Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
In Jan it was like 265x5 squats, 275x5 DL, and 225x3 bench. Since then theyre 185x10 squat, 225x5 DL, 145x10 bench, which have all dropped 10-20lbs since Jan.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd probably need to see a video of your form to tell you whether you need to work on technique, size, or strength. But typically if you want to hit certain strength numbers, you need to practice higher intensity lifts.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Brahma how much do you weigh/how tall?

Crazy strong bro. Props.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Caught myself hating on a guy doing 1/4 reps on shoulder press the other day. Then I realized he was fucking jacked and figured, well, whatever works. It was more than I would be able to quarter rep.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Caught myself hating on a guy doing 1/4 reps on shoulder press the other day. Then I realized he was fucking jacked and figured, well, whatever works. It was more than I would be able to quarter rep.
I see a lot of really big guys doing very limited range of motion with completely insane weights, I can only assume they also do full range of motion with lighter weights and are isolating or doing something I don't know about. I just grab my pansy weights and do a lot of volume and call it good. Haha.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you're on gear, anything you do will work. Also 1/4 shoulder press is going to burn the shit out of your delts because of constant tension, it's really all about what you're trying to do. Phil Heath does quarter squats, are you going to tell him go full rom you pussy?

The best part of that video is Brahma doesn't even look like he's tight he's just like "ok well let's see how this goes." Wtf dude.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Brahma how much do you weigh/how tall?

Crazy strong bro. Props.
6'3" 295.

You absolutely do half reps on shoulders. Not sure about 1/4. Never lock your arms, never bottom out. I get a MUCH better burn and workout.

I see a lot of really big guys doing very limited range of motion with completely insane weights, I can only assume they also do full range of motion with lighter weights and are isolating or doing something I don't know about. I just grab my pansy weights and do a lot of volume and call it good. Haha.
To be honest my ROM just isn't there any more. I don't stretch, and over the years my injuries have prevented this a ton. Especially anything involving shoulders and legs.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
When I'm saying 1/4 I'm being generous. Dude was big and pretty damn lean so wtf do I know, he does something right.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
When I'm saying 1/4 I'm being generous. Dude was big and pretty damn lean so wtf do I know, he does something right.
Yeah, he pins lol. If you find a dude who's huge and lean, 99% he's on something. When you're natural, you kind of have to pick one or the other.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
6'3" 295.

You absolutely do half reps on shoulders. Not sure about 1/4. Never lock your arms, never bottom out. I get a MUCH better burn and workout.

To be honest my ROM just isn't there any more. I don't stretch, and over the years my injuries have prevented this a ton. Especially anything involving shoulders and legs.
Jesus dude you're 1" taller than me and 110lbs heavier. You weigh more than me and my wife put together.

Your shoulder reps look fine, I was always told not to go past biceps parallel with the ground on shoulder reps. You went slightly past that so you're good.

I end up doing like 65lb dumbbells on incline or 155lbs on bar and just do 3 sets of 10 reps, rather than trying to go heavy. I have wussy joints I think.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Late to the discussion about squats here, but this is my take.

You have to work the fuck off your legs for them to grow. What really works for me is supersetting. Ill do 3 "epic sets" after I'm warmed up. One set for me consists of:

405x6, just past parallel. Once I rack the weight, I IMMEDIATELY strip 2 plates off each side, only maybe 30s rest.
225x10-12 (as many as I can handle)
135x 10

That above would be an example of my last set of squats at my heaviest weight.

After each set of these, Im seriously on the verge of passing out, my vision will start going white after I rack the weight. Sweating through my shirt, huffing and heaving ect. I did this routine for a couple years now in order to work up to my 405lb squat.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Do you guys who squat 350-450 wrap your knees at all? I'm just getting into a weight range where I'm considering it, I'm pretty comfortable with my form just can't be too safe ya know? Doesn't help that my sport is golf so my knees and back rarely get a break.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Do you guys who squat 350-450 wrap your knees at all? I'm just getting into a weight range where I'm considering it, I'm pretty comfortable with my form just can't be too safe ya know? Doesn't help that my sport is golf so my knees and back rarely get a break.
Always. Wrap em tight as you can stand.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
After each set of these, Im seriously on the verge of passing out, my vision will start going white after I rack the weight. Sweating through my shirt, huffing and heaving ect. I did this routine for a couple years now in order to work up to my 405lb squat.
I get this sensation doing front squats, but it's probably just the bar choking me out.

Never wrapped nor worn sleeves. Fuck that shit.