Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
My poundages are reduced to 70% right now. I have a vein in my nose that needs cauterized. I'm getting uncontrollable nosebleeds, and had to make a trip to the ER. I bled half a day. I'm not used to working out the cold, like I have been this Winter.
lay off the coke

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I had been taking some of that Arnold Creatine Nitrate CR3 stuff
after a while of taking more creatine than ever before I was waking up in the morning unable to pee, it literally took 10-15 minutes of staring at my dick to be able to go. Stopped the creatine and it went away

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I had been taking some of that Arnold Creatine Nitrate CR3 stuff for a while and started feeling like I was having some heart issues. After a few months of this, I decided to switch to another C4 to see if hte formulation would make me feel better. First time taking it, energy was insane and I think I had personal bests in half of my workouts and was able to push myself really hard for over an hour. After I got home, I'm not sure what was up but I felt like I legit had a heart attack. I don't think I could even muster a grip hard enough to crush an orange and I felt really faint and out of body like I was going to pass out.

Since then, I've noticed even caffeine effects me like 30% as much as it used to. I've totally stopped with the powder keg of bullshit pre-workouts and go with straight Beta Alanine, regular Creatine powder, and a bit of caffeine. It definitely doesn't put me in the same mindset as the Arnold stuff used to, but my heart has felt great and I can still sustain a high intensity workout for quite a while - about all I'm really looking for.

Any of you armchair scientists want to troubleshoot my 'heart attack' or whatever happened to me and recommend anything I can do to repair whatever damage I may have done?
Go see a doctor dude.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
after a while of taking more creatine than ever before I was waking up in the morning unable to pee, it literally took 10-15 minutes of staring at my dick to be able to go. Stopped the creatine and it went away
Happening repeatedly or happened once or twice? I've had that happen a couple times but I never take creatine

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I had been taking some of that Arnold Creatine Nitrate CR3 stuff for a while and started feeling like I was having some heart issues. After a few months of this, I decided to switch to another C4 to see if hte formulation would make me feel better. First time taking it, energy was insane and I think I had personal bests in half of my workouts and was able to push myself really hard for over an hour. After I got home, I'm not sure what was up but I felt like I legit had a heart attack. I don't think I could even muster a grip hard enough to crush an orange and I felt really faint and out of body like I was going to pass out.

Since then, I've noticed even caffeine effects me like 30% as much as it used to. I've totally stopped with the powder keg of bullshit pre-workouts and go with straight Beta Alanine, regular Creatine powder, and a bit of caffeine. It definitely doesn't put me in the same mindset as the Arnold stuff used to, but my heart has felt great and I can still sustain a high intensity workout for quite a while - about all I'm really looking for.

Any of you armchair scientists want to troubleshoot my 'heart attack' or whatever happened to me and recommend anything I can do to repair whatever damage I may have done?
Whatmost likelyhappened is it gave you an anxiety attack, which is when you breathe too fast and leads to your body losing too much CO2. It will make you feel dizzy, can give you chest pain, and can make your hands go numb or sometimes "lock up". A lot of times your lips will start tingling or going numb as well.

The good thing is that there is no long term damage if that's what happened. It would help if you could be a little more specific on what you actually felt, how long it went on, etc.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I felt like if I stopped intensely focusing on being awake I would have gone unconscious at any time. As mentioned before, I felt extremely weak, couldn't really exert a grip or any put pressure on anything - this was a full body thing, but I noticed it most in the grip. I felt awake and lucid, but everything just seemed to be going slowly around me. No chest pain or anything. This started up basically right after the gym, so maybe an hour and a half after I took it, and lasted probably 2-3 hours from that point. This occurred this past October.

I think you guys are probably right, I'll try to book an appointment with a cardiologist.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
My new arm routine has me at just under 18" arms in under a month. My arms have always lagged, but I'm getting results. I don't do a lot of volume, and just grabbed a workout plan from bodybuilding.com. My volume has tripled, but it's working. I'd like to get to 20" and do it without drug use. That's an accomplishment, doing it drug free.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Aren't you benching close to like, 400lbs or something? Your triceps and thus your arms should be massive at this point, simply from stabilization. What size did you start at?

Biceps wise, GVT has always worked for me, but I'm a little dude and I rarely do pure bicep or "arm" exercises, simply because I generally get enough from compounds. That and I put on muscle mass fairly quickly if I'm focusing on size, which is not something I've been doing in the last couple of years.

How are you measuring your arms? Did you shrink a ton from when you posted the heavyLyrical pic a year or so ago? Your arms looked like, skin/flesh included, 18"+ already. You didn't look like a bro lifter, but you mentioned you don't do heavy squats/deadlifts so I would imagine with your time in the gym you're hitting the shit out of your upper body. Also, what's your rep/set rotation and exercise routine look like?

Genuinely curious, because from the outside I would have imagined you were clearly over those numbers by now. I know you said they lagged behind, but that seems like a lot compared to the numbers you've posted.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Aren't you benching close to like, 400lbs or something? Your triceps and thus your arms should be massive at this point, simply from stabilization. What size did you start at?

Biceps wise, GVT has always worked for me, but I'm a little dude and I rarely do pure bicep or "arm" exercises, simply because I generally get enough from compounds. That and I put on muscle mass fairly quickly if I'm focusing on size, which is not something I've been doing in the last couple of years.

How are you measuring your arms? Did you shrink a ton from when you posted the heavyLyrical pic a year or so ago? Your arms looked like, skin/flesh included, 18"+ already. You didn't look like a bro lifter, but you mentioned you don't do heavy squats/deadlifts so I would imagine with your time in the gym you're hitting the shit out of your upper body. Also, what's your rep/set rotation and exercise routine look like?

Genuinely curious, because from the outside I would have imagined you were clearly over those numbers by now. I know you said they lagged behind, but that seems like a lot compared to the numbers you've posted.
I never measure my arms, and didn't back then. Just for shits and giggles, I did a few months ago, and I was like 17 and 1/4. I wasn't doing a lot of direct arm work back then. They are 3/4" larger now. I freaked out, as I assumed they were larger then they actually were. My arms were probably 17 and 1/4 in those pics.

To be fair, guys lie about arm size just like they do cock size. And people underestimate arm size. Here are the routines I follow roughly (sans the dips, there's no way I can dip after I do close grip bench). The volume is roughly triple what I was doing, and the rep range is always 10-15. I was only doing 7-10 reps back then, and to failure. I seem to be doing better by not training arms to failure.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/guns...ee-months.html
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/iovate1.htm

P.S.: I'm squatting again.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I guess we're going with Arkk's thread for posterity, but it's weird because I don't think he had posted in at least 2 years.

He also had some other working out type thread. Can't remember wtf it was though.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Gravel said:
I guess we're going with Arkk's thread for posterity, but it's weird because I don't think he had posted in at least 2 years.

He also had some other working out type thread. Can't remember wtf it was though.

Gotta keep the continuity. On lifting, I personally am doing more and more maintenance lifting vs chasing gains as I top 40yrs old.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bulked to 245 as of last November, now maintaining 195 at 6' for the last couple months. My numbers have slowly crept back up now that I've been maintaining, and I'm within 20ish pounds of what I was doing at 245. My calisthenics have all basically tripled in reps since the cut. Feels good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I never had a dedicated arm day or did any isolation work for my arms really besides close grip and dips. They were about 14 inches at 222 pounds back in... end of May/beginning of June?

I'm currently 206 and they're 15 inches, so two months of dedicated arm work in a caloric deficit and I've seen growth.

Fucking powerlifting lying fucks!