer
Hey fuck you guy. American Dad is fucking awesome.