Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I tried that shit when I was young and stupid(er) and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. You really can't be on anything other than a really small dose and try and lead a normal life. Your sweat has a yellow tinge to it and you're constantly sweating. Each dose lasts for a couple days so you're fucked for about 48 hrs if you take too much.
So, since you admitted it, I'll admit I tried it. My friend (that passed) turned me onto it, and told me to do my research to know the protocols. I took 500 mg of the crystal version. The results were astounding. I lost 15 pounds in 15 days. By day 11, the side effects were so bad, I quit. I lost four pounds after the cycle ended. None of it appears to muscle. And everything I read said that it took out 90% fat and 10% muscle.

I doubt I'll do another cycle, though. For one, I've gone from 250 to 234. I wanted to get my weight lower to make my insurance people happy. I might get into the 220's, but my BF % would be pretty low at that point.

The side effects were a bitch. I had to have a fan on me at all times, it got so hot. It is a non stimulant fat burner, and it actually makes you tired (as it interrupts your ability to absorb carbs). The side effects got worse every day. This past Sunday, I had problems getting out of bed, and Labor Day, I sat on the couch all day (couldn't get up). I also broke into hives all over my body on Labor Day. All of that has since faded. But one side effect I wasn't counting on happening, but knew about, happened. It increases some people's allergies. I take Zyrtec and Fluonase for allergies. It made my allergies worse, and gave me a full on ear infection.

I lost a pound a day, and didn't cut a calorie, and did maybe an hour of cardio over the 15 days. I ate over maintenance. Even at 250, I have a slow BMR. I've found I don't gain weight on 2,500 calories a day. Some days, I lost two pounds, meaning I was burning 9-10k calories a day.

But yeah, fuck the sides. Maybe others might be able to handle it, but 500 was to much for me, and I'm a big guy.

Below is me at 250, at 5'10". I'm not wanting to post after pics yet, because you don't look quite right after a DNP cycle. It pushes all of the water out of your muscles and organs, and makes you hold it under your skin. So your muscles go flat, and you look flabby, until about two weeks after a cycle. I honestly thought that getting to 234 would make me shredded, and I'm still not.

rrr_img_75627.jpg

Jim Russel

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you're resorting to this thing it means you've completely lost touch with reality.

You have no idea what long-term effects this shit has. BMI in itself is not a determinant of health. It's a reflection of your lifestyle, and lifestyle determines health. So reducing your BMI by poisoning yourself, despite lowering your BMI, is not healthy. You're actively harming yourself to make yourself look physically fit. Except you're not. This is the exact opposite of physical fitness. I hope you understand that.

With the determination it takes to get as jacked as you are, you could have easily lost that weight via cardio. Not as fast, sure. But at some point you decided to poison your mitochondria rather than run or cycle to lose weight. How is that a rational decision? What made you so averse to aerobic exercise that you would make such a poor choice?

Maybe you avoid cardio because "it slows down muscle gain." If you avoid cardio for that reason, you should come to terms with that fact that you care more about how your muscles look than your overall health. Yes, weightlifting is health-promoting in that it counteracts age-related muscle degeneration. But you only need a baseline level of muscle to stay healthy. Most of the health-promoting characteristics of exercise really only result from aerobic exercise. So you need to decide why you're putting in time at the gym. Is it to be healthy or is it to look jacked and chiseled?

Fuck this thread, I've complained so many times that weight-lifting should be separate thread than fitness/exercise. They're completely different activities with different goals.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Most of the health-promoting characteristics of exercise really only result from aerobic exercise.
1970 says hello.

Hump the other guy's leg that said he did DNP before I did, huh?

The side effects fade within 24 hours of cessation. Personally, I would not do DNP again, or would do it for a shorter time. The side effects start off low, and get worse every day. Day 7 I felt fine, by day 10, not so much.

As far as research, do it yourself if you are interested. There are tons of legit studies done on it. The people that harmed themselves were the ones that did not follow the protocols. I spent 30-40 hours researching it before I knew what I was doing.

Jim Russel

Lord Nagafen Raider
1970 says hello.
"little consensus exists regarding the benefit of vigorous exercise training on mortality and longevity of power athletes. "
Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, v13 n4 (201007): 410-416

I'm sure you're capable of finding an article suggesting cardioprotective effects of weight-lifting. But the research supporting that hypothesis is not strong.

The side effects fade within 24 hours of cessation. Personally, I would not do DNP again, or would do it for a shorter time. The side effects start off low, and get worse every day. Day 7 I felt fine, by day 10, not so much.

As far as research, do it yourself if you are interested. There are tons of legit studies done on it. The people that harmed themselves were the ones that did not follow the protocols. I spent 30-40 hours researching it before I knew what I was doing.
Sounds like you're assuming that if you survive the acute effects the drug does no lasting damage to your body. I think you need a better understanding of how science works before you decide to make health decisions based on your own research: Just because you couldn't find any articles proving negative long-term effects, doesn't mean the chemical is safe. It could mean no studies were done. Or it could mean that the limited number of studies on long-term or delayed effects were inconclusive. Regardless, this is a fairly uncommon exposure, so the amount of research on it is going to be fairly limited.

"We do not know whether DNP causes ... cancer in humans."
"We do not know whether DNP causes cancer in animals."
http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/tp64.pdf

Not to be alarmist. I don't think you should worry about cancer from a short period of use. There are factory workers with higher life-time exposures, I'm sure. And if the chemical were extremely carcinogenic a researcher probably would have noticed. But my point is that you can't know a chemical like this won't have lasting consequences given the sparsity of research on the subject. So even if you read everything out there on the subject, that doesn't mean you're capable of performing an adequate risk assessment of DNP.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not to be alarmist. I don't think you should worry about cancer from a short period of use. There are factory workers with higher life-time exposures, I'm sure. And if the chemical were extremely carcinogenic a researcher probably would have noticed.
That was the point in this trial run, I wanted to see what 21 days would do. I didn't last two weeks, the sides were so harsh. Labor Day weekend, I had two days I couldn't get out of bed.

There's no doubt, this stuff works. But the side effects made me wish for death, and I wasn't taking that much. 500mg at 250 pounds is not much. There still has to be some of it in my system, my weight keeps dropping, and I've been off for a week now. I know it takes time to clear, but I didn't read anything on a week.

I'm being extremely careful with my diet, I don't want to do a DNP cycle again.

Seanwin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was using No X-plode a good deal in the Spring. It is definitely effective, but if I hit it too hard I always ended up getting really queasy. People react differently to different products - I actually really like Cellucors C4. What I'm using now, and it tastes good and no side effects (yet).
Get someHyde
Best I've used in a while, barely any crash afterwards

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Way too much
I'm really not sure what your point is supposed to be. I doubt he was taking it for "cardioprotective effects", nor is that why most people lift weights. We do it to be big, strong, and look good.

There's also nobody saying DNP is anything but awful. It's very good at dropping fat, but just terrible in every other way

Disp_sl

shitlord
Crazy that Lyrical's buddy died from ingesting shit used in bombs and manufacturing just 3 weeks ago he would still consider using it...but only for a shorter time period. You've got a business and family to take care of and you would still consider ingesting shit that just killed your friend less than a month ago all in the name of losing 5 or 10 lbs. I can't do anything but just fucking laugh. Your thought pattern is so absolutely selfish it's beyond baffling.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Crazy that Lyrical's buddy died from ingesting shit used in bombs and manufacturing just 3 weeks ago he would still consider using it...but only for a shorter time period. You've got a business and family to take care of and you would still consider ingesting shit that just killed your friend less than a month ago all in the name of losing 5 or 10 lbs. I can't do anything but just fucking laugh. Your thought pattern is so absolutely selfish it's beyond baffling.
I followed every protocol in the book, and didn't take a large dose. I also had a reliable source. Oh, and my blood pressure has gone from 160/110 to 120/70. My friend did not follow the protocols. I won't get into specifics, but his wife told me exactly what he did wrong. This is not something you would take and then go to the bars, or even run three miles on a treadmill with.

All I can say is this is not something I plan on doing again within the next year. I have dropped 20 pounds of fat in like 2.5 weeks, but the stuff is just nasty, the sides get unbearable.

Jim Russel

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm really not sure what your point is supposed to be. I doubt he was taking it for "cardioprotective effects", nor is that why most people lift weights. We do it to be big, strong, and look good.

There's also nobody saying DNP is anything but awful. It's very good at dropping fat, but just terrible in every other way
My point is that weightlifting culture is not oriented towards improving health (as you openly admit). It's stupid that this thread is titled "Weight Lifting Fitness Thread," because that implies that weight lifting culture and physical fitness culture have compatible ideologies. They don't. We need separate threads for each topic because putting them into the same thread leads to unproductive debates that just boil down to underlying ideological differences.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
My point is that weightlifting culture is not oriented towards improving health (as you openly admit). It's stupid that this thread is titled "Weight Lifting Fitness Thread," because that implies that weight lifting culture and physical fitness culture have compatible ideologies. They don't. We need separate threads for each topic because putting them into the same thread leads to unproductive debates that just boil down to underlying ideological differences.
Quit crying and stop labelling all people that lift weights the same.

My resting heartrate has dropped from the 80s to 55-60, solely from lifting weights. And my original goal when I signed up at a PT only gym was to drop body fat. What is incompatible with improving health about that? Now I'm in the process of adding lean muscle, which will improve my resting metabolism.

All the supplements I use are fully legal and would not cause me to fail any drug test. A lot of the supplements e.g fish oil, magnesium are taken for health/wellbeing purposes rather than gainz.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Only a pussy would take a chemical to lose weight. Stop eating you fat fuck. Lift heavy you weak bitch. Simple.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think of vomit at the idea of taking even one more pill of that stuff.

My diet is pretty dialed during the week, it's the weekends that kill me. I usually eat a lot of junk food when I watch football, and that's on Saturday and Sundays.

My focus is to not go overboard on scheduled cheat days.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
People tend to way underestimate how much fat they actually have. Just by looking at your pic I'd guess you have a lot closer to 40-50 lbs to lose before you're "shredded". Also just thinking about the very subtle smell of the shit makes me nauseated and I haven't been around it in 12 years

Disp_sl

shitlord
People tend to way underestimate how much fat they actually have.
I agree. I thought I was relatively decent fat-wise when I started really focusing on dropping my body fat % 3 months ago. I was at 226, and now at 203 I still have probably 5-10 more lbs. until I'm down to the 9-10% range. Still have a little bit of love handles and fat on my belly.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Only a pussy would take a chemical to lose weight. Stop eating you fat fuck. Lift heavy you weak bitch. Simple.
The allure of DNP is that you don't have to eat less, or even train hard. Cardio is supposed to be a no-no. It makes your body feel like you are lightly jogging all day (and night). You do no more work, you lose a pound a day, and it's supposed to be 90% fat. It supposed to be a magical little pill that does all your work for you.

It does work as advertised. But on the two weeks I was on it, I had two days I couldn't get out of bed. I had to take an ECA stack to counteract the lethargy. And wouldn't you know it, on the days I couldn't get out of bed, I lost two pounds a day.

I'm getting sick right now thinking how bad the sides were. I read online about them, but you think that the guys complaining about the sides (that fade within 24 hours of stopping) were a bunch of pussies. When I got on a DNP cycle, all I could ask myself was why I was on that crap every day. I didn't have energy to sit at my desk, I had to drink two gallons of water a day and if I didn't have the fan running on me at all times, I thought I was going to pass out.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
"We do not know whether DNP causes ... cancer in humans."
"We do not know whether DNP causes cancer in animals."
http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/tp64.pdf

Not to be alarmist. I don't think you should worry about cancer from a short period of use. There are factory workers with higher life-time exposures, I'm sure. And if the chemical were extremely carcinogenic a researcher probably would have noticed. But my point is that you can't know a chemical like this won't have lasting consequences given the sparsity of research on the subject. So even if you read everything out there on the subject, that doesn't mean you're capable of performing an adequate risk assessment of DNP.
News flash, any time someone gets cancer people look for anything and everything they've ever possibly come in contact with to blame the cancer on that because truth is nobody has a fucking clue as to why people end up with cancer. RNG sucks for some people, that's just the way it is.

Seanwin

Lord Nagafen Raider
So 10 months in working out steady since I blew 2 disks in my neck. Up 20 pounds since Jan, 143 to 163 in the morning. Put up 205 bench for 1 the other day after months of trying 190, just by moving my grip in 1" each side WTF. 3 plate deadlift is supposed to happen this Wednesday!! Squat still a lowly 220 for 5, but in the last month I switched to 5x5 cause my partner is super tall and pissed that I'm getting stronger faster 5'8" vs 6'"2. I'm not totally sold, but it's quick, and being 37 and married with a kid (first ever new dad post on foh 5 years ago started by me) you start to get pumped about making gains in lifting more as much as when you were younger and gaining weight.

Ps stay off the dnp shit, would you drink bleach? You'll get the same effect, except you get to goto the hospital up front and know what the bonus side is.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Aaaand a dude snapped his leg in the gym today trying to do 6 plate squat.
The shit was nasty as fuck. Looks like he stepped off the rubber mat, and tilted wrong or some shit. His tibia couldn't handle the weight, and snappo. I couldn't look. Some EMT guy at the gym was there thank god, took care of him until the ambulance arrived.