Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon (FromSoftware)

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yeah, you have to actually play the game 3 times on the same save. NG++ has some new missions and requires prior completion of both endings in different runs.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I also finished the first playthrough last night with quad shotties.

I am currently addicted to weapon bay builds. My favorite so far is laser lance +laser dagger on left arm and two shot guns on right arm.

Lead with the lance, and a shotgun blast, swap both, do another blast if not staggered yet, if staggered do the three hit dagger combo and shotblast,swap again, throw in a boost kick, laser lance and blast again.

Probably low on energy at this point, break off, wait for lance to cool down, jump back in.

Need a generator with a large EN pool to handle the drain but it's a ton of continuous stagger and damage.

It's probably not as good as quad shotguns but holy shit is it fun.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You’re doing yourself a disservice doing the endings that way. There are alt missions and shit in NG+ that are really cool and you can’t get the third ending at all (plus a ton of unique missions) without doing both endings on one save.

Did you ambush the Vespers or deal with the Red Guns?

I fought
Carla and Handler etc first, then reset it and did it over and fought Ayre which felt like the real final boss
. So on a replay I'd need to do the first one. I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna do the one run for now though so I wanted to fight both potential end bosses. Then again an NG+ would probably be really fast...

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I fought Carla and Handler etc first, then reset it and did it over and fought Ayre which felt like the real final boss. So on a replay I'd need to do the first one. I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna do the one run for now though so I wanted to fight both potential end bosses. Then again an NG+ would probably be really fast...
I just finished NG++ and it was awesome. A ton of new missions and twists and the final boss was imo the hardest boss fight of the game.

All the vespers at the same time revived as coral weapons, plus All Mind and two C Spiders all at once

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Second play through down onto NG++ pretty sure All mind is out to get me now...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Weight about 80k quad shotty so far is just devastating everything. Only thing it sucks against is defense missions and those rolling blades.

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
On NG+++ decided to do the Redguns mission as I think it's the only one I hadn't done so far...man just makes me feel like a dick. That's Fromsoft for you. RIP Michigan, you were a good one!
Think that's it for me, great game.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
On NG+++ decided to do the Redguns mission as I think it's the only one I hadn't done so far...man just makes me feel like a dick. That's Fromsoft for you. RIP Michigan, you were a good one!
Think that's it for me, great game.
I wish we could do a full Gun 13 Balam Campaign.

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Weight about 80k quad shotty so far is just devastating everything. Only thing it sucks against is defense missions and those rolling blades.

That tower defense level late in the game, try as I might, I couldn't seem to do much about the suicide drone swarm near the end. Using quad shotguns probably didn't help there, but yeah, even when I tried it with 2x gatliings most of them still got through no matter what.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
That tower defense level late in the game, try as I might, I couldn't seem to do much about the suicide drone swarm near the end. Using quad shotguns probably didn't help there, but yeah, even when I tried it with 2x gatliings most of them still got through no matter what.
Same issue. In the end I just had to be perfect up to that point so that they’d survive even after the wave hit.

Having some sort of explosive on your shoulder will help because they’re low health and the ae damage should soak a few at a time.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I knew those stun guns where insane, that is the PvP meta and it is making all my matches not very fun. Hopefully more builds get put out there.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What's the best shotguns? hit chapter 3 so currently have beginner, "long range" and the sweet 16?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
What's the best shotguns? hit chapter 3 so currently have beginner, "long range" and the sweet 16?
Sweet 16 isn’t worth using. The only ones you should use are the early game ones and then later the Zimmermans.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

This guy always makes From games sound super-difficult, and he makes this game sound way harder than it actually is. Farming levels to get money for parts? Most people are probably gonnna be overflowing in funds for like 95% of the game.

Still a funny video, posting it mainly because of the "you have to actually learn things" shot at game journalists.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Well while waiting for Lies of Pi I went ahead and platinumed this. Kind of bummed that very last weapon you get for obtaining all the gear is a cool melee coral weapon…but have no more desire to play at this point. Hoping for dlc!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Zaide Zaide did you know not to touch the right stick!? Or Move mouse once locked on!? What...the ..fuck. the auto lock is so good.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Pretty sure I never stopped moving my mouse lmao.
Try it, you can boost to stay on em. Absolute game changer. Makes the computers make way more sense with the difference ranges. Boss can blast past you and you just auto 180 whip and fuck them up.