Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The movie we deserved

a7ZQZor_460s.jpg

• 8Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Homsar

I don't know that meme, can someone clue my ignorant ass in?
Its a nod to one of the worst episodes of Rick and Morty. Its almost up there with Sand Snakes in GoT.

With that said Rick and morty is up there with the greats and the best cartoon on TV currently running

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

I always find it odd that a cartoon is rated up there with The Wire, Game Of Thrones, Breaking Bad ect.
As for Arrival, I thought it was good but similar to Interstellar and it was very slow. Definitely shouldnt have went in thinking it was going to be the best movie of 2016

Mort.png

Last edited:

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I always find it odd that a cartoon is rated up there with The Wire, Game Of Thrones, Breaking Bad ect.
As for Arrival, I thought it was good but way to similar to Interstellar and it was to slow. Definitely shouldnt have went in thinking it was going to be the best movie of 2016

I'd rate R&M as one of the best shows ever, period. The writing is just top notch. It exists in the pantheon with (early) Simpsons, best Futurama episodes, etc. for me.

Interesting find but I feel like that article is a bit... generalizing. You can't just say helium atoms function like photons and wash your hands of it, but using the photon slit experiment as a comparison tool makes sense. But there's been other research / theorization recently that may also explain the slit experiment if I recall but I can't find that article at the moment. Was like... a couple months ago?

Regardless, if time is a "dimension" in the sense that space is multiple dimensions, it makes sense that you could fuck with it in multiple directions. If you're walking on a path and there's an obstacle in your way, you'll take measures to go around it before you actually run into the object. Of course, all of this (and quantum mechanics in general) is a giant pile of some math and some random shit we don't understand and I certainly don't understand so who knows.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Without thinking too much about time-related paradoxes, I really like this movie

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
My wife kept talking through this and I was playing with my 3 year old and I thought the kid died prior to the aliens showing up. I thought she was using her time knowledge to go back and marry Renner instead of whoever the dad was. I was like, this movie is shit the daughter still dies? WTF?

B- on paying attention but I did think it was interesting.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I want to know what the hell the aliens wanted help with 3000 years from now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

cypis

Lord Nagafen Raider
My wife kept talking through this and I was playing with my 3 year old and I thought the kid died prior to the aliens showing up. I thought she was using her time knowledge to go back and marry Renner instead of whoever the dad was. I was like, this movie is shit the daughter still dies? WTF?

B- on paying attention but I did think it was interesting.
Time is a circle for the aliens, not a straight line - it was explained pretty well when they were discussing how they wrote: they knew where the sentence would begin and end. They don't have the power to change the future (that's why they need our help with something), they just know what's going to happen.
When she learned the language she started perceiving time the way they do, that's what the scenes with her daughter, the chinese general, her teaching the heptapod language etc. were for. Also that's why Renner hates her guts, it's because he can't look at the daugher like her. He just knows she's going to die soon and it's killing him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Time is a circle for the aliens, not a straight line - it was explained pretty well when they were discussing how they wrote: they knew where the sentence would begin and end. They don't have the power to change the future (that's why they need our help with something), they just know what's going to happen.
When she learned the language she started perceiving time the way they do, that's what the scenes with her daughter, the chinese general, her teaching the heptapod language etc. were for. Also that's why Renner hates her guts, it's because he can't look at the daugher like her. He just knows she's going to die soon and it's killing him.
That shit was not necessary

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
That shit was not necessary
What, his summary or the thing that made the whole movie what it was? Because if you take that stuff out of the movie, you have literally nothing, since that's why the aliens even came to us in the first place.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
What, his summary or the thing that made the whole movie what it was? Because if you take that stuff out of the movie, you have literally nothing, since that's why the aliens even came to us in the first place.
I mean her daughter background story.

overall I wasn't sure if I was watching a mockumentary or a drama or a sci fi.

maybe it was all of it. Drama part was pretty good. By the near end of the movie, it went full retard.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finally saw it and i liked it.
The only thing i didn't like was the cliche "military don't understand the aliens, so lets bomb them". I know is to have some conflict BUT in my mind, if this really happened, i don't think political and /or military leaders, even personal, would be so fucking obtuse, and wouldn't think first and give time so everything could be figured out. Hell, chinese are known for their patience.
7/10

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm a stupid who likes Michael Bay movies. Please explain to me.

Where did the aliens and ships go at the end? Why did they dissolve?

5wWf7H89PisM6An8UAU.gif

Last edited: