Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon (FromSoftware)

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I actually skipped the AC in the dam mission without realizing it, so even though I killed the tetrapod it didn't count the loghunt as completed. Had to go back and kill both in a replay to get the checkmark.
I missed the tetrapod on my first (and second) run through of that mission, and did not need to kill the AC for it to count as complete (cause I had already killed him in prior runs), so it does not seem to need to actually get them all in one run.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Looks amazing for fans of the franchise and genre but otherwise getting mid feedback from people who actually purchased and played.

Buddy lasted maybe 2h before he went back to another game to get his fix elsewhwere for the night. Cited difficulty as the reason.

I told him to refund because if he can't get a full session in on a fresh buy it's probably not going to have any legs.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe From get enough budget for Chromehounds 2.
Something less jumpy with big aoe bullet drop cannons, capped movement speed...

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Beat the tutorial boss easily after some sleep.

This isn't a game to enjoy while drinking.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I told him to refund because if he can't get a full session in on a fresh buy it's probably not going to have any legs.

Accesibility is extremely low.

Huge difference witj Elden Ring where you can just derp about and gain upgrades left and right.

Edit; after unlocking bazooka game seems much too easy. Have done a bunch of missions on first try np.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Melee on ps5 seems a bit wonky...half the time when I hit the trigger bro just launches himself at target without swinging. Is it better to click out of boost mode first?

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Melee on ps5 seems a bit wonky...half the time when I hit the trigger bro just launches himself at target without swinging. Is it better to click out of boost mode first?

Try dual bazooka.

Great at close range also.

Melee is meh unless you really good.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You may not have been in range if it’s doing that? There’s a few ways to melee. Hit trigger once, hit trigger twice, or hold it to charge forward. There’s normal boost which you just toggle with circle, or the big blurry boost with clicking left trigger which you can pull out of with the stick, or melee out of.

I’d try the melee tutorial again to get the hang of them.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
After Heli its a bunch of easy shit.

Balance is way off
It wasn’t hard, you just weren’t used to the controls or not paying attention to the hints about staying off the ground. Stay off the ground to avoid explosions, boost towards it and melee. While falling to get energy back shoot missiles and rifle rounds at it.

Balance is fine, your mech build determines how badass or gimp you are. Tutorial level you are the gimpest you will ever be.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Game starts easy but ramps up if you’re not upgrading regularly. I like this game well enough but don’t love it. The levels themselves look really meh and the game feels like it was a side project. Also has the feel of a game that launches when a new console is released but with more polish. At $50 it feels like I coulda waited for the bargain bin sale but it’s still fun so whatever. Easy game to jump in and out of though given mission structure. Going back to redo missions for extra $ seems important to upgrade everything. Laser sword is pimp af

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
It wasn’t hard, you just weren’t used to the controls or not paying attention to the hints about staying off the ground. Stay off the ground to avoid explosions, boost towards it and melee. While falling to get energy back shoot missiles and rifle rounds at it.

Balance is fine, your mech build determines how badass or gimp you are. Tutorial level you are the gimpest you will ever be.

Bro I lost at least 3 honest fights while trying to melee the chopper as it went out of arena bounds.

Everything after is a cakewalk, maybe that fight just not for me.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, once you land on a customization that works for you, things come together quick. I wouldn't look up a build to use though because half the fun is trying different things and figuring out what works.

Game starts easy but ramps up if you’re not upgrading regularly. I like this game well enough but don’t love it. The levels themselves look really meh and the game feels like it was a side project. Also has the feel of a game that launches when a new console is released but with more polish. At $50 it feels like I coulda waited for the bargain bin sale but it’s still fun so whatever. Easy game to jump in and out of though given mission structure. Going back to redo missions for extra $ seems important to upgrade everything. Laser sword is pimp af

They skipped the PS4 gen AFAIK so I wouldn't be surprised if AC6 was intended to be a launch game for the current gen and just got moved way back on the schedule. AC2 was a PS2 launch game and AC4 was nearly a PS3 launch game.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Everything after is a cakewalk
Including the loghunt tetras? Not that they are exactly hard, but they're pretty annoying if you don't design your AC for them.

The rest of the missions leading up to the sub-boss (Wall/Juggernaut) and chapter boss are supposed to be easy, they're there so you can get credits to buy the stuff that unlocks along the way.

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Energy guns and missiles goes a lonnnng way

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Wonder if you'd would run half decent on a deck.

It runs fine on the deck. The problem is the game is not designed to be played on a screen that small. It gets hard to see what is going on and targets from far away. It is still playable though.